How About Some Introductions?

Hi,

My name is Amanda, and I'm a communication major/marketing minor at a small school in PA. I had my interview on Thursday, February 10, 2011, and I am waiting to hear back from Disney! I applied for 5 different roles. I cannot wait to hear from them!! So excited!!

Nice to meet ya'll!

Hey. :) Let me know if you get accepted. I'm still waiting for mine too. Are you going for Fall or Fall Advantage?

~Kim

Hi, all!

My name is Rachel (or Rae). I'm 22 years old and a junior studying English at the University of Illinois in Champaign.

I literally woke up this morning and decided on a whim to apply for the DCP in Disneyland for Fall '11. I made it past the Web-Based Interview and am going to call after the weekend to try and schedule my phone interview for Tuesday afternoon.

To be honest (and I'm getting way ahead of myself here), I'm not completely sure, if I were to get accepted, that I would go this time around. I took a year and a half break after getting my associate's before going back to school to try for my BA. My goal is to graduate in May 2012, and I don't actually know if I will be able to do so if I do a semester of the DCP. Sooo, even if I get accepted, I may have to shelf the opportunity for a year. :worried:

Anyway, gonna end my speech there and just say I look forward to chatting with the rest of you. :)

Hey. :) Let me know if you get accepted. I'm still waiting for mine too. Are you going for Fall or Fall Advantage?

~Kim

hey! i definitely will. keep me updated as well. i put fall advantage as my first choice, and then fall. i'll be happy with whatever they can accommodate me with. hopefully we will hear this upcoming week...or maybe even tonight? apparently they send out emails on saturday nights! (someone told me the first batch went out on a saturday night).

are you fall or fall advantage?

hey! i definitely will. keep me updated as well. i put fall advantage as my first choice, and then fall. i'll be happy with whatever they can accommodate me with. hopefully we will hear this upcoming week...or maybe even tonight? apparently they send out emails on saturday nights! (someone told me the first batch went out on a saturday night).

are you fall or fall advantage?

That's exciting. Maybe next Saturday? :) I didn't get an email tonight yet. :P

I had to only apply for Fall because my school does the quarter system. The quarter ends June 23rd. :P So yeah.. I'm so anxious and excited! :)

Hi, everyone! My name is Stephanie, I'm 22 years old, and I am a junior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, majoring in Human Resources.
I've loved Disney for as long as I can remember, and WDW is probably my favorite place in the world (tied with Hawaii:love:).
I applied for CP Fall 2011, and am waiting to hear back! It's been almost two weeks, so it should be soon. Nervous!

Hi, everyone! My name is Stephanie, I'm 22 years old, and I am a junior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, majoring in Human Resources.
I've loved Disney for as long as I can remember, and WDW is probably my favorite place in the world (tied with Hawaii:love:).
I applied for CP Fall 2011, and am waiting to hear back! It's been almost two weeks, so it should be soon. Nervous!

Hey :wave: I'm still waiting to hear back too. :hyper: You are doing Fall? Mee too! :D When would you want to arrive? I'm thinking anywhere close to the 10th/11th and I'm still looking for roommates if I get in. Let me know how it goes for you.

~Kim

That's exciting. Maybe next Saturday? :) I didn't get an email tonight yet. :P

I had to only apply for Fall because my school does the quarter system. The quarter ends June 23rd. :P So yeah.. I'm so anxious and excited! :)

I am super anxious and excited as well!!!!!! I can't wait to hear!!! Hopefully I will look like this when I hear..:cool1:

My plan is to finish with that, get a really good job and then go back and get my bachelors in Film. (My real love)

You probably already know this, but there's an excellent Film School in Orlando (actually in Winter Park, a suburb of Orlando). It's called Full Sail University and my DS graduated from there with a BS in Film in 2009. :)

Hey :wave: I'm still waiting to hear back too. :hyper: You are doing Fall? Mee too! :D When would you want to arrive? I'm thinking anywhere close to the 10th/11th and I'm still looking for roommates if I get in. Let me know how it goes for you.

~Kim

I haven't thought much about my arrival date yet, but probably sometime the second week of August would be my ideal choice.
I would def be interested in rooming together, since I'm not going down with any friends or anything!
I hope you get in! I'm going crazy waiting to hear!

Actually its a suburb of Orange County which Orlando is a part of :-D And its a Technical College with a Film program so people that like computers and art check it out. fullsail.edu

Thanks guys! Yeah... I'll look in to that. I may decide to stay in Florida. Who knows? :P

I haven't thought much about my arrival date yet, but probably sometime the second week of August would be my ideal choice.
I would def be interested in rooming together, since I'm not going down with any friends or anything!
I hope you get in! I'm going crazy waiting to hear!

:) Yeah, I'm not going with anyone I know either. I hope you get in too!! Day 6 of waiting! The time goes by so slowly. :hyper: :-)

~Kim

Im Communications Major too! I applied for both the Advantage and Fall, the sooner I can go the better. I interviewed for 5 different roles, just to cover the bases. The anticipation is killing me! Hopefully Ill hear from them this week.

I'm Andy, 22 a communication major and a junior at a small college in MN. Like Rae, I applied on a whim this morning for fall or fall advantage at WDW depending on how/what my work schedule turns out. I made the cut of the web interview :goodvibes and have my phone interview tomorrow afternoon. I've always wanted to work at Disney and to get it would be freaking awesome! Nerves? Oh yes. Excitement? Enough to drive DGF crazy. Despite that, she's very supportive.

I'm Andy, 22 a communication major and a junior at a small college in MN. Like Rae, I applied on a whim this morning for fall or fall advantage at WDW depending on how/what my work schedule turns out. I made the cut of the web interview :goodvibes and have my phone interview tomorrow afternoon. I've always wanted to work at Disney and to get it would be freaking awesome! Nerves? Oh yes. Excitement? Enough to drive DGF crazy. Despite that, she's very supportive.

Best of luck with your phone interview!! Just remember to be yourself and let your love of disney shine through. :)

OH MY GOSHHHHHH!!!

WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN THE JOY THIS EMAIL HAS BROUGHT ME. IVE JUST BEEN ACCEPTED FOR THE FALL ADVANTAGE 2011 AS PHOTOPASS PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!!!
:cool1: :yay: :cool1:

I JUST GOT MY EMAIL AND I'VE BEEN INVITED TO BE A PART OF THE DCP FOR FALL '11! SO MUCH WEIGHT HAS BEEN LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE WHAT I'M FEELING! I will be working Attractions in the Fall! Thank you everyone who sent in questions they had during their interviews; they really helped me to prepare. And good luck to everyone who applied/will apply, and congratulations to all who have been accepted! :goodvibes

:hippie:

I JUST GOT MY EMAIL TODAY!!! ive been accepted for Attractions for the Fall Advantage 2011!!!! (and like everybody else) I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!!! i can't wait till may!

Oh my gosh you guys! I got my email tooo!!! :D :D :D ACCEPTED!! I will officially be joining the Disney World cast as a Hopper CP in August! :D :cool1::banana::woohoo:

Also... It's only been a WEEK since my interview. I was prepared to suffer through at least another one.. but I didn't have to! I am SO HAPPY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter