How 7 Days with DCL Trumps 5 Trips to WDW~ Fantasy Eastern Caribbean, Oct 4-11

I Missed posting for Christmas soooo...

top-beautiful-disney-happy-new-year-clipart-1.jpg

White Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake - that just sounds like a little piece of heaven right there!

Hope you all had a great Christmas

Signing on! Really interested in what your oldest thought of Vibe. We are considering a cruise next year and my kids would be 16 & 14 but they are worried they are too old for a Disney cruise.

Hi Connie! I'm getting caught up everywhere this week. Luckily I was only two updates behind on yours and they were both food! 55 minutes till lunch, ugh! :rotfl:

My cousin Morgan just told me they are going on a Disney cruise next month. I'm so jealous! I'm definitely thinking about planning one in a year or two.

Enjoying your TR. Can't wait to hear more as we are planning our first cruise for Jan 2016.

Hi Oopsidaisy,

You might not remember me, but we used to live in TN and we tried to do a DISmeet at one point, but it never worked out. Anyway, I stumbled on this TR because we're going on a 7 night Western Carribbean in April and I love reading everyone's TRs. I started reading yours and realized it was you!

I'm loving your TR. It looks like you and your darling family had a terrific time. I look forward to reading the rest.

P.s. My family has sort of adopted your movie night idea. I'm not quite as creative, but I make do. We added our own little ritual of dancing to the family station on Pandora while preparing dinner (lots of great Disney music). You should be so proud that your movie nights have influenced people you haven't even met:worship.

I know that the girls were relieved when their bag finally showed up so that they could dress up for dinner. Great family picture!

Everybody's dinner looks delicious! One of the things that everybody raves about is dinner on the Disney ships.

Wow, where have I been??? Finally get back on here and EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT!!! I am actually sort of glad for the change, why? Mainly because once again I have run out of storage on photobucket again. So glad I can upload my pictures straight to the Disboards now! The main reason I have avoided the Disboards is because being able to put photos on here of everyday life is what keeps me interested in sticking with the TR. Without storage on Photobucket I have not been able to do that, and I had has pretty much given up on this TR. SOOOO, I am officially bac, and I will do better, I promise!! Anyone still out there???

Yay Connie's back!! I'm still here. The DIS really only changed two days ago so you aren't that far behind the times. It took me a while but I played a lot yesterday and think I got everything figured out. Posting an update when much more smoothly today than it did yesterday.

As for Photobucket, I finally upgraded to the Plus 20. I figured it was only $30 a year and I have a lot of pictures. Even with all my trips the last few years, I'm only at 20% capacity.

I can't wait to read more about your cruise because I'm seriously considering one either next year or in 2017.

Yay! You're back! I didn't know about the change to the picture posting deal until AFTER I paid to upgrade my dang photobucket account. I'm always a day late and a dollar short as my Mamaw used to say.

I'm a bit late to your TR but I've enjoyed reading it. Hope to cruise the Fantasy someday.

Yay Connie's back!! I'm still here. The DIS really only changed two days ago so you aren't that far behind the times. It took me a while but I played a lot yesterday and think I got everything figured out. Posting an update when much more smoothly today than it did yesterday.

As for Photobucket, I finally upgraded to the Plus 20. I figured it was only $30 a year and I have a lot of pictures. Even with all my trips the last few years, I'm only at 20% capacity.

I can't wait to read more about your cruise because I'm seriously considering one either next year or in 2017.

It is good to be back! I feel like I won't get to be on here as much as I used to My job has picked up a lot overall. I guess my boss, after two years with him now, is beginning to entrust me with more duties. Is that good or bad??? :sad2: If you choose to cruise in 2017, we will be doing a Wester Caribbean in March. :teeth:

Yay! You're back! I didn't know about the change to the picture posting deal until AFTER I paid to upgrade my dang photobucket account. I'm always a day late and a dollar short as my Mamaw used to say.

I was just on the cusp of upgrading Photobucket...glad I waited! :rolleyes:

:yay::yay::yay::yay: you are back. So happy to see you.

It really is good to be back. I have missed you all!!! I am dreadfully behind on TR's, so getting back into the swing of it all is taking a while, but I am glad to be back.:flower:

I'm still here!!! Glad your back Connie!! :flower:

Thanks, Casey!!!! I missed all your smiling faces. I just kind of went through a "funk", and didn't want to be on here. Good to be back, though. :cloud9:

I'm a bit late to your TR but I've enjoyed reading it. Hope to cruise the Fantasy someday.

:welcome: This was a good time to hop on. I have been MIA for a few weeks, so you had plenty of time to catch up. :rolleyes1

Yep, I'm here. Waiting for the next update. Enjoying all the pics!

My goal is to get another update on here before I leave work today! :hourglass

I'm still here and eagerly waiting for an update. :D

Yay!!! I will aim to please in about two hours... :upsidedow

Wakey, Wayey!!! It's our first full day at Sea!!!! I was awake before the rest of the family, so I decided to go check out the Adults Only deck. It was a quiet morning on the ship, not many folks moving about. I stopped by Cabana's for a cup of coffee and a pastry. Then I promptly headed to the adult area. I found just the right spot to "ocean watch" with my cuppa Joe:

And the view from my seat:

I took no other photos before dinner time on this day, it was simply a day to relax.

After spending time in solitude, I headed back to the room where everyone was still asleep, so if you can't beat 'em join 'em, right? Just as I crawled back into bed, Gage woke up. :p I told him to get dressed, and he and I could walk around the ship for a little while. Just as he got dressed, Brian woke up and decided to join us, too. The three of us headed upstairs and into Cabana's for some breakfast. During breakfast we got a call from Charity on our wave phone (she LOVED those phones, we are in trouble when that girl gets a cell phone!!!:sad2:) Anywho, she had already made friends, and they woke her up, ready to wander the ship. She called for permission to leave the room.

When we made our way back to the room, Jillian was up and about getting dressed. She sent Charity a text, and ended up having lunch with Charity and her new friends. I loved that the girls DID spend time with each other on this cruise, even though they were in two different clubs. I was worried that they would have no shared memories other than our family time. :hyper2:

We all pretty much parted ways at this point. Brian headed to Cove Cafe to get some schoolwork done. Gabe and I wandered around the ship together for a while. He and I went to see the Vibe and the Edge (the girls' clubs) while there were open house times. They were really cool, Vibe was MUCH bigger than the Edge, but both still really cool places for our girls to hang out. Jillian was on her way into Vibe from lunch as Gabe and I left. She decided to join us, for we had some plans at that point...

We all went back to the room and put on our swimsuits...it was AquaDuck time!!! :jumping1: Brian got finished with the assignments he wanted to do, and decided to join us. There was just a 30 minute wait, and it was FUN!! Since I do not have any photos that I took, let me just thrown in a stock photo of the AquaDuck, just to break up this loooooong novel I am writing here...

AquaDuck.JPG

Props to Passporter.com for the fabulous photo.

After the AquaDuck we came back to the room for dry clothes. Brian decided to stay in the room for a bit more schoolwork. Jillian, Gabe and I headed out of the room and STARTED a Mid-ship Detective Agency mission. Why did I type "started" in call caps? Because, those suckers take a LOT longer that we thought. We enjoyed it, but we did not finish it. :rolleyes1 Jillian decided to head back to the Vibe, and I took Gabe for some pizza at Flo's V8 cafe. After he ate his fill, he wanted to go to Oceaneer's club for a while.

When I got back to the room Brian and I were ready for some lunch, as well. Brian took his laptop. The adults only area is right past the "food court" on the 11th deck. So we grabbed lunch, and headed into the adult area to eat and let B so more homework. He tried to get as much done in one day as he could so that he didn't have to do some EVERY day of the cruise. I have no photo evidence, but I had chicken fingers and fries for lunch. Those DCL chicken fingers are AWESOME!! So are the fries. I had read on other reports that they were good, but they are chicken fingers, how good could they be? REALLY GOOD!!!! Probably better because you are eating them on vacation. On a cruise. In the warm sunshine. In the middle of the ocean. With MICKEY MOUSE!! So yeah, I highly recommend DCL chicken fingers and fries. :tongue: Brian had a deli roast beef sandwich and some fresh fruit. That fruit was good too! The fresh pineapple on this cruise was fantastic. After trying Brian's I did get my own. This is getting really long with no pictures, so I will continue the story in my next update.

Meanwhile. I have an announcement to make.....

In the next post....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter