House Hunters - now I've heard it all

Every time someone sits in a bathtub or stands under a shower head I want to hit them with my shoe! Unless you are 10 feet tall you should be able to manage. I hate when they do that!

Not true at all. In our last house (on Long Island, which was my grandparents home and currently my uncle's home), the bathroom shower head was installed ridiculously low. It sprays at the back of your neck and for my 6' DH his back. It was an older home and presumably built by a very short plumber.

If these shows are still on in 10 years, I predict many people walking into houses and being horrified by the stainless steel, granite, vessel sinks, and hardwood floors. "Ewwwww, this house is SO 2013!!!!" :eek::eek:

Obviously all of these shows are staged to various degrees. On House Hunters I suspect the producers are now intentionally instructing the buyers to go over the top in their reactions for camp value.

Jim

Let's add in all those couples who absolutely cannot abide a bathroom without a double vanity... how on earth will they both get ready for work??

I'll type reallllllyyyyyy slowly in case any of them are reading: You take turns!!! One person gets up a little earlier and gets ready. Then, when the first person is done, there's all that room for the second person.

I love the show; I love looking at all the homes and at what's typical where. But the people on the show are enough to drive you to drink!

Okay, I am one of them. I would not buy a house with less than two sinks in the master. And if there is any way, I want his vanity on the other side of the bathroom. Distance in the bathroom makes for a happy marriage.

Okay, I am one of them. I would not buy a house with less than two sinks in the master. And if there is any way, I want his vanity on the other side of the bathroom. Distance in the bathroom makes for a happy marriage.

:confused3

Maybe in your marriage but not in ours.

I've had master baths with both one and two sinks, and I can say we are much happier with two sinks. That's something I will always want.

Just think of how much further he could get from you in the hall bathroom in the morning. lol No need to wait that way and nobody is on top of the other.

I would never let not having two sinks stop me from buying a home when it is simple and cheap to add a double sink as long as there is enough room. We have one sink in the main bathroom and no master bathroom with three people and it is really not a problem for us. I could have added a double when we updated the sink but didn't even think about it.

:confused3

Maybe in your marriage but not in ours.

Same here - we aren't in the bathroom at the same time in the am. According to HH, I'm not sure how we are married with no double sinks, no granite, no stainless appliances, and old carpeting.

While I enjoyed having double sinks in one cabinet area, I HATE having two facing areas where we presently live - double the amenties (soap dispensers, toothbrush holders/cups/paste, mouthwash containers, etc. to juggle around when cleaning. Not to mention two huge mirrors...it's like cleaning an extra bathroom.

EMom said:

Would you want more than 2? Personally that would really confuse my marriage.

While I enjoyed having double sinks in one cabinet area, I HATE having two facing areas where we presently live - double the amenties (soap dispensers, toothbrush holders/cups/paste, mouthwash containers, etc. to juggle around when cleaning. Not to mention two huge mirrors...it's like cleaning an extra bathroom.

He cleans his area and I clean mine. In the house we are building, he has one mirror and I have three. I have more work, but I will not have to see him brush his teeth and considering my gag reflex, that is a good thing. :lmao:

Maybe I am alone in this but I have no desire to share a bathroom with anyone. Of course others can use it but I don't want to be in there with another person if I don't have to. I like to complete my hygiene and makeup alone. We could have put 2 sinks in our master and dh and I were like "for what?" we would never use them together. Now I can see it for the kids so they can brush their teeth etc. in the mornings faster but other than that I like alone time in the bathroom. YMMV.
Oh- and I cannot stand when they go on and on about the paint color. I am not talking about some cathedral ceiling great room that would be hard to paint. I am talking about a 10x12 bedroom.

I love watching House Hunters but my husband wishes I would not. We built a new home 6 years ago - before I started watching. And he thinks I have regrets about our home when I say we should have done this or that. We get a good laugh watching these people.

The "acting" drives me crazy and how many guys are that impressed with"natural light". My home does have great "entertaining space", with an open kitchen/family room. But I hate entertaining. I love the area because our previous house was cramped. Our extended family expected a big house warming party but I quickly squashed that idea. My idea of entertaining is having our kids and grand kids at our house. We have double sinks in the master bath but we seldom use them at the same time. Even if we did, we have another full bath and a half bath.

The young couples have very high expectations, especially for their first homes and, sometimes, very limited budgets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter