House Hunters - now I've heard it all

I'm going to start a drinking game.

Drink everytime a couple looks at a walk-in closet and the wife says to her husband, "but where are you going to put your clothes?"

Drink every time a couple walks into a kitchen and someone says "I can just picture myself cooking here."

Drink every time a couple says a space would be perfect for entertaining or dinner parties.

Or for the non-drinkers here, we could have a bingo game - with squares like "man cave", "outdated", "small yard", "natural wood floors", "granite", "stainless steel appliances", "curb appeal" and my favorite...."lots of natural light in the bedroom".

You all realize this show is staged? They are told to come up with criticism's for each house. They also decide a spin for each family.

Now that brings up an image, all right. The director standing just off-camera yelling "NO! TIFFANY, YOU'RE NOT WHINY ENOUGH! COMPLAIN ABOUT THE KITCHEN SOME MORE! AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, TOM, THROW IN SOME SNIDE REMARKS ABOUT HOW HER SHOES WILL TAKE UP ONE CLOSET ALONE! AND, DON'T FORGET, SAY HOW YOU REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A ONE-STORY BECAUSE YOUR DECORATOR DOG DOESN'T LIKE STAIRS!"

Good Lord, I love that show!

Now that brings up an image, all right. The director standing just off-camera yelling "NO! TIFFANY, YOU'RE NOT WHINY ENOUGH! COMPLAIN ABOUT THE KITCHEN SOME MORE! AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, TOM, THROW IN SOME SNIDE REMARKS ABOUT HOW HER SHOES WILL TAKE UP ONE CLOSET ALONE! AND, DON'T FORGET, SAY HOW YOU REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A ONE-STORY BECAUSE YOUR DECORATOR DOG DOESN'T LIKE STAIRS!"

Good Lord, I love that show!

:rotfl2:

You all realize this show is staged? They are told to come up with criticism's for each house. They also decide a spin for each family. These families have already chosen their homes. Those comments are all for show.

I still love the show because I love to see the costs of homes in different parts of the country. I love to see homes in other countries. And I love to see if I get any decorating /remodeling ideas LOL

I posted that a couple of pages back, as well as a couple of other people, but some posters either aren't reading or don't want facts to get in the way.:lmao:

I think there should be a follow up a year later. I want to see how many are still married. Lol. Saw one where the husband kept referring to needing room for kids and wife would roll her eyes. Finally she said "ugh, you and your kids!" hmmm maybe they didn't discuss this BEFORE getting married?

And did you see the woman who wanted no trees because she hated the sound of birds??

You can play that drinking game not only with House Hunters, but Property Brothers too. I'm watching Property Brothers right now, and in less than 5 minutes I heard, 'natural light', 'pop corn ceiling', and 'open concept'.

You guys have ruined these shows for me! :rotfl2:

A friend of mine and her husband will be on HHI soon. They've filmed but it hasn't aired yet. They were approved for filming after they found a rental house. I hope she spent a lot of time thinking about how to be critical without being a condescending American!

I like the HGTV shows where they first take the couple to their dream home then tell them it's 5x their budget. The couple always looks shocked!

OT: The folks who agree to film for Love It or List It must not realize that no one has ever ended up with the renovations they've budgeted for in their existing home. Every single episode features some sort of serious home repair that eats up most of the budget!

A friend of mine and her husband will be on HHI soon. They've filmed but it hasn't aired yet. They were approved for filming after they found a rental house. I hope she spent a lot of time thinking about how to be critical without being a condescending American!

I like the HGTV shows where they first take the couple to their dream home then tell them it's 5x their budget. The couple always looks shocked!

OT: The folks who agree to film for Love It or List It must not realize that no one had ever ended up with the renovations they've budgeted for in their existing home. Every single episode features some sort of serious home repair that eats up most of the budget!

I love how on Love It or List It, the couple agrees to the renovations, leaves, comes back to check on the progress and are shocked and pissed at seeing the mess. Like, what on earth did they think renovation entailed?

I'm partial to the "I don't want stairs because I have children"...really, you're never going to teach your children to do stairs?

:)I will never look at these shows the same way again. It is amazing how everyone these days can afford a $300,000 first house.

It is fun to watch the twins tho....I can't decide if I like clean cut or construction man. :rotfl:

You can play that drinking game not only with House Hunters, but Property Brothers too. I'm watching Property Brothers right now, and in less than 5 minutes I heard, 'natural light', 'pop corn ceiling', and 'open concept'.

You guys have ruined these shows for me! :rotfl2:

I don't care for Property Brothers or Love It Or List It. Property Brothers reno estimates can't possibly be accurate, since they seem to include designer input and specific furniture selected in the design process. If I could afford a designer for color schemes, tile, carpet and furniture selection, my humble home would be worthy of a Town & Country layout.

Love It Or List It always has a problem where the lady can't stretch the budget to include everything promised. But what she does accomplish is still unbelievable vs. what you or I would get charged for the same work. Her finished work also seems to include custom color schemes, paint, tile, window coverings, carpet selection and some/all furniture.

Here's what us real people get in terms of design help when contracting work on our interiors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwOGVWqHAw

House Hunters - unbelievable backstories but still a good show. :thumbsup2

I think there should be a follow up a year later. I want to see how many are still married. Lol. Saw one where the husband kept referring to needing room for kids and wife would roll her eyes. Finally she said "ugh, you and your kids!" hmmm maybe they didn't discuss this BEFORE getting married?

And did you see the woman who wanted no trees because she hated the sound of birds??

Oh yes I remember the bird lady!!

DebbieB said:
Anyone see the one with the wife from Italy a couple of weeks ago? Yikes...

Is that the one where she freaked out every time she went into a house that didn't have tile floors, and they both wanted to be near an airport so they could hear the jets overhead? She was a real nutter, too, and he just went along with it.

Is that the one where she freaked out every time she went into a house that didn't have tile floors, and they both wanted to be near an airport so they could hear the jets overhead? She was a real nutter, too, and he just went along with it.

Yes, the house had to "speak to her".

I posted that a couple of pages back, as well as a couple of other people, but some posters either aren't reading or don't want facts to get in the way.:lmao:

i've known the show was staged for a long time. that doesn't mean i don't like to talk about it or comment on it. :confused3

I think it's obvious that many of these shows are staged. Love it or List it follows the exact same formula in every single show.

But the point remains that we watch the shows. And that the scripts they follow can be incredibly annoying at times.

I remember that one! I think they were in Utah, maybe Salt Lake City, weren't they? She was being really ridiculous. I'll hold her while you smack her if you do the same for me!

:lmao: YES!!! :lmao:

And of course I realized this is staged or played up, but why do they make them look so annoying!?! :confused:

My girlfriend's house was used on HHI. They moved to Costs Rica about 8 years back. He was a developer and she a tennis pro. The started a gated community with tennis courts, etc... They moved out obviously during filming and she said they took out pieces in the home and staged with different pieces. They own a condo there as well so they just stayed at the condo. I don't know what they got in exchange but I'm dying to know:confused3

Every time someone sits in a bathtub or stands under a shower head I want to hit them with my shoe! Unless you are 10 feet tall you should be able to manage. I hate when they do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!