Hotel near Disney in the $75 range

Do many of these homes rent out in February to the "snowbird" types? I realize there is really no slow time at Disney anymore, but I am really surprised that many of these homes, condos, etc are booked already for much of January and February!
I'm sure the snowbirds are part of it. If you're going for several weeks, you don't want a regular hotel room. And it's just generally a busy time because people want to escape the cold weather up north (not go in July like we did). If you don't have kids or have pre-school age kids, it's much nicer to go that time of year.

So $ 1500 for tickets for 7 days & now want Hotel rooms for $ 560

Yes....why does that sound so absurd!?!? If I spend $1500 on tickets, I'm automatically supposed to spend that much or more on a hotel? I'm paying to be in the parks, not at the hotel which I basically stated in my original post. We are currently booked at Fort Wilderness for less than $400 for our trip. We have also stayed at the Rodeway for $38 a night. Other posters have given me lots of options which have stayed within my budget. I'm very happy that you can and want to spend $1000 or more on lodging, but my family and I prefer not to.

We enjoy vacationing and do it frequently. One way that we are able to make it happen is we make sure we don't break the bank each trip!

So $ 1500 for tickets for 7 days & now want Hotel rooms for $ 560
Yes. I'm not sure if there's a question there. You can easily get nice accommodations for $75/night. In fact, we much prefer that to staying onsite for a variety of reasons. I'll take a 3-bedroom house over a value room any day.

I like Hampton Inn. There's one on Palm Parkway up kind of behind the Crossroads shopping center that's often $80-$100 a night. There's also a Hampton Inn in Kissimmee that's currently advertising $75 a night in Sept. Don't know what it'll be in Feb. Hampton Inn has a pretty decent breakfast included so you save money and time with that.

I've also stayed off I-4 in Davenport. It's a little further away but it's a straight shot and only a few minutes south. I've stayed at the Comfort Inn there for around $60 a night.

It is not an absurd question .

Did you try to " Bargain " on the Price of The Tickets ?

Yes you wish to pay for the Parks but not a " fair price " for to stay between park time.

My family and I stayed at the Marriott Village and paid about $71.00/night from Aug 8-10. I just checked for Feb and the rate was about $100.00....go figure. However, we were impressed with the cleanliness and service....and the proximity to Disney. We were so close to DS! They even gave me my room by 10:30am on my arrival day as we had an early morning flight from Newark and got into Orlando early. We plan on staying there again on our next trip for about 4 days to do some Orlando attractions other than Disney. We tried that on this last trip but 2 days was just not enough. Good luck.

We like to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on Marabel Dr. off of Palm Pkwy which is a 10 minute ride to Disney Springs. Rate we have paid according to our Hilton show $55 - $79 over the past two years. No resort or parking fee.

Yes you wish to pay for the Parks but not a " fair price " for to stay between park time.
Sorry but I'm not following you here. Where did OP say she didn't want to pay a "fair" price for her hotel? There are plenty of very nice places to stay in the $75 range. She was just looking for some suggestions, which several of us have given her.

And if you know some way to "bargain" for tickets, please share. Other than a place like Undercover Tourist where you can save a few dollars, I don't know of anything better.

My experience is that at this point the hotels are still optimistic. Prices get soft as you get closer to the dates and they realize "we aren't going to get top dollar" :)

I will not pay Disney pricing for their hotels. When I see their rates I just laugh. They want WHAT for that quality? I can pass! IMHO there's nothing "fair" about Disney hotel pricing The words that come to mind are "rip off".

MouseSavers has some pretty great partnerships with the Disney Springs area resorts. They sent out a special yesterday for the Holiday Inn for $64/night. Not sure what rates are for next year, but it's worth taking a look at the MouseSavers site.

I have to go look at that email but if its the Hoilday inn we stayed at this April we really liked it. Also go to the Disney Spring Hotels website nice choices in that area.

Yes I want to pay a "fair price" Sadly Disney is long past "Fair price" For subpar service roadside motels a fair price is not over $100 a night IMHO!

If we're staying offsite for a week or so, we usually rent a condo. We like the extra room to spread out and a full kitchen to do breakfast and some meals/snacks. We've stayed at Star Island, Fantasy World Vacation Villas, Wyndham Cypress Palms and Blue Heron for between $50-$80/night. They're all within 15-20 minutes of the parks. We've found good deals on Armed Forces Vacation Club and eBay. Hotwire often has good condo deals, too, but you're flying blind on what resort you're getting.

We've spent a few nights in the clarion inn lake buena vista. they have a nice splash area that my daughters, who were probably 4 and 3 the last time we were there loved. there is a decent sized fenced in playground that can only be accessed with your key card. there are food options all around. once we used our AAA discount for about $70, but the second time we grabbed a book from a rest area on 95 and got a coupon for around $60. we would stay there again.

We stayed at SpringHill Suites in Flamingo Crossings for $79 per night with our AAA rate. The hotel was brand new and included a huge hot breakfast. The drive to HS was maybe 10
minutes.

My go-to's for that price range in the area are the Clarion Inn on Palm Parkway and the Quality Inn and Suites by the Parks (address is Entry Point Blvd in Kissimmee). I've been at both multiple times and would recommend them. Both are very close to Disney property. The Quality Inn always includes breakfast...the Clarion generally does not, but sometimes they have promo packages that do.

We stayed at SpringHill Suites in Flamingo Crossings for $79 per night with our AAA rate. The hotel was brand new and included a huge hot breakfast. The drive to HS was maybe 10
minutes.

I'm looking forward to staying there in just a few weeks. The reviews are great and so is the location. I got a very similar rate as you.

Just be careful to real ALL the fine print AND check availability first because certain weeks have additional charges and/or fees.
Also certain resorts add fees unique to that location.

Still, as long as you understand exactly what you are signing up for, Skyauction can be an awesome deal. We've used it numerous times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter