Hotel near Disney in the $75 range

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me a recommendation for a hotel near the World in the $75 range? We recently went in April and tent camped at Disney World! We had a great time and are planning on going again in February. But we are also kicking around the idea of staying offsite. We spent 1 night at the Roadway Inn in Kissimmee last trip. It was $38 bucks with tax. We got there at 3am and were headed to breakfast at the Contemporary by 8:30. It was perfect for what we needed, but I wouldn't want to spend a whole week there.

We aren't opposed to the values at Disney but we would prefer something slightly nicer than the values even if offsite. However, we don't need a $200 a night hotel either. We also really don't have a need for a kitchen, suite, etc. Kids will be 3 and 5.

Our biggest complaint with Fort Wilderness was the huge campground itself. Yes, camping is cheaper but to get around they suggest a golf cart at $60 a day. We didn't rent one last time and ended up driving everywhere! So I was talking to DH and suggested we check offsite. Thanks in advance!

MouseSavers has some pretty great partnerships with the Disney Springs area resorts. They sent out a special yesterday for the Holiday Inn for $64/night. Not sure what rates are for next year, but it's worth taking a look at the MouseSavers site.

It will also depend on when in February. If you are talking President's Week it may be more difficult.

I would look at resorts on 192 "Celebration" aka north of I-4.

Thanks all! I will check into it. I am a subscriber to mousesavers so I will keep my eye on that. As far as weeks go, we are looking at February 4-11.

disney has upped the price on the all stars - so think it is even more than $100 now.

as far as offsite depends upon what you need.

try skyauction - if you don't mind bidding - read EVERYTHING - some to their auction include a $279 and $20 fee - these can be timeshares condo - so you can get more room - but you have decided if the price is worth it for you

also travelzoo - okay looks like it does not do Orlando anymore?

expedia and travelocity do.

what hotel would you consider to be and upgrade?

I guess the style of hotel that I was looking for was a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn type hotel. Some friends had recently stayed at Pop, and although it was fine, they found it to just be on the room to be on the small side, long drive to to the parks, and mentioned the fact that the beds were doubles instead of queens. Facts that they knew going in but were just things that they mentioned that they weren't real impressed with.

When I had been reading many of the threads on here about staying offsite, people were always mentioning condos, time shares, or places like Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I'm sure we would make it just fine with any of those, but it seemed like the dates I would put in either had no availability or were $200+/night. I will say that a PP mentioned vacationcentralflorida.com and those looked pretty nice for reasonable prices.

I'm just looking for somewhere that I can call, make a reservation (that could be cancelled if needed), check-in, park, drop my bags and be on my way. I'm not needing a resort feel, valet parking, fancy restaurant or kitchens.

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far! I think the Disney Springs area is going to be promising for the style we are looking for!

then this site might help you. look for their specials or sales. http://disneyspringshotels.com/

I've found some great deal using this site for the Disney Springs Hotels over the past several years. One thing I've noticed is that they tend to only have special offers for the current and following season. By that I mean you'll only see specials for Summer and Fall right now.

I'd take HopperFan's advice. Make sure to book a cancelable reservation and continue periodically checking for discounts on other hotels.

boy had no idea that the local hotels had gone up so much.
for the comfort inn - look at choicehotels.com - they are pretty expensive.

Last edited:
boy had no idea that the local hotels had gone up so much.
for the comfort inn - look at choicehotels.com - they are pretty expensive.

Yes, a few of those that were always such a bargain for their location etc are now in a whole new ballpark. So many I would look at now I am surprised at their new rates .... and rates I won't pay for those hotels.

Are you open to renting a home rather than a hotel? You get far more for your money. There is a 3-bedroom townhouse in Crestwynd Bay that we've rented twice in the past year. Last time, the owner gave me a returning guest rate of $75/night. The regular rate is a little higher but not much. You can also probably find a 2-bedroom or even 3-bedroom condo in Windsor Palms in that price range. That way you also get a full kitchen, living room, 2 or 3 bathrooms, and tons of space. Check VRBO.com and also http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/

I got my tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing, with their buy 4 days get 3 days free. So right around $1500 for 2 adults, 2 kids.

I would definitely consider it if I could find one that I knew would be clean and not tack on a bunch of fees! I will definitely check them out.

Are you open to renting a home rather than a hotel? You get far more for your money. There is a 3-bedroom townhouse in Crestwynd Bay that we've rented twice in the past year. Last time, the owner gave me a returning guest rate of $75/night. The regular rate is a little higher but not much. You can also probably find a 2-bedroom or even 3-bedroom condo in Windsor Palms in that price range. That way you also get a full kitchen, living room, 2 or 3 bathrooms, and tons of space. Check VRBO.com and also http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/

I would definitely consider it if I could find one that I knew would be clean and not tack on a bunch of fees! I will definitely check them out.
https://www.vrbo.com/334281
This is the house we rented in January and again in July. I'd happily stay there again.

One tiny warning - the owners own 2 homes and the pics are a little mixed up. Not all of the photos on this page are of this house. I really need to tell them about that as it's confusing. I forgot to mention it in my review. But the owners are very nice, the house is nice, and the location is great.

Do many of these homes rent out in February to the "snowbird" types? I realize there is really no slow time at Disney anymore, but I am really surprised that many of these homes, condos, etc are booked already for much of January and February!

https://www.vrbo.com/334281
This is the house we rented in January and again in July. I'd happily stay there again.

One tiny warning - the owners own 2 homes and the pics are a little mixed up. Not all of the photos on this page are of this house. I really need to tell them about that as it's confusing. I forgot to mention it in my review. But the owners are very nice, the house is nice, and the location is great.

Unfortunately, this is one that's not available for our week. Thanks though! I'm open to trying other weeks but already have some dining reservations lined up!

I would make a refundable reservation at someplace like the Red Lion. If you do it through Cheap Tickets you can usually find a discount code to bring down your costs even more. Don't forget to add "resort fees" to your mental total!

Speaking of a "mental total", a week at a hotel for $75 per night plus tax is about $600 (plus resort fees). I would use that number when comparing condos and timeshares. I recently stayed at the Wyndham Cypress Palms through a last minute bid though SkyAuction. Here's my review of the place: http://www.disboards.com/threads/re...ss-palms-with-pictures.3524116/#post-56068256 . If you use SkyAuction make sure to read ALL THE FINE PRINT! I got a great bargain, but most of the time what looks like a great bargain turns out to be more with additional fees. I had reservations at 3 hotels before I finally hot the WCP the week before our trip.

ETA: I wouldn't let ADRs rule when I stay if something came up in a different week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter