Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

I personally think names are nice. I like to know who gave the gifts and even where they are from. I usually print out a little poem or something that fits the gift andput our name and cabin number on them when we give our items.

Does anyone have any bottle cap images they would be willing to share. I am trying to put some together for our upcoming cruise but can't find any the right size. We are going on the Fantasy so looking for characters or the Fantasy logo.

Thanks Ahead A Time

:goodvibes

I wanted to share one of the items I have just created for our upcoming cruise FE. I am not very crafty, so I created a "survival kit". It includes two mickey mouse bandaids, two small Neosporin packets, some rubber bands, some post it notes, a highlighter, some safety pins and some WetOne Wipes. I also created a little poem that is VERY dumb and doesn't rhyme.... but I'll post it after the pictures...

SurvivalKit-parts_zpsad5cbdcb.jpg

SurvivalKit-Puttogether_zps7c4f35ad.jpg

Fantasy SuperBowl Cruisers Suvivor Kit
We know this gift is boring, but oh so practical,
Perhaps you won’t have to use it, but we hope it’s so helpful.

Mickey Bandaids to help boo-boos, if you happen to fall down,
And antibiotic cream too, so you don’t have a frown.
Sanitizer Wipes for your hands, for when they get icky,
Safety Pins and Rubber Bands, if your situation gets sticky.

The Post-it notes’ for messages to leave your family,
And the highlighter is for you to Navigate a fun activity.
Pardon our horrendous poetry, and our really bad rhymes,
But on this cruise we know that all will have Fantastic times.
The Mann Family – Chesterfield, Virginia, USA

Hi- Newer to the disboards. Mostly a silent "looker" but thought I'd post some of my FE gifts here too. I hope you can see this picture. I am going to personalize them with the cruise date.

PicMonkeyCollageornaments_zps32bade9f.png

momoftwinadoes said:
Hi- Newer to the disboards. Mostly a silent "looker" but thought I'd post some of my FE gifts here too. I hope you can see this picture. I am going to personalize them with the cruise date.

I really like these. Did you make them or order them?

Does anyone have any bottle cap images they would be willing to share. I am trying to put some together for our upcoming cruise but can't find any the right size. We are going on the Fantasy so looking for characters or the Fantasy logo.

Thanks Ahead A Time

:goodvibes

I just posted some princesses! I can share as long as you're not in my January sailing FE group! lol

I really like these. Did you make them or order them?

Thanks! I made them. They look way better than the photo in person. I ordered the graphics on etsy, edited the names/ sayings in Paint, printed them in my printer, used a xyron machine to make it have sticky backs, and used a one inch hole punch to cut the images. Then I used epoxy dots on top on the images and stuck them to the bottlecaps. I punched holes in the caps & used jump rings to attach the 3 parts together.
Not too hard. I do make my own jewelry & am somewhat crafty but they were pretty easy to do.

Ok for anyone who has made the key fobs....what type of "webbing" for lack of a better word I'm guessing...do you use and where did you buy it? I want to make these for our upcoming cruise and I'm lost on where to start! Help!!! I only have a few weeks until our cruise.

In the past, my husband did small individual watercolors; this time there were too many, so he did a watercolor and had professional prints made and then matted them. I think it was just as nice. We gave one to each family, in addition to Disney-themed gifts for all those under 21.

We received tons of lovely gifts, but in terms of very unique and noteworthy, we got a group of plastic items made with a makerbot machine that I had never even heard of, but my son had and was thrilled with the items. We also received locally-made soap from one family; that was something we had not received before.

What a talented artist he is. I may have to stalk you so I can be on a trip with you guys one day!!:wave2:

Ok for anyone who has made the key fobs....what type of "webbing" for lack of a better word I'm guessing...do you use and where did you buy it? I want to make these for our upcoming cruise and I'm lost on where to start! Help!!! I only have a few weeks until our cruise.

It is called webbing and you can buy it here along with the metal key fobs. There may be other sites online but I have purchased them here before and have been happy...
http://ribbonandbowsohmy.com/index.php?module=Catalog&action=ViewProduct&prod=535

I LOVE your ornament. What is it made of if you don't mind me asking? It looks sparkly (my favorite thing)!

Sorry it took me a few days to answer you. Too busy with Christmas to get online for a while :santa:

The ornaments are glitter cardstock on a wooden circle. Rather easy and nice and sparkly :love:

Blueyes87 said:
We just got back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise a few weeks ago and we had some of the most wonderful FE gifts :goodvibes But now that were back and things have calmed down I just wanted to post my FE gift. My idea came from last thread and after going back and forth trying to decide what to do I'm glad I did this....I just hope everyone else did to :rotfl:

These are the coasters that I made and gave out...of course I had to keep a set for myself ;)

What are your coasters made out of? I usually use tile when I make mine but they would be so heavy! Also do u use midge lodge to seal? I made a few sets months ago and they still seem tacky.

I am so glad I have 11 months before our cruise! I went through all 300 pages of FE ideas and my mind is spinning! So excited!

Thank you SO MUCH for this fabulous FE gift! The kids tried to claim it but I wouldn't let them touch it. ;) LOVE it!!!

Okay....I must be dumb but what are these ribbon things with the metal Mickey head on them for? Saw u got them on a cruise and they r on etsy too....

I put "key fob hardware" into a search on Amazon to find the hardware and the webbing showed up as other products I might be interested in. One stop shopping for me.

Found decorative grosgrain on bestribbons.com, lots of Disney designs on there!

txaggie94gigem said:
Okay....I must be dumb but what are these ribbon things with the metal Mickey head on them for? Saw u got them on a cruise and they r on etsy too....

Key chains!

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful ideas. The only problem is most of you are 100x more crafty than me. I would love to make some of these things but I promise they would not look like this, but it is fun to look at them. Again, thanks.

Best to All
Mal-

I'm only just starting to read this new Handmade FE gifts thread, but I saw your comment and wanted to mention something that I received on my last cruise that wasn't too difficult and I loved. It was a solid colored Mickey head silhouette that was laminated and cut out, then someone took a permanent marker and wrote my and my husband's name on it and glued a magnet on the back. Not to technical and wonderfully personalized. I still have these on my fridge now! Just another idea for those afraid to make anything terribly difficult.

My Joann has webbing in thier ribbon section. You can buy it by the yard. I would check Hobby Lobby too if you have one.

I don't think I ever got around to sharing my Fish Extender and the gifts I gave for my Fantasy cruise last May.

Here is my FE:
Watermark-012.jpg

Watermark-013.jpg

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/2012/05/fish-extender-tutorial.html

Luggage Handle Covers:
Watermark-015.jpg

Link to blog post with link to tutorial: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/2012/05/luggage-handle-covers.html#uds-search-results

Bottle Cap Magnets:
Watermark-025.jpg

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/2012/05/bottle-cap-magnets.html

Mickey boxes to hold one magnet and some chocolate for each person:
Watermark-046.jpg

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/2012/05/mickey-candy-boxes.html

We had a really large group, 48 cabins and approximately 250 people. (yes, I am completely crazy). I made 2 luggage handle covers per adult, and one per child. It was so nice seeing many of them in use when we picked up our luggage!

I ended up having a few of the Mickey boxes left with chocolates and a magnet in them. So I gave one to each of the dining staff, and the remaining two to our room hostess. They were all so appreciative of such a small gift! Our room hostess even left us one each of the lotion, shampoo, condition, body wash, and sun gel in return! I just had to make sure I moved them to my checked luggage before we got to the airport. :) So on my next cruise I will make sure to have a special little package for the staff, maybe including a bit of a cash tip as well as some goodies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter