1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

This does not have to be expensive and there is no need to make things. I just enjoy doing so. My last Fish Extender gifts worked out about 40 cent per person. I got all the materials from Ebay and it took me a little over an hour to make them.

Corinna

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dolphingirl47

The thread has been so quiet that I totally forgot to post what I did for our November cruise on the Magic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Corinna

4. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

Oh please don't feel that way. There is huge variety in gifts. Gifts may vary from $1-$10 a stateroom (not a rule, just an observation). Some do gifts for each person and some one gift per stateroom. Some purchase items from places like oriental trading and some create gifts. It doesn't matter the cost or how creative someone is- it is just the joy of sharing with others. The key is to enjoy the process.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. Blanche_Neige

Blanche_Neige DIS Veteran

What did you make?

6. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

My plans are now up in smoke for now...my printer decided to die :sad1:

7. dolphingirl47

8. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

CD of cruise Disney music (with the cruise ship horns and the Castaway Cay music), the Johnson and Johnson 90 cent first aide kit (because I am a nurse and those first aide kits are freaking awesome! I add Mickey bandaides and a cute Mickey sticker), or should I make a mini recipe book of like 10-20 top Seattle recipes (because I am in Seattle area) held together with a ring and the cover being a postcard? My mom and I are going to the Eastern Caribbean in April. Any suggestions or ideas?

9. Blanche_Neige

10. dolphingirl47

I love both ideas.

Corinna

11. MrsPotatoHead425

MrsPotatoHead425 Mouseketeer

What kind of music from Castaway Cay? Or maybe I should say where did you find it? I remember sitting and listening to it and relaxing...I'd love to find said music so I can "go back" when I want too ;)

12. gerberdaisy1234

Unfortunately I deleted some pictures to have more space while on the cruise thinking that I had downloaded them on my computer. I don't have pictures of everything- I gave out CDs with over 50 Disney and DCL ringtones that can be used on the iphone plus versions for other types of phones, Disney Lullaby CDs and Disney Board books for the 3 and under crowd, Disney toy kits from Michael's, Coloring kits with markers, socks,Calendars and notepads (all Disney from Target), containers colored sugar sprinkles for the ice cream station, bubbles, keychains, wristlets, bracelets, necklaces, bookmarks, magnet (some with charms), drink holders for carrying drinks back from beverage station, some candy
    Here are the few pictures that didn't get deleted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I found a picture of one of the board books online [​IMG] They are Disney My First Look and Find books

13. Blanche_Neige

WOW!!
    When are you cruising again? ;)

Love how you recycled the Castaway Club lanyard :thumbsup2

14. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

I got a CD with it. There's a song called Castaway Cay. My dad dances around the house when it plays, so nerdy.

15. gerberdaisy1234

Thanks. We don't like the lanyard around the neck and never used them. Thought some others may feel the same way. I had to order a couple gold and platinum from eBay since we have not made it that far yet :)

16. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

I have the same book marks but for our Christmas cruise next year. Also made key fobs...guess great minds think alike:thumbsup2 Although I used cruise ribbons, but I have always wanted to repurpose my lanyards...I like the key fob idea.... I think I will make some for me...hehe

BTW I love the drink holders....there are nights everyone says, "Mom can you bring me back a drink?" Man I could have used one of those...:lmao:

17. gerberdaisy1234

Cool... Same charms too? Maybe we were separated at birth:) I did save a key fob for myself :)

I ended up putting windows on all the Fantasy holders per my daughter's insistence. (I made a few with a denim duct tape too)
    They really do come in handy and get attention too. Was ask several times where I got the drink carrier. The duct tape made it durable enough to last. I plan on using it for several cruises:)

18. Blanche_Neige

How did you make them?
    Did you find a template or you are just creative??

19. gerberdaisy1234

I just love duct tape:) I even made my FE using a shopping bag from Disney's 40th and gold duct tape.

The steps were slightly different for four cup holder vs the two cup.
    Start with it folded. I believe for two cup I did red row of duct tape o bottom, then gold row starting at top edge of cup part, then black strip over leaving a bit of red and gold showing,(go all the way around) I then did a red strip at top folding over (so half strip) then covered top with a couple rows of white. (For top part i did one side at a time instead of going all the way around)

I used an exacto knife to cut through at the right spots. It helps to look at is unfolded to see where you need to cut. I found using the sheets of duct tape from craft store easier for making the circles. Fantasy I just printed, laminated and glue dotted.
    The main difference for four cup was an extra black row and the cutting was a bit awkward. It might be easier with a different type holder. I had Chick-fil-a holders and the 4 cup curved at top of cup part.
    Hmmm... Maybe I will get a couple more and take pictures of the process.

20. ForTheLoveOfDCL

ForTheLoveOfDCL A Dream is a wish your

Actually I do have some of the same charms.....:confused3 Ebay and china sellers have done Mickey well..:lmao: How do you make the drink holders travel. That looks like it can take up room?

21. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

Wait, wait, wait....did you just say that you made your FE with duct tape?? WOW! you are TALENTED! ;) I have yet to make mine, and I am having to travel el cheapo style (and I do mean cheap ::yes::) I just cannot imagine spending alot for a FE we will only use once. Care to share how you made that? :scratchin