Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KarlaG4Kids, Apr 8, 2012.

1. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

They fold flat. They are just the drink holders like you get from a fast food restaurant.

Thanks :) There is an awesome thread on making a FE with duct tape. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2821566
    I used some of that info to come up with the dimensions for my FE.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

How long did you cut the lanyard pieces to make the key fobs??? That's a fabulous idea!!!!

4. gerberdaisy1234

That was the quickest/easiest of all the things I made. I cut the lanyards. I just kindof looped around wrist to get an idea of length. Ironed 7/8" Heat-n-Bond on the back and then a piece if plain ribbon on the back. I first I tried reinforcing edges with sewing machine but messed up machine (there is a reason the package says do not sew! I had to take it apart and clean everything.) Fold to make a loop. Clamp key fob hardware over ends. Tada!
    I did some double sided castaway club ribbon but decided to use plain ribbon to make more from each lanyard.
    I ordered the one inch hardware for key fobs.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. tigger24601

tigger24601 Earning My Ears

I'm wondering if you could do the drink holder with plastic canvas....something to look into if we ever get to do another cruise.

6. Woobie

Woobie DIS Veteran

I love the CC lanyard key fobs. I may steal that for ME. I also LOVE the MM key charms. Great idea on the drink holders. Super cute.

7. BippityBoppity

BippityBoppity Mouseketeer

Sorry but what is FE?

8. Jane1967

Jane1967 Disney Dreamer

How did you make the drink holders? They are very cute!!

9. gerberdaisy1234

I am going to try to stop by chick-fil-a and get a couple drink holders so I can make and take pictures. Then I can post the steps.

10. Jane1967

Jane1967 Disney Dreamer

Oh great!! Thank you! We cruise in March. Would like to make a couple for our family.

11. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

A FE is a fish extender. Next to your door is a fish (it's a way for Disney staff to put stuff like dinner reservations, etc for you. Also your kid can know "we're on the starfish side."). My sister explained it best to her boyfriend:
    "It's like when you're a little kid and you do a Valentine card exchange."

Your FE is a little pocket thingy to extend your fish and people put goodies there.

12. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Please remember that no self advertising is allowed on the Dis.

Please read the board guidelines.

MJ

13. bonjourmickey

bonjourmickey Mouseketeer

I have enjoyed following this thread over the last year as I prepared for our trip. You are all so talented and I've loved seeing all of your gifts! Now it is finally time for me share what I did for our cruise.
    I made a Christmas ornament for the adults
    [​IMG]

and a game for the kids. I included a bag of skittles with the game to get them started.
    [​IMG]

I had a few frustrating moments getting everything done while taking care of my kiddos and finishing up school, but all in all, I enjoyed making them!

14. Blanche_Neige

Blanche_Neige DIS Veteran

Can you explain what you are referring to?
    Are we not allowed to share our creation and how to make them?

To my knowledge this had been done for as long as I have been on these boards :confused3

15. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

I'm not the OP but wanted to share what I knew:

Yes, you can share what you have made and how you did, esp so others can copy you and make their own.

No you cannot advertise your business on DIS (I.e., I sell these on Etsy...or I'll be happy to sell my extra ribbon to you, or my friend sells these, go to her store at xyz place, etc.). If you wish to share that info, get the person's email/PM and do it privately.

Hope that helps!

16. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

Very cute! Like the idea of Skittles as game pieces and not just giving candy out by itself.

17. Blanche_Neige

Blanche_Neige DIS Veteran

Got it :thumbsup2

I guess I miss the post(s) where people were doing that or did not notice it.

Just glad that people are sharing their creations and how to do them. I am amazed at how creative some people are here. :goodvibes

18. KarlaG4Kids

KarlaG4Kids Love to travel, especially to Disney!

I LOVE your ornament. What is it made of if you don't mind me asking? It looks sparkly (my favorite thing)!

19. Llges

Llges Earning My Ears

Does everyone put their nAmes on their fe gifts, as in who they are from? I'm doing several different things and just didn't know what everyone did. Thanks!!

20. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I tend to have business cards printed through Vistaprint with my real name, DIS Name and email address and add them to the gifts.

Corinna

21. gerberdaisy1234

I have only done twice but some do no name, some dis name, some real name. About equal amounts of each