• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi - my name is

jbrooxd said:
Hi, my name is Jaymie and I am a new Disney Design Addict.

I got hooked after viewing Denise's pictures from her last trip. We fly out for WDW tomorrow, and I was at Hobby Lobby Tuesday buying shirts and transfer paper like a crazy woman!

I will post shirt pictures once we get back.

Question - How do you work with denim? I picked up a dark denim shirt at Kmart that I tried to transfer onto, and it bled through the design (the dark transfer ones) - thankfully I had a back-up t-shirt that I could use instead.

~ Jaymie
from Indiana

Welcome Jaymie!! Join in the fun! I can't help you with Denim, but post this on our super long thread and somebody can help you: either Deb or Kate would be my guess. If you don't have time before you go -- have a great trip and take lots of pictures so we can see!!

By the way - you are addicted! Anybody running to Hobby Lobby just before their trip is an addict in my book! Glad to have you aboard!!

Jaymie. I haven't tried denim, but had the same result with some darker grey shirts. The dark color bled through the dark transfer paper. It seems to be an issue with some of the shirt dyes. I have no idea if there is a way to seal the shirt before doing the iron on. I guess you could always do the iron on transfer on a piece of cloth creating a "patch" that you could sew on the denim. Maybe someone else will have a different idea.

Deb

My name is Vicki. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I am a Disney Design Addict. I have a DH, DD 20, and DD 17. My husband and I love Disney World.

Our first trip as a family was 2 years ago. I never thought that my husband would enjoy it because he doesn't really like crowds. I tried to do way too much in too short a time thinking that I've never get back there. However, he loved it. He is really into the design, layout, behind the scenes info, etc. We are planning our third trip for March 2006. Everything is booked. We just have to plan the days.

I have been reading this post for over a month. I am new to forums - never thought I would join something when I didn't know anyone. However, you are all such friendly and generous people and I'm already addicted to this site, so thought I would join. :sunny:

Since I'm new to forums, I have no idea whether I'm posting right, what the signature will look like, etc. so if it isn't quite right please bear with me. I'm in IT so should be able to figure it out.

UP Disney said:
My name is Vicki. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have a DH, DD 20, and DD 17. My husband and I love Disney World.

Our first trip as a family was 2 years ago. I never thought that my husband would enjoy it because he doesn't really like crowds. I tried to do way too much in too short a time thinking that I've never get back there. However, he loved it. He is really into the design, layout, behind the scenes info, etc. We are planning our third trip for March 2006. Everything is booked. We just have to plan the days.

I have been reading this post for over a month. I am new to forums - never thought I would join something when I didn't know anyone. However, you are all such friendly and generous people and I'm already addicted to this site, so thought I would join.

Since I'm new to forums, I have no idea whether I'm posting right, what the signature will look like, etc. so if it isn't quite right please bear with me. I'm in IT so

Welcome, Vicki!! :wave2:

UP Disney said:
My name is Vicki. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have a DH, DD 20, and DD 17. My husband and I love Disney World.

I have been reading this post for over a month. I am new to forums - never thought I would join something when I didn't know anyone. However, you are all such friendly and generous people and I'm already addicted to this site, so thought I would join. :sunny:

Since I'm new to forums, I have no idea whether I'm posting right, what the signature will look like, etc. so if it isn't quite right please bear with me. I'm in IT so should be able to figure it out.

Welcome aboard. We are a friendly bunch and love to welcome new people. I look forward to "talking to you".

Deb

Hi My name's Rosiejo (AKA RJ or Clare) - and I am most definitely a Disney Design Addict!

We just got back from our Fairytale wedding trip and probably won't get back to Disney until at least 2007 :sad1: but I still read the main thread every day (well several times really :rolleyes1 ).

I can't believe I know so much/share so much - with so many people that I have never actually met!

This thread is most definitely home :goodvibes

UP Disney said:

Welcome to the group!!!! I was in Grand Haven, MI during Thanksgiving. IT SNOWED!!!! Since we are from Georgia that was a big deal to my boys. My nephew is going to the University there in the UP next year.

Lynn

lmartin2711 said:
Welcome to the group!!!! I was in Grand Haven, MI during Thanksgiving. IT SNOWED!!!! Since we are from Georgia that was a big deal to my boys. My nephew is going to the University there in the UP next year.

Lynn
Grand Haven is one of my favorite places in lower Michigan. We spent 6 years in Holland just south of there. My girls were born in Holland. We loved going up to Grand Haven to walk the shoreline. It is one of the only areas in lower Michigan that was still unspoiled by industry. It has been about 15 years since I've been back.

Our first major snow in the Upper Peninsula (UP) was November 16 - my birthday. I woke up to no heat, no electricity, no water, and no phones. We were without for about 22 hours. We had gotten about 10 inches of very heavy, wet snow and it was hanging on the electrical lines and trees. The weight was too much for both. I can't imagine not having the snow but I always look forward to our trip to Disney to get out of it for a magical week.

What University is your nephew going to up here? There are three - Lake Superior, Northern and Michigan Tech. All of them are good schools. I've had family graduate from all three - I've attended two. My DD is currently at Northern (NMU).

Hi I am ITDJBW aka Julia, I discoved this thread and am addicted to reading it, havent designed anything yet as I don't think I could do as well as everyone else, I have basically done NOTHING besides work since I found this thread!!

I moved to USA in 1994, my first trip to WDW was on a trip here in 1992, I have been married to DH for 13 years, have 2 great kids DD11 and DS8, we have been to WDW too many times to count as all overseas visitors get a trip there. We are now addicted to the DCL and booked on our 4th Magical cruise in May.

I have bought everything and plan on making the tie dye shirts, have bought 100 transfer sheets and waiting there arrival so plan on making lots of shirts, unfortunately work interferes with my Dis time!!

itdjbw said:
Hi I am ITDJBW aka Julia, I discoved this thread and am addicted to reading it, havent designed anything yet as I don't think I could do as well as everyone else, I have basically done NOTHING besides work since I found this thread!!

I moved to USA in 1994, my first trip to WDW was on a trip here in 1992, I have been married to DH for 13 years, have 2 great kids DD11 and DS8, we have been to WDW too many times to count as all overseas visitors get a trip there. We are now addicted to the DCL and booked on our 4th Magical cruise in May.

I have bought everything and plan on making the tie dye shirts, have bought 100 transfer sheets and waiting there arrival so plan on making lots of shirts, unfortunately work interferes with my Dis time!!

Hi Julia!! :wave2:

Bump! I need to get my list of DDA's accurate. Having trouble keeping track of who everyone is. :confused3

Hi! I'm dis4harley (aka Alisha) and I have been more of a lurker, but my family would say I am DDA. I have a dd almost 8 and a DS 4.

I have requested alot of designs though. I am planning a surprise trip for March with my sister and her DSD 15 and 12. I am planning on 9 or 10 shirts each, so that is 50-60 shirts total. I have everything ready to do them I just have to get started and not let my kids see them. I am doing iron ons for some and I came up with my own designs for some of them. I will be PAINTING on 3-4 each. Can anyone crazy???? Any way I can't wait till our trip and to see what kind of responses we get about our shirts.

dis4harley said:
Hi! I'm dis4harley (aka Alisha) and I have been more of a lurker, but my family would say I am DDA. I have a dd almost 8 and a DS 4.

I have requested alot of designs though. I am planning a surprise trip for March with my sister and her DSD 15 and 12. I am planning on 9 or 10 shirts each, so that is 50-60 shirts total. I have everything ready to do them I just have to get started and not let my kids see them. I am doing iron ons for some and I came up with my own designs for some of them. I will be PAINTING on 3-4 each. Can anyone crazy???? Any way I can't wait till our trip and to see what kind of responses we get about our shirts.

Welcome, Alisha! :wave2:

Bump. I'm trying to update my spreadsheet. You are all so hard to keep track of! ;)

I have said hello on others threads, but I guess this is the official “admitting your and addict” thread. So here goes..

My name is KC10family (aka Paula) I didn’t know I was a Disney Freak until about a year ago. I didn’t know I was a design addict until just a month ago. I have yet to design my first transfer, but I have made may machine embroidered shirts, towels, pillowcases, baby blankets and burp cloths.

I can’t wait to get a program to design transfers, I have a few ideas and hope they turn out half as good as the designers here.

HI! I'm Jenny and I'm quickly becoming a Disney Design Addict. I am SAHM to Mickey age 8 and Brad age 6. Mickey is being granted a wish trip in April and that is what has brought me here. I am making all sorts of shirts for the kids and a few for DH and me, too. Thanks to everyone who has customized designs for me. I really appreciate them and can't wait to finish making the rest that are being sent to me soon.

Guess I should pop over here and introduce myself.

My name is Alissa and I am from the NYC area. I live with DH, DS (4), and DD who will turn 1 in April.

I have been a Disney addict for most of my life, having grown up on the West Coast of Florida.

Over the past few years, I have been really into art and crafting and run a small embroidering and personalization business.

For my Disney trips, I have always made T-Shirts for us to wear for part of the trip, only I usually only had time to make 1 for each person in our group since I was embroidering each one. Now with all of your great designs here, we will have several shirts for our next trip (in April for DD's birthday).

Special thanks to those of you who have already helped me with some designs, especially ladylucca for the special design for DD. I hope to share some of my own designs in the near future.

MinnieMouseMom said:
Hi Julia!! :wave2:

Hi, I am glad this thread was bumped up, just had a look at your designs and do you mind if I use your white sox mickey one for DS, he is a white sox this season so thought I could do a shirt for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter