Hi - my name is

Hi, my name is my3princes aka Deb. I am a Disney Design Addict. I jumped on this thread on page 3 with photos of shirts that I had made for previous trips. I thought they looked great until people started creating amazing designs. I think I need new software :rotfl:. I have been able to throw out some Ideas and catchy wording for a few designs, but for the most part I let the chosen ones do the designing. I consider myself to be a crafty person and love to create things. One of my passions is creating Halloween Costumes and you will see some scattered around the boards. I love to sew and I am armed with my trusty glue gun. My disney obsession started 13 1/2 years ago when I visited WDW for the 1st time on my honeymoon (FW). I have returned 7 times now. I have 3 sons, ages 10, 8 and almost 3. My dh is also Disney obsessed, but has never posted on the DIS. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I work a few evenings each week at a local restaraunt as a hostess and/or bartender. I live in Vermont and our family owns a Maple Sugar House so we are very busy for 6 weeks or so each spring. I think that covers most of it.

Deb

I'm Becky. I've made Mickey, Stitch, and Horse tie dyes and have requests for shirts for christmas (Tigger, cow, etc.) but I haven't made an iron on t-shirt for quite a while. I made tons while I was in college but not the same type. I have to hunker down and design some sort of t-shirt design sometime.

I miss Orlando and Disney World big time. I actually went to college at the University of Central Florida which is located in Orlando and worked at the All Star Resort for a period of time. Currently I am living in Pennsylvania.

We should have a DDA meet at Hershey Park as I am also about 45 minutes from there.

Becky

Hi, I'm sherry. :flower: I have been a lurking DDA since the beginning. I am in the process of planning our next trip in Feb.I have sooooooooo many designs saved it will take me days to narrow down my choices :rotfl2: BTW I love all the craziness in this thread :rotfl:

I'm Christi and I mostly lurk with an occassional post. I have 4 DS's (just turned 7, 5, 4 and 14 months) My DH has 2 more DS's (14, 12) from 1st marriage. I love Disney, my DH is a sci-fi lover(Star Trek, Star Wars). I'm trying to convert him. :teeth: We have taken the kids to WDW once and DL this summer. We plan on going back to DL for Christmas and next summer again before the 50th Fireworks are gone. We are going back to WDW Dec. 2007 for our tenth anniversary. This will be my first on-site trip. Growing up we stayed off-site and I always loved looking around at the hotels. I am already planning our shirts for a trip 2 years away. Does this make me an addict?

Hi my name is Angela, happily I am a DDA addict. I don't post much but have been here since the first page. Feel like you all are some of the best friends I have.

"Can you feel the love tonight"

Hi my name is mamaprincess and I am most certainly a DDA with no hope of recovery. I designed about 30 shirts for our last trip. My DH was speechless. Next trip I'm going to have to be sneaky. But when I pull them out of the suitcase, he'll know what happened. ;)

Hi, I'm Momof2Oh aka Gina and I am most certainly a proud DDA! I have designed many shirts and also loved looking at and using others as well. I have 2 kids: DD-16 (Ryan) and DS14 (Dusty). I haven't been posting as much as I would like to lately, but I'm trying to keep up. Been busy with medical problems with the kids and doing my crafts for the craft shows I do on weekends. Soon I should be back on more often - I miss everyone!! For those of you just lurking or getting ready to join us DDA's - this place really is like Family!!!!

momof2OH said:
Hi, I'm Momof2Oh aka Gina and I am most certainly a proud DDA! I have designed many shirts and also loved looking at and using others as well. I have 2 kids: DD-16 (Ryan) and DS14 (Dusty). I haven't been posting as much as I would like to lately, but I'm trying to keep up. Been busy with medical problems with the kids and doing my crafts for the craft shows I do on weekends. Soon I should be back on more often - I miss everyone!! For those of you just lurking or getting ready to join us DDA's - this place really is like Family!!!!

Gina - I have been worried about you!!!! glad to see you!!!!

momof2OH said:

Hi Gina!!!

Welcome Back :sunny: Hope everything is ok. You have so much to catch up on.

You got Tagged :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm Steffy and I'm a DDA. :goodvibes I'm also tinker1bell's "twin" :teeth:

I love Disney. All things Disney. I don't have a creative bone in my body and actually messed up the first iron-on transfer I did, but hey, I used the wonderful designs the great people in this thread created on 9 shirts for our birthday and reunion celebr8tion! :Pinkbounc

I have a Disney loving daughter, a Disney loving son-in-law in training(we were all there for 11 days over Christmas last year) and he can't wait to go back. My beloved granddaughter loves Disney, but wants to go to the beach next. My grandson will be 2 next week. He was 13 months last year at Disney. He loved it. He had so much fun in Playhouse Disney, that I didn't tape the show, I taped his reaction to the show. :love:

My son and his wife were "tramatized" (their word) by our December trip to Disney. They said I can't take their son to Disney until he can spell it. He'll be born in February. If I have my way, he'll be talking in 6 months and spelling by 9.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think I'll plan a trip to DisneyLand next year, so my DGD can also get to the California beach.... princess:

My name is Monica and I'm also a DDA addict, I found this board several weeks ago and just recently started posting. I'm in the midst of planning our first trip to WDW from December 18-28. I'm taking my dh, my four kids....my sister, her dh and her three kids...and my mom. I'm so excited that I can't even sleep at night. It's been tons of fun planning, and I've been doing so since last March.

I love seeing all the designs you guys have come up with for the shirts, I'll be making them this week-end. I'm making them for all the kids, seven in total. It's going to be the trip of a lifetime! The kids are all excited to fly on a plane...it'll be quite a trip clear from out here in Utah!!

I'm excited to get to know all of you guys!
Monica

Monica, thanks for sharing your excitement! This time last year I was planning for our first trip :sad:

I didn't make shirts :guilty: but anything else you can do to prepare I did! :rotfl2:

Hi, I'm Tinkaroo (aka, Lindsay), and I'm a DDA! I've been more of a reader/lurker of this board from the beginning, but maybe as someone else said, once <insert task/event here> is over, I'll be able to dabble in the designing of things. I have not been scared of putting in some requests, though! Queen Kate has been more than kind to this loyal subject! :goodvibes

I'm 28, and have loved all things Disney since I was 3. Fortunately, my family feels the same way, and I was lucky enough to nab a DH that enjoys the World, too! 2005 has been the "Year of the Mouse" for us - we celebrated DH's 30th b-day at WDW in April (his choice), and looky there, it just made such sense for us to purchase AP's! I have stopped telling my coworkers where I'm going on vacation this year, as I believe they think I've lost it!!!

No kids, one little dog (a 5 lb. Maltese named Ally, who looks really cute in Mickey ears!). I'm a legal recruiter by trade, but a Disney addict by night. I feel like I know so many of you already, and am looking forward to more fun on this board!!

MBowers said:
My name is Monica and I'm also a DDA addict, I found this board several weeks ago and just recently started posting. I'm in the midst of planning our first trip to WDW from December 18-28. I'm taking my dh, my four kids....my sister, her dh and her three kids...and my mom. I'm so excited that I can't even sleep at night. It's been tons of fun planning, and I've been doing so since last March.

I love seeing all the designs you guys have come up with for the shirts, I'll be making them this week-end. I'm making them for all the kids, seven in total. It's going to be the trip of a lifetime! The kids are all excited to fly on a plane...it'll be quite a trip clear from out here in Utah!!

I'm excited to get to know all of you guys!
Monica

Oh Monica,

Your posts looks a lot like mine did around this time last year. My DD, Dsil, DGD, DGS, DS, Ddil and my freind's family. 12 of us. Trip of a lifetime. Have a grand time. There is NOTHING like Disney at Christmas. And I mean nothing... Enjoy. :love:

Steffy...I love traveling with my siblings and their families. Our original plan was to have my brother, his wife and their two kids come with us but alas, he didn't save his money like he should have so when it came time to make the final payment, he couldn't make it. My sister and I are so sad....we call ourselves the three amigos....now it will just be my sis and I. We've done Disneyland three times with all of us and it's always been soooo much fun. We'll have a great time without my brother but we'll miss him.

Monica

Wow, I found this thread at the bottom of page 2. I think we have some DDAers who are still in denial about their addiction ;)

My name is Dawn, I'm 33, married almost 11 years and mom to an almost 5 year old boy. DS and I LOVE WDW, DH can take it or leave it. Our last trip was in September 2005 and we don't have another one in the works until December, 2007. We're hoping to expand our family in between :goodvibes .

I'm not creative enough to design anything either but I have lots of other people's designs tucked away for our next trip. My mom and DS wore Kate's designs on our last trip and got lots of comments on them.

hi. my name is karen. mostly a lurker and design seeker. i am addicted to this thread. i look here before doing school work. i am in my last year at college and will graduate next december. i will be going to disney as a present to myself next december also. i have been disney obsesed(SP) for about 3 yrs now. i am also the proud parent of a 10 yr old black lab named shocker :dog2: .

Hi my name is Janet aka tinknme. I am a DDA, but mostly lurk & read the posts. I have designed a few shirts but have not done any lately. I am a mother of 2 wonderful boys(well most of the time lol) age 11(soon to be 12) & 9. I have been married for 16+ years. My hobbies besides reading the design thread are candle & soapmaking. I do not post often, but I feel I know you all. :goodvibes

Hi, my name is Jaymie and I am a new Disney Design Addict.

I got hooked after viewing Denise's pictures from her last trip. We fly out for WDW tomorrow, and I was at Hobby Lobby Tuesday buying shirts and transfer paper like a crazy woman!

I will post shirt pictures once we get back.

Question - How do you work with denim? I picked up a dark denim shirt at Kmart that I tried to transfer onto, and it bled through the design (the dark transfer ones) - thankfully I had a back-up t-shirt that I could use instead.

~ Jaymie
from Indiana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter