Here now, MDE is terrible

Sorry it is not working consistently, each night at the hotel I took a screen grab of our plans for the next day and then set that as my lock screen so I didn't have to rely on wifi or my data to access (saved battery and stress). I did find that accessing through a browser allowed for a better, more complete, screen grab than the app. Glad you are having a great time otherwise!

I didn't know I could screen shot on my Samsung Tab! Only have had it 6 months, duh. Got my MDE and pic of my tkt in clipboard now.

(You learn something new every day!)

Thanks so much.

I will say that Photopass has vastly improved since the last time I used it! I haven't used it since spring 2014 and the enhancements since that time are well thought out and executed. Photos now appear almost instantly in the MDE app and can be shared via social media, mail, or text. With 18 family members here this has been an excellent purchase.

No you're not - just experienced! I like a paper list too.....just in case. Great minds and all that........:cool1:

If all these people print a paper FP schedule, why not just go back to paper FPs. While I miss WDW terribly, I'm really enjoying the paper FP at DL in Anaheim. No wondering when you have to get to certain rides each day. No uber-planning two months out. And no staring at my stupid phone all day long. I know there's a lot of people who love MDE, but it's just too big of a pill for me to swallow.

We print out all FP+ and keep on physical paper - in the event our magic bands don't work we have proof. Same for food reservations as well.

We also stay off the Disney wifi and use our ATT internet.
How do you print them out, do you just make a copy of you page showing all fastpasses?

Thanks for posting this - I'm going to copy all of my FPs and ADRs onto both a piece of paper and my phone's note application as a backup.

I have all my FP in an excel spreadsheet that i saved to my phone, and will screenshot any new ones we grab while there, limit the app use if possible.

I don't think it was just because last week was crowded. We were there in October when the crowds weren't that bad and we had MDE issues too. It was sporadic- sometimes it worked fine- other times it was glitchy or did not work at all in the parks. It was fine outside of the parks- such as in the resort areas. I will say though that this was our 3rd trip since MDE was in use and while it still was inconsistent- it was far better this trip than during our last two trips when it was down or glitching more than it worked. The glitches and failures still happened, but at a much lower rate than our previous trips in which MDE was pretty much useless other than to totally mess up your FP+ if you attempted to change them (that's a whole other story). So while it still has issues, it is improved. I did love the fact that photopass photos show up in MDE very quickly- usually the same day. We were able to determine the day of that we had lost photos- we had 2 sets from the same photographer as DD had the wonderful magical moment of playing with the stepsisters, then riding the carousel with the stepmother, and then going over to get in line for pictures with them- we had the meet and greet photos, but the ones of her playing with them and riding the carousel were lost. We went to the photopass counter before leaving MK and they were able to locate most of them and load them onto our account. We lost a few which they thought was probably because his camera was not fully online and working for the first photos he took, but we got some pretty special ones back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter