Here now, MDE is terrible

Any tech thing is likely to have issues at one point or another. When we were in the parks in April, there was one whole day when I just couldn't get MDE to load at all, no matter what I did. When I talked to someone else about it in a line ride, I found it that it wasn't just me. Unfortunately, it happens.
And it happens more often with Disney tech than with most any other

Oomiak, rumor is Skipper Canteen is in soft opening, starting today, for CM's.
Have you gone passed it?
Anything you can report?

I haven't been by there yet, but I will definitely investigate this rumor! I'm headed to the resort for a bit, when I return to MK later this evening, this will be my first order of business!

Liberty Tree was not supposed to open until Thursday and it was open today.

I thought most any phone that could run the ap would also have a browser. Sorry. My phone has a browser. That is what I use.

Yup.

Last edited:
That stinks. I always print all FP+ out, it'd be too much of a hassle otherwise on a regular cell phone

I thought most any phone that could run the ap would also have a browser. Sorry. My phone has a browser. That is what I use.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking about the mobile browser. It has been a long day and I just expect a company like Disney to do better...if they have an app, it should work. I shouldn't need a mobile browser or other hacks to access the system they want everyone to use. I have visited guest services 3 times in 2 days about my magic band charging privileges. The Disney tech is not shining today...

Sorry, I wasn't thinking about the mobile browser. It has been a long day and I just expect a company like Disney to do better...if they have an app, it should work. I shouldn't need a mobile browser or other hacks to access the system they want everyone to use. I have visited guest services 3 times in 2 days about my magic band charging privileges. The Disney tech is not shining today...
I take it you don't have much experience using Disney tech

Sadly it is very unstable, on a good day. It should be better but it isn't.

Always assume it will mess up and you'll need an alternate method for whatever you want to do

The Jungle Skipper Canteen is not open. It's still boarded up, I highly doubt there will be a soft opening this week.

Thank you for checking about Skipper Canteen and hope you enjoy your vacay despite Disney technology -which is different from regular technology

After dealing with Disney Tech for the months leading up to our trip, I figured the park WiFi and the app would be shaky at best so I screenshot everything before leaving home and then each night at the hotel if we made changes. That way I wasn't running my battery down trying to pull it up all the time, too.

I also texted the photos to others in my group so everyone had it saved on their phone (we were traveling with extended family).

Worked well and I didn't have to keep up with paper.

I had a little pad In My purse with My fast pass Hours and My return Times.

I wish i had a fast pass November 15 at magic Kingdom to Go to the restroom lol!

I think it's the crowds bogging Hints down. I'm at Starbucks now and there's about a 20 minute wait for coffee!! I need a Starbucks fastpass!
Omg, yesterday at Epcot we waited 25 minutes at Starbucks!! We actually told the CM that they needed for too.

I'm old and like a paper list.....I do that for FP+ and ADRS.

Thankfully, I'm old and like a paper list, too, because you can be browsing on your phone killing time waiting for Animal Kingdom to open, when your phone shuts off, to never power up again. Glad it was the last day of the trip! Now, if I'd only had ICloud turned on so I wouldn't have lost all my pictures.......

Thankfully, I'm old and like a paper list, too, because you can be browsing on your phone killing time waiting for Animal Kingdom to open, when your phone shuts off, to never power up again. Glad it was the last day of the trip! Now, if I'd only had ICloud turned on so I wouldn't have lost all my pictures.......

Did you take the phone to a repair shop and at least have the memory data copied?

Or, check THIS.

We've had that happen before with MDE. I print out daily my daily itinerary into a pdf file and save it on a cloud drive and I can see it whenever I want without paper and without using MDE.

Did you take the phone to a repair shop and at least have the memory data copied?

Or, check THIS.

Stopped at an Apple store on the drive home and let the geniuses work on it, but they weren't able to recover anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter