• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

We then got called (not by lil old guy :( ) and taken to a really good table :D it was for four people and we had our own TV, yay! Our server was called Alicia. I can’t even remember what she looked like :/ so she can’t have been that great haha! In my notes it says ‘nice, but not into funs’ so I guess that covers it! She was nice though. Just not up for all the shenanigans that our beloved Uncle Dale was <3 we couldn’t see him anywhere so figured he wasn’t working today. We weren’t too worried though, we had been lucky enough to have his expertise once!

We were there last month and we also had Alicia! We did have a great old guy, Phil, that called our name and took us to our seats. We adored him. Alicia just didn't bring the sass like we had hoped. :(

Benj got a sprite and strawberry milkshake and I OBVIOUSLY got the PB and J milkshake and a diet coke. We were famished so we got a starter each this time; onion rings and the fried garlic herb cheese, because those four words in one dish was just something we couldn’t resist.

We had the same apps too - I need to get my hands on one of those PBJ milkshakes!

The onion rings were looooovely, hot fresh and crunchy :D I love the sauce that comes with them too! The cheese was…meh, nice but nuttin’ to write home about. Obviously we forced every last bit down though, but we wouldn’t get it again. Also, fruit? NO THANKS.

Yeah, I didn't get the fruit. Give me more fried cheese, please! We thought it was just okay as well unfortunately, but I could totally eat those onion rings with horseradish sauce.. yum!

For main courses, I of course chose Mom’s Sampler, AKA the Greedy Boy Special. It was tres deliciousa (<--- not entirely sure what language that is?) especially the mash which I loooooved but it was sooooo much meat, I’m not used to that much meat!

I had this too! Split with my mom, but it was definitely a lot of food.. SOOO good!! Loved those mashed potatoes and the chicken most.

The Verdict

Unfortunately nowhere near as amazing as our first trip so I think it’s a blue dress! That milkshake is still incredible though, I’ll definitely be picking one of them up on our next trip from the Tune In lLounge!

I had no idea you could do that.. thanks for the inspiration! ;)

I chose the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do – Homemade gnocchi with seared scallops & crispy pork belly sauteed in a tomato, broad bean & braised kale white wine butter sauce. How amazing does that sound!?! ? It tasted incredible. I’d actually go so far as to say it was my favourite dish of the whole 3 weeks. ! Honestly, no plate sticks out in my mind like this one. The combination of flavours was genuinely life changing. I was in heaven and made sure I got every single last scrap off the plate!

Uh, I wish this was there when we were just there!!! We also did 50's and Raglan Road on the same day. I had the schnitzel and was totally unimprsesed. Your meal looks and sounds amazing!

Still loving your reviews! Glad you are as photo/menu crazy as I am. I want to know what I am getting lol...its a true need right? Although your dish at Raglan Road looks just that delicious!

So pleased you're enjoying the reviews :) :) Yes looking at menus is an essential part of my dining out experiences haha! Oh that dish was incredible, I still dream about it now!!!! xxxxxx

Great reviews. We have reservations for Raglan Road and 50's next trip. We are actually having mother's day dinner at 50's. Can't wait, have never been to either restaurant before. Actually ever restaurant we have booked is new to us this trip.

Thank you! Oh I think you'll love them both, we do! 50's PT is so cute, that will be lovely for Mothers Day :) Hope you enjoy! xxx

I love reading your reviews SO much! You make me feel like I was on this trip with you! Can't wait to read more, and also, CONGRATULATIONS! You & Ben are the sweetest. Keep up the great work!

Aww thank you, what a lovely thing to say :) :) Thank you for the congratulations! More reviews coming uP! xxxx

Omg the Gnocci Sea Gnocci Do dish lives in infamy as the best thing I ever ate! Sadly it looks like that dish is no longer on the menu. Now I only have the memories. So hyped you got it try it as well.

I am dying with the Turboman reference! That is weirdly an oft quoted movie in our home. Classic.

Oh my goodness gracious me it was SO GOOD!! so gutted it isn't on the menu anymore!! What are they thinking getting rid of it??? It was only there for like 5 minutes! PEOPLE NEED THE GNOCCI SEA GNOCCI DO!! Hahahaha i'm so glad you got and enjoyed the Turboman reference :D We have to watch that at least once every Christmas! Hope you're enjoying the reviews thanks for reading :) xxxx

Yay, so glad you posted more reviews! They are so fun to read.

Aw thank you so much! Glad you're enjoying!

This is one of the most fun DR's I have EVER read! It's the perfect combination of dining report with a little dash of TR put in - and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement and your DFTW!!! :bride::cheer2: I have taken a long break from the Dis due to some personal stuff going on but I am so glad I came back! Keep on writing!!

Oh wow, best comment ever!! Thank you so much! I'm so pleased you're enjoying them :) :) I try my best! Hope you're okay and glad you're back :) xxxxx

We were there last month and we also had Alicia! We did have a great old guy, Phil, that called our name and took us to our seats. We adored him. Alicia just didn't bring the sass like we had hoped. :(

We had the same apps too - I need to get my hands on one of those PBJ milkshakes!

Yeah, I didn't get the fruit. Give me more fried cheese, please! We thought it was just okay as well unfortunately, but I could totally eat those onion rings with horseradish sauce.. yum!

I had this too! Split with my mom, but it was definitely a lot of food.. SOOO good!! Loved those mashed potatoes and the chicken most.

I had no idea you could do that.. thanks for the inspiration! ;)

Uh, I wish this was there when we were just there!!! We also did 50's and Raglan Road on the same day. I had the schnitzel and was totally unimprsesed. Your meal looks and sounds amazing!

Thank you so much for your lovely and thoughtful comments! We had Phil call us to our seats too! And agreed, Alicia didn't have it :( I wish we had the guy we had last trip again! Uncle Dale, a legend! Raglan Road was one of our faves, sorry you didn't enjoy your meal :( Thank you for reading along! xxxx

I just booked Raglan a few days ago for our upcoming August trip. We've been there a few times and originally booked someplace else for this summer, but after thinking about it a great deal, we decided to cancel that and book Raglan again. I mean, why mess with what we know is a good thing, right?

Congrats on your engagement!

Following along as I'm a veggie (vegan at home but I will allow egg and dairy mixed in things when I'm away) and love when there are vegetarian food reports.

I also think the UK seems to be more accommodating of vegetarians than the US (at least in the South where I am). But I've only visited. What did Ben think about US vs. UK veggie options?

I don't know if you'll even see this since your post is a few months old, but I'm happy to have found another vegan at home, occasional vegetarian-on-vacation person. LOL :D

I am just loving your reviews and the Ariel theme! We are going to stay at multiple places when we go on our 2016 trip. When my husband saw my face light up upon seeing a video tour of the the little mermaid rooms at the Art of Animation resort, he insisted that we absolutely had to stay there for at least a night! Never mind the fact that we have two little girls who are fans of Ariel, nope, mama's fascination won him over on that one! LOL

I actually love seeing a couple where the woman is the omni and the man is the veggie. People just expect it to be the opposite - how stereotypical is that?! My husband and I are both veggie and (especially living in Texas) he always gets hated on. So it's good to see that you have a handsome veg-head of your own! :D

I, too, cried during your proposal story! Very sweet and well-executed. I hope that you get the DFTW of your dreams! You're a very entertaining and enthusiastic writer - thanks for the reviews! I hadn't even given Pecos Bills a second thought, but it's definitely on my list of possible CR restaurants now.

Boma

We got a taxi to AKL this morning for our Boma ADR. We were both super sleepy and all the excitement was catching up with us I think! It was only $23 which is like nothing when you’re chucking money about willy nilly on holiday anyway, so we’d def do this again! We walked into the beautiful AKL lodge and through to Boma. We only had to wait a few minutes and we were led to our table :) Super quick! We were really looking forward to breakfast here as they offer quite a few options that you can’t get at other TS brekkies. We had an adorable server called Albert (best name ever) who was really chatty and talked us through all the food as we said Ben was a veggie, so that was really helpful. Gotta be careful for those sneaky hidden meaty nuggets!

We both ordered jungle juice because it’s the best (non-alcoholic) drink in the world!

629cfc35-7b7c-41dc-9a65-65cce2c1959f_zpsf90d70d2.jpg

Albert then left us to it and we hit the buffet. Hard. My first plate was a heady combination of goats cheese scrambled eggs, bacon, wedges, asparagus, corned beef hash, mealy pap and some African meaty eggy things at the back there (I can’t remember what it was hah) It was all lush, especially the scrambled eggs mmmm super goats cheesy and creamy!

PICSNEW021_zps164fd55d.jpg

As a veggie, Ben had lots of choices here. His plate included mealy pap, eggs, toast, spicy salsa, wedges and tomatoes. He loved it all! And went back for a 2nd savoury plate.

PICSNEW022_zps437e8ad7.jpg

PICSNEW025_zps1af60e71.jpg

I was onto sweets by this point too and I got myself this little plate of goodies :D Oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, and a LIFE CHANGING caramel pecan whirl with caramel sauce. This was so amazing. It was as sweet as it looks though and I was all fooded out by the end of it.

PICSNEW024_zps2440484b.jpg

However, Albert then surprised us with this little platter! How absolutely adorable :)

PICSNEW026_zps56dfc065.jpg

We had our badges on and he wanted to congratulate us :) So sweet. We crammed the chocs in our mouths and managed to get them down, we were both disgustingly full but didn’t want to seem rude! We only paid for tip here because we used our DDP credits, Albert got a good tip cause he was lovely :)

PICSNEW027_zpsef7b6d83.jpg

PICSNEW028_zps1c07c54c.jpg

The Verdict

It was a lovely breakfast but it hasn't stuck in my mind to be honest. Albert was incredible though, so I think I'm gonna go for a

Screenshot2012-01-25at152249.png

Bonus Snack – Jalapeño Cream Cheese Pretzel

After breakfast we got the bus to AK (which took like 1.5 hours I'm not even joking, there was real issues that morning with busses from AKL and even though we couldn't really have been closer to AK and so thought it was a pretty safe bet....nope. We missed rope drop and got in at 9.30. I was not impressed!)

Mid-morning, we decided to wander over to Africa (not often you can say that) to get FP’s for the safari. After getting them, we were pretty thrilled to realise we were a bit peckish! This is like the best possible place to get a snack in WDW – you can get a jalapeno cheddar pretzel! We’d been waiting 2 long years to get one of these badboys down us and the anticipation was mega. The only thing was, they’d literally just been cooked and must have been one of the first batches of the day because they were slightly underdone :( We still ate them though, but they could have done with a few mins longer, ya know what I mean?

PICSNEW051_zps1b1bea5b.jpg

Extremely happy boy!

PICSNEW052_zpsae6f395f.jpg

We sat eating them in the courtyard, watching all the dancers :) The atmosphere was amazing, they really do put on a good show here!

PICSNEW053_zpsa6dbacf6.jpg

The Verdict

Obviously a wedding dress!! This is our favourite snack in WDW, even undercooked!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

Flame Tree BBQ

We had a lovely rest of the morning in AK. We went to Rafiki's Planet Watch (a personal favourite of mine) and headed into the inside bit where you can meet Rafiki (number 1 reason to go inside that bit.) We were lucky and Raff’s was hangin out so we got a photo with him.

PICSNEW057_zps3d5126f2.jpg

Is it me, or is he totally not looking at the camera in either of these pics!? Make the effort Rafiki!

PICSNEW058_zpsb3051d8f.jpg

We then went to look at some of the animals/specimens. I was getting really grossed out by the bugs in the glass containers and kept getting full body goosebumps (FBG’S) so had to stop. We then went out to the affection section bit. I feel like there was some initial trepidation following the Seaworld/animals in captivity freak-out of earlier that week but neither of us can really remember :rolleyes: I feel like every time we saw an animal we had to have a conversation about it! But maybe we didn’t. This was just like a farm anyway and it was pretty cute watching the kids stroking the goats and stuff.

We got chatting to a really really lovely CM here and we were asking him a million Q’s about the wellbeing of the animals and where they go in the evenings etc. He was so nice! He was genuinely obsessed with animals lol and he obviously loved his job, which was cute to see :)

I patted some animals :D So sweet and good-natured.

PICSNEW059_zpsea99069d.jpg

After a while we felt we’d extracted all the fun from the affection section so we said bye to our CM friend, washed our hands and got the train back to the mainland. We got on our safari and embarrassingly I fell asleep! Pretty impressive that I could fall asleep on a moving vehicle surrounded by people with a booming tourguide in my ear :D But, I did. Hence the no photos. Ben found this hilarious and couldn’t stop laughing when we got off. It was about 2.15 by this point and I was feeling super duper knackered (hence the unplanned nap), so we decided it would be a good time to stop for lunch. I had been waiting to eat at FlameTree BBQ for like 10 years so that was our destination. En route, Benj detoured to a margarita stand :p For some reason, I didn’t get one!?!? WEIRD. No explanation for that. He got a mango margarita and thoroughly enjoyed it.

At Flametree, I got the BBQ ribs, coleslaw and BBQ beans. It was amazing! I hardly ever eat ribs so this was quite a treat; they were really meaty and not very fatty :) The coleslaw was meh and I gave most of it to Ben, but the beans were amazing :D Not veggie though, they had chunks of pulled pork in!

PICSNEW065_zpsa1d2f52c.jpg

The only thing my darling boy could have was fries :( I think he was gonna go to Pizzafari but it’s quite a trek away so he cba in the end. He was cool though, bless him.

Both meals…mainly mine!

PICSNEW067_zps9c56e655.jpg

We sat outside and it was really lovely, nicest CS location I think! Lots of birds around which was cute and it was just nice and peaceful.

PICSNEW068_zps08b3fdaf.jpg

I was stuffed after lunch, not sure about Benj though ha bless him!

The Verdict

Awesome, I loved Flame Tree BBQ! Would definitely go there again, but I'd make sure Ben grabbed some lunch from somewhere else!!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

We both ordered jungle juice because it’s the best (non-alcoholic) drink in the world!

Ohhhhh yes!! Cannot wait for this. We are going to Boma in November.. I <3 Tusker House at Animal Kingdom but I am ready to try Boma.

Albert then left us to it and we hit the buffet. Hard. My first plate was a heady combination of goats cheese scrambled eggs, bacon, wedges, asparagus, corned beef hash, mealy pap and some African meaty eggy things at the back there (I can’t remember what it was hah) It was all lush, especially the scrambled eggs mmmm super goats cheesy and creamy!

Uhhhh YUM! Goat cheese scrambled eggs... that sounds amazing!!

Oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, and a LIFE CHANGING caramel pecan whirl with caramel sauce.

Must try this caramel pecan thing! Looks so good.

This is like the best possible place to get a snack in WDW – you can get a jalapeno cheddar pretzel!

I have never had one of these - adding this to the list of must try's. Looks like the perfect item to tide you over between meals.

I cannot believe you fell asleep on the Safari!! Hahahaha. You must have been wiped. AK always tires me out because of the heat.

At Flametree, I got the BBQ ribs, coleslaw and BBQ beans. It was amazing! I hardly ever eat ribs so this was quite a treat; they were really meaty and not very fatty :) The coleslaw was meh and I gave most of it to Ben, but the beans were amazing :D Not veggie though, they had chunks of pulled pork in!

Looks delicious! I hope it was worth waiting 10 years haha ;) What a good sport of Ben to settle for fries and some coleslaw. That's love. ;)

I can't get over your breakfast server! What an unpleasant experience - boo!

We really liked Raglan as well - since I'm sure it will be on the repeat list I'll be sure to try the blueberry martini! I was so bummed the gnocchi was not on the menu when we were there, I had read about it and gnocchi is my favorite thing - maybe next time!

Just stumbling upon this now. I loved your previous review. So happy to "see" you again here. Grabbing my tea and settling in.

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! :cool1:

Your reviews of Olive Garden and Red Lobster are cracking me up. I love both places, but they're looked down upon here in the U.S. as unsophisticated. But they're so good!!! I so appreciate your lack of pretension in these reviews. You and your fiance sound like great people. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Loving your reviews. Congratulations on your engagement and wedding! Our daughter got married in Disney World this past Dec. and although small (20 of us) it was truly magical!

My wife and I are just loving your dining report! We've taken to calling our upcoming (1st!) Disney trip "hollibobs" after y'all because it feels so festive! Congrats on the engagement! We got married last summer, and the best advice I can give you is to remember that however hectic the planning gets, it will be great and you will be married afterward no matter what :)

Ohhhhh yes!! Cannot wait for this. We are going to Boma in November.. I <3 Tusker House at Animal Kingdom but I am ready to try Boma.

Uhhhh YUM! Goat cheese scrambled eggs... that sounds amazing!!

Must try this caramel pecan thing! Looks so good.

I have never had one of these - adding this to the list of must try's. Looks like the perfect item to tide you over between meals.

I cannot believe you fell asleep on the Safari!! Hahahaha. You must have been wiped. AK always tires me out because of the heat.

Looks delicious! I hope it was worth waiting 10 years haha ;) What a good sport of Ben to settle for fries and some coleslaw. That's love. ;)

HAha I know, it's so embarrassing that I fell asleep! Who does that!? Yeah it was very good of him :) He's a good egg! I wouldn't have been happy with that for lunch haah! We'll make up for it next time we're at AK :) Def try the caramel pecan thing, it was absolutely AMAZING!! I could totally eat that now!! Mmm xxx

I can't get over your breakfast server! What an unpleasant experience - boo!

We really liked Raglan as well - since I'm sure it will be on the repeat list I'll be sure to try the blueberry martini! I was so bummed the gnocchi was not on the menu when we were there, I had read about it and gnocchi is my favorite thing - maybe next time!

Ooh yes def get the blueberry martini! So good and unusual! Oh I'm so upset about the gnocci :( I don't even want to go back now, why bother!? they need to bring it back!! xxx

My family loves Flame Tree, one of our favorites in AK. So glad you enjoyed it too!!

It's a wonderful place! Thank you for reading :) xxx

Just stumbling upon this now. I loved your previous review. So happy to "see" you again here. Grabbing my tea and settling in.

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! :cool1:

Your reviews of Olive Garden and Red Lobster are cracking me up. I love both places, but they're looked down upon here in the U.S. as unsophisticated. But they're so good!!! I so appreciate your lack of pretension in these reviews. You and your fiance sound like great people. :goodvibes

Yay! Thank you so much! And thank you for the congrats!!

YES I can't understand why they're looked down on!! It's sacrilege, they are seriously so good! I'm glad you like them :) Thank you so much for your sweet comments :) :) xxx

Loving your reviews. Congratulations on your engagement and wedding! Our daughter got married in Disney World this past Dec. and although small (20 of us) it was truly magical!

Thank you so much! Oh wow, that's amazing! Where did she get married? I'm so glad it was wonderful, comments like these make me sure I've made the right decision :) xxxxx

My wife and I are just loving your dining report! We've taken to calling our upcoming (1st!) Disney trip "hollibobs" after y'all because it feels so festive! Congrats on the engagement! We got married last summer, and the best advice I can give you is to remember that however hectic the planning gets, it will be great and you will be married afterward no matter what :)

Aww thank you so much! What a sweet comment! We're honoured that you're using holibobs!!! You'll never go back to holiday! Or vacation, haha! Thank you for the tips, we will bear this in mind and try to stay calm throughout the planning!! Thank you for reading along and commenting :) xxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! :lovestruc I've been reading through this and your last dining review as well and I just adore your writing style!! SO much fun!!!

Saanaa

We had an ADR for Saanaa this evening at 6.30 and we wanted to get to Kidani Village in plenty of time.

We got the bus to KV and had a little wander around. It’s really cute! Obviously very similar in theming to AKL but on a smaller, cuter scale. It was obviously cocktail o’clock and we were both looking forward to drinks at Saanaa’s lounge.

It was very cute in here too, dark and cosy!

PICSNEW094_zps0f29eb8b.jpg

PICSNEW095_zps7520f24e.jpg

We nabbed a super comfy corner sofa and I’m not ashamed to say I took my trainers off and kicked back! Ben had a frozen mango margarita (2nd of the day, good man) and I came over all cultured and ordered the Saanaa wine flight! It was $17 and I really, really enjoyed it. I don’t know much about wine and am your standard ‘glass of house white please’ girl, but I loved reading the little descriptions and seeing if I could taste the different flavours in each. I was impressed with the size of each pour and would really recommend the flight :)

PICSNEW093_zps34cfd21a.jpg

Once we’d finished our drinks, it was about 6.20. We walked to the podium to check in for our din dins and were given a buzzer which we could go outside with. So we did! We walked out to the viewing platform and watched some of the animals, which was lovely. Such a special resort! One of the little antelope thingies was going absolutely cray cray so we watched him careening about haha, must have just had a great day!

PICSNEW096_zpsdbff287e.jpg

PICSNEW098_zps052bfa7e.jpg

My camera was critically low so I had to calm down with the photo taking so I’d be able to take some at dinner!

Our buzzer then buzzed and we were led to the absolute most PERFECT table, I was over the moon! Right in the middle of the restaurant, next to a huge window :D Such a treat! I was glad it was an early ADR and still light outside as we had such a beautiful view. However, this is where the highs of our evening came to a grinding halt :(

Our server was called Danielle – she was nice and bubbly, but reaallllly not very good! We ordered drinks; a diet coke for me and a Tusker beer for Ben. When they were bought out, I could immediately tell I had a coke and not diet coke. I actually don’t like the taste of normal coke and much prefer diet coke. Obviously it wasn’t for diet reasons as I never hold back food wise, I’ll order a diet coke with my Quarter pounder cheeseburger meal haha, you feelin’ me? So I wasn’t impressed that she’d got that wrong as it’s pretty simple, but it wasn’t a big deal. When she came over again, I asked her if it was normal coke as I’d ordered diet, and she was really apologetic and bought me out a diet straightaway. Mmmm, much better! She didn’t take the normal coke away though…it was just hangin’ out on our table haha, taking up precious space! Danielle then asked for our food orders and weirdly, didn’t write anything down! Like, not a single thing. Hmmmm, I had a bad feeling about this!

PICSNEW099_zps409b2131.jpg

You can see our view here :)

PICSNEW101_zps09e3f71b.jpg

PICSNEW102_zps49dc5cb7.jpg

We decided to pay OOP for a starter here as we were both starving marvin. We ordered the bread service with 3 different naan breads. It was pretty tough trying to decide which dips to get; they all sounded really good! After much deliberation, we opted for the garlic pickle (my choice, I live and die for Garlic <3), jalapeno lime pickle (Ben’s choice) and hummus (joint :D ) Danielle bought them out and shocker, it was all correct! I was pleasantly surprised.

PICSNEW105_zps5bcdb0e8.jpg

They were all delish and my favourite combo was the garlic pickle with the plain naan, mmmmmm! It was all good so far, we were enjoying the food and the relaxed atmosphere and all was good.

Our main courses were then bought out. I chose the duo of curries; paneer tikka and butter chicken, with the 5 grain pilaf. Ben ordered the Paneer tikka and the chickpea masala, again with the pilaf.

So Danielle brings out our dishes and straightaway, I think somethings up. Bear in mind I’ve spent like 4 years reading reviews of Disney food – that’s a lot of lunchbreaks ;) I can pretty much recognise most dishes from most Disney restaurants, and I know a bowl of basmati rice when I see one! Both our dishes had basmati rice. Unless I was massively mistaken. Hmmm, what to do, what to do? Was it possible she’d got it wrong…twice? Had they run out of 5 grain pilaf? Was that 5 grain pilaf and my whole life had been a lie!? I threw caution to the wind and said to Danielle, ‘is this the pilaf?’ And she said, WEIRDLY, ‘oh you got me again! Did you want to try the pilaf?’

Ummm yes, that’s why we ordered it…I said yes please, she disappeared and came back with one bowl of the pilaf…even though Ben wanted some too! Grrrrr :( Ben wasn’t fussed though and just ate my rice as well as his, while I had the pilaf.

So, with all rice correct and accounted for, it was time to eat. The food was…okay. It wasn’t amazing. Maybe we are spoilt with delicious Indian food over here? We have an amazing posh Indian near us which puts so much flavour in their dishes; I could literally drink their lamb passanda gravy. And, if I’m honest, I have. So not sure if we’d been spoiled, or the food just wasn’t that great. Neither of us were fans though which is VERY unusual – Ben is an easy boy to please, he likes everything! Unless it’s got meat in, obvs. The butter chicken was bland and watery, and the paneer was completely tasteless. I had to put salt on it!

My food, with the pilaf that clearly isn’t a pilaf

PICSNEW106_zps3e642902.jpg

I don’t have a photo of Ben’s I’m afraid, must have just completely given up haha!

So we were disappointed with the food :( I was annoyed with the service too, she really wasn’t very good. She didn’t check on us again after Pilaf-gate and we were just feeling a bit fed up. So fed up in fact, that we skipped dessert! CRAZY TIMES! I know. But, none of the options were jumping out at us and I was feeling so exhausted. We didn’t really want to stay and have to give her a bigger tip, as bad as that sounds. We did leave her 18% though but we both agree it should have been less.

So it was a disappointing meal. Not sure if we’d go back, definitely not for a while!

The Verdict

I didn’t really enjoy this meal :( Bad service and the food is better at our local takeaway :O Although the location and view can’t be beaten!

It’s a fins :(

Screenshot2012-01-25at151938.png

Congrats on your engagement!!! Also all the food updates look amazing :)

Thank you so much!! :) xxxx

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying your reviews and congrats on the engagement!

Thank you! Much appreciated! xxx

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! :lovestruc I've been reading through this and your last dining review as well and I just adore your writing style!! SO much fun!!!

Aww thank you, that's so lovely of you! So pleased you're enjoying it! Thank you for commenting :) :) xxxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter