• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding :). Thank you for sharing the TE dining review we are considering eating there in September.

YEAH!! a Disney wedding - how fabulous!! :love::love::love::love:

now, you will be doing a report on that event, right??!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Just tuned in to your fantastic dining review! Loving the pics!

A huge congratulations on your engagement and now your planning for a Disney Wedding! I am so jealous!

Looking forward to reading more of your trip and can't wait to read about your wedding plans!

I'm currently helping my vegetarian friend and her meat eating family with her disney trip this coming October so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I just got caught up and loving your dining review! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!

:earsgirl::earsboy:How exciting! Planning a Disney wedding!:earsgirl::earsboy:

On a side note I would love to read your food blog, could you direct me to it or even PM me, thanks! Can't wait to read more reviews.

Yay! It is indeed very exciting!! Aww how lovely, of course I can! I'm following a diet called Slimming World at the moment so it's quite SW heavy but I hope you enjoy! It's www.polkadotkitchen.com :) xxx

A Disney wedding! So fun, you'll have to document it here!

O'hana and TE look amazing - great reviews as always

Ahhh of course I will! I'll be posting a planning journal in the wedding section and hopefully getting lots of advice from past/present/future Disney brides! :) Glad you like the reviews! xxx

Yay for a disney wedding!!!

Woooooo!! :D :D :D

Yay! It is indeed very exciting!! Aww how lovely, of course I can! I'm following a diet called Slimming World at the moment so it's quite SW heavy but I hope you enjoy! It's www.polkadotkitchen.com :) xxx

Ahhh of course I will! I'll be posting a planning journal in the wedding section and hopefully getting lots of advice from past/present/future Disney brides! :) Glad you like the reviews! xxx

Woooooo!! :D :D :D
Thank-you! I love all your pictures. All those veggie pictures and Indian food have me drooling. I also love that heart shaped bowl/plate thing you have, it's so cute and makes for great presentation.

Congratulations on your engagement! And on your DFTW!! I am a fellow Disbride! October 2015 so coming up soon for me. Definitely start a PJ!

I'm enjoying your DR!

I simply must try Ohana and Teppan Edo someday. Wish you had a pic of the veggie tempura though! It all sounds very good.

Didn't catch up yet, started following along though :) You are both adorable and I'm interested in any veggie meal reviews. Your rating system is probably the best I've ever seen.

And congratulations!!

Congrats on your engagement! Fellow Disbribe here! I'm loving your dining report! Hope you start a planning journal when you get started planning!

Red Lobster

The plan for tonight was Red Lobster and to say I was excited would be possibly the biggest understatement in the history of understatements. If you remember, we were going to go in 2011 but the schedule didn’t allow (we got too many pizza deliveries…) so I was determined to go this time! I’d been looking at the menu online for…3 years!?!?! Depressing! So I was so looking forward to it! First though, a little drink, which I think I’ll include as they were lovely!

We left about 6.30 and headed across the road to Millers Ale House. We ate here in 2011 but I didn’t like it because I think I ordered the wrong thing. It is SO FUN for drinks though, we love it!! We walked through and grabbed a table for two outside, right by the balcony bit.

FL2013BATCH1131_zpsa180a26d.jpg

FL2013BATCH1132_zpsd9b78f3f.jpg

FL2013BATCH1135_zps15c6e83c.jpg

We perused the menu and I couldn’t even believe the deals I was seeing! It was Happy Hour so the deals were cray cray! Benj ordered a 32oz Miller Lite and I decided on a lovely tropical little number, double coconut parrot bay rum and Sienna Mist! Basically a Malibu and Lemonade…not my normal choice but I just fancied something coconutty, always makes me feel in a holiday mood!

FL2013BATCH1138_zpsd8c3f542.jpg

Loved this ad!

FL2013BATCH1139_zps6c907e63.jpg

Our drinks were bought out and we sat chatting for a while. We then had another round of drinks and then we started to get a bit peckish and decided it was time to make a move.

We strolled back to our hotel and got in a taxi bound for Red Lobster. Excitement levels – high. Blurry waiting for taxi selfie:

FL2013BATCH1140_zps4ef53a56.jpg

RL was like, really far away! I had no idea! Well not far, but not in the immediate vicinity like I thought it was, so that was surprising!
We walked in the restaurant and I immediately looooved how it looked, all dark wood, white napkins and classy :) I had a feeling I was going to enjoy this experience! We were led to a table for 2 but I cheekily asked if we could possibly have a booth as they looked lovely and I saw some couples in them :p The greeter said no problem and we were led to a cute, spacious booth.

Our server was realllly nice and friendly and as he had to come back twice before I had made my mind up which starter to get, obviously very patient! We all laughed about it though and I told him that I was so excited and it all looked so good, it was impossible to choose! It really, really was. He probably thought I was such a weirdo. I got a glass of pinot to drink and Benj got a Bud Lite and we literally sat for ages while I tried to decide. Ben had quite a few options too which was good to know as being a seafood restaurant, I had been concerned!

FL2013BATCH1145_zpsa040547a.jpg

Eventually I decided and we placed our orders for starters and mains, OBVIOUSLY we were having starters!!! After we ordered, we were bought out a basket containing BISCUITS OF HEAVEN. Now, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are famous the world over and they were a big reason I wanted to eat here, to see what all the fuss was about! Well, after spreading butter on one of these babies and taking a big ol bite, I could see what the fuss was all about. These little rolls were 100% sent from heaven above and when I took a bite, all the stars aligned, angels sang and light shone down on me.

FL2013BATCH1144_zps5a661bae.jpg

FL2013BATCH1147_zpsdaf432e5.jpg

They were warm, cheesy, super salty and garlicky. All my favourite things. I ate 2 in quick succession (yes, 2 biscuits) and then I had to stop myself for going for another. It was hard though. Very hard. Ben was also loving them and had put away a couple before we remembered we had actually ordered food too.

All gone…

FL2013BATCH1146_zps97b1639b.jpg

Our starters were bought out after a nice wait and we were extremely excited!

Benji chose onion rings – there were a lot of veggie starter options but he said he was just really in the mood for onion rings! They were SO incredible, really light, tempura style batter and little perfectly cooked rings of onion. They rivalled 50’s Prime Time onion rings although both are amazing in very different ways!

FL2013BATCH1149_zpsf5d1d54f.jpg

I selected the seafood dip…sweet mother of all that is holy, was this good.

FL2013BATCH1148_zps91c9f779.jpg

It honestly was one of the best things I ate all holiday and I could straightaway see this was going to be an amazing meal! It was spinach, artichoke and lobster dip, all chunky and creamy and cheesy. It was absolutely amazing, soooo much lobster! There were seriously a million chips though and sooo much dip…I did manage to force most of it down though, I couldn’t stop eating it! Benj ate most of his onion rings too, he loved em! I think we both ate another biscuit too…our server bought us out more :( (…I asked him to…)

Before we knew it, our mains were bought out! Oh no, we forgot about them! I was honestly feeling full after the biscuits and before the starters so now we’d had both…I was a goner. I had that warm, content feeling you get after a lovely, filling meal. Oops.

But, we MANNED UP and attacked our respective dishes with gusto. I had accidentally ordered loads so my dishes took up an embarrassing amount of space on the table…

FL2013BATCH1152_zps95f64a98.jpg

I ordered a combination; 2 items, garlic shrimp scampi and coconut shrimp, with a LOADED potato. I became obsessed with loaded baked potatoes whilst we were out there; if it was on the menu, I wanted it! I double checked with our server to make sure the potato really was loaded…he assured me it was! I decided not to get the lobster stuffed loaded potato that I was going to which in hindsight was a very good idea, as you’ll see when I share my ‘after’ plate! I also got a lobster tail…it was $13, I couldn’t not!

FL2013BATCH1151_zps3a1f2e96.jpg

You also get a salad with any entrée! So I got Caesar, natch. It was a lorra lorra food. It was all incredible though. The lobster tail was like nothing I’d ever tried and it was def the best cooked lobster I’d ever had. I was very aware that was expensive so I ate that first haha! The shrimp scampi was nice and garlicky but sadly I could barely make a dent in it. The coconut shrimp was really lovely too, absolutely huge shrimp with a sweet coconutty batter. The salad was life-changing. Ben wanted to get another one! It was just really good.

So whilst I was battling with my feast, Ben was working his way through this little beaut; grilled vegetable skewers with fries and a Caesar salad.

FL2013BATCH1150_zpse1c76334.jpg

He said the skewers were really good, especially the squash, but the mushrooms were not so good. A bit raw! Like I said, he demolished the salad. He was super full as well though after eating all his starter (plus those devilish biscuits…) so he had to call it a day. I have written in my notes ‘Ben cried’ haha. He didn’t really. But he was upset at having to leave so much, as was I. Eyes bigger than bellies there :( Story of our lives eh!

These are the ‘after’ shots…wow.

FL2013BATCH1154_zpsc9c90a3a.jpg

FL2013BATCH1153_zps0f72c9bd.jpg

Fail!!!

FL2013BATCH1155_zps0cf69b3b.jpg

Our server came to collect our plates and we paid up; the meal was about $70 which I thought was VERY reasonable considering the amount of amazing seafood I had!!! We also had a chuckle when we realised my dinner made up $50 of that, whilst Ben’s was $20! Haha ohhhh. We left our server a good tip because he was very good and friendly. We then waddled out of the restaurant, into a taxi and straight into bed.

The Verdict

Absolutely 100% the top score! This was one of my faovurite meals of the whole trip. The restaurant itself, the amazing food, the PRICE, our waiter...it was all just perfect. Those cheddar bay biscuits were seriously life-changing. I wasn't sure if anywhere else would top it on the holiday!! guess you'll have to keep reading to find out if we does :teeth:

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png
I love red lobster!! It's abundant here in ny so we won't do at Disney but it's a favorite of mine here. The kids even like it!

Love your reviews!! And congratulations on your engagement, such a wonderful story!! Best wishes!! ❤️

I am a pescatarian in a family of meat eaters. So enjoying your reviews!! We are going in sept and can't wait.

I just loved this! Congratulations guys! We're heading down next month from NY and this thread got me so teary and excited!! :lovestruc:hippie:

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding :). Thank you for sharing the TE dining review we are considering eating there in September.

Aww thank you so much! No problem at all, hope it helps! We loved TE :)

YEAH!! a Disney wedding - how fabulous!! :love::love::love::love:

now, you will be doing a report on that event, right??!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

OF COURSE!! Hahah the thought of starting my wedding planning journal is just so exciting!! Can't wait, it's all getting so real now! :) xxxx

Congrats!! A fairytale wedding is so exciting!!

Thank you so much! :D :D It's super exciting! xxxx

Just tuned in to your fantastic dining review! Loving the pics!

A huge congratulations on your engagement and now your planning for a Disney Wedding! I am so jealous!

Looking forward to reading more of your trip and can't wait to read about your wedding plans!

I'm currently helping my vegetarian friend and her meat eating family with her disney trip this coming October so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Aww thank you so much, I'm so glad you've enjoyed it :) We are SO EXCITED to start planning our wedding!! Hoping to start my planning journal soon too!

Ahhhh for your veggie friend - counter service I'd recommend Pecos Bills and places with toppings bars as she can load up her veggie burger with so much good stuff! In terms of table service....there's so many great options! Ben had amazing meals at Narcoosees, California Grill etc and 'Ohana do an amazing vegetarian special menu :) xxxx I've got a long list to review haha so will share our thoughts here which may help you!

I just got caught up and loving your dining review! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!

Thanks so much! :) xxxxx

Thank-you! I love all your pictures. All those veggie pictures and Indian food have me drooling. I also love that heart shaped bowl/plate thing you have, it's so cute and makes for great presentation.

Aww thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sorry I haven't updated it in a while, I keep meaning to but things get in the way! Hahah I got those bowls for Christmas, I absolutely love them and want to use them all the time!! I have them in 3 different sizes - so cute! xxxx

Congratulations on your engagement! And on your DFTW!! I am a fellow Disbride! October 2015 so coming up soon for me. Definitely start a PJ!

I'm enjoying your DR!

Ooooh how exciting, I'll go and have a look at your planning journal!! Can't wait to start mine even a little bit! Thanks for reading along :) xxxx

Congratulations on your engagement! We are going for our honeymoon next month. I can't wait.

Thank you! I hope you have an amazing honeymoon!!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc xxxx

I simply must try Ohana and Teppan Edo someday. Wish you had a pic of the veggie tempura though! It all sounds very good.

Ah yeah sorry, not sure where that one went to haha! Both lovely restaurants, I recommend :) xxx

Congratulations on your engagement! I am sure that your wedding will be truly magical!

Aww thank you so much, what a sweet message :o:o xxxxxxx

Glad you enjoyed Tappen Edo. It's one of our faves!!!

It was a lovely dinner! :) xxxx

Didn't catch up yet, started following along though :) You are both adorable and I'm interested in any veggie meal reviews. Your rating system is probably the best I've ever seen.

And congratulations!!

Aww thank you, what a sweet message! Best rating system you've ever seen huh, quite the accolade!!! :D :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc xxx

Congrats on your engagement! Fellow Disbribe here! I'm loving your dining report! Hope you start a planning journal when you get started planning!

Thank you fellow Disbride! Ooh yes I will be starting a planning journal, can't wait!! :) xxxx

I love red lobster!! It's abundant here in ny so we won't do at Disney but it's a favorite of mine here. The kids even like it!

Yay! It was my favourite meal of the whole trip and I can't WAIT to eat there in December!! :D xxxx

Love your reviews!! And congratulations on your engagement, such a wonderful story!! Best wishes!! ❤️

I am a pescatarian in a family of meat eaters. So enjoying your reviews!! We are going in sept and can't wait.

Thank you so much :) Much appreciated. Glad you're enjoying the reviews, jealous you're going in Sept! Enjoy planning!! xxx

I just loved this! Congratulations guys! We're heading down next month from NY and this thread got me so teary and excited!! :lovestruc:hippie:

Aww thank you! Such a sweet message :) Glad I helped get you all excited!! Enjoy your trip!! xxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter