"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

I'm so enjoying all your reviews, and really looking forward to hearing all about your DFTW! :cloud9: Super late congratulations!

Sorry to hear you had a bad time at CG. I've never been but am totally on the fence about it - for so much money it seems you can get better service/food elsewhere. At least the CM at the host stand was nice :)

We (DW & I) are just tuning in and I have to tell you how much we are loving your reviews!! The pictures are great, the variety of locations, and your wonderful personalities! The vegetarian selections are a nice bonus to see as well....
We will definitely be tuning in for more!!

I posted on your wedding PJ earlier but wanted to say that I really have enjoyed reading your dining reviews! It's funny because the way you describe loving things "American" I love things "English"! :rolleyes:

You've got such an infectious writing style and I've loved everything about your report so far. Plus your zest for eating and drinking tops it all off! Looking forward to reading more from you.

Oh I'm sorry Cali Grill didn't turn out to be all that good. What a bummer that the service was bad. :(

I also wanted to ask you if you'd stay @ The Rosen again? We are *thinking* of adding on a Universal section onto our next WDW vacation.

When I have time I'm going to pop over to your wedding report to follow along! :)

Last edited:
Finally getting caught up with all of your updates. Yay!

I totally agree about the AKL buses. I think it must be a common issues because even when we have stayed at AKL it seems like the buses to AK are so few and far between. You would think that being so close to that park you would see them much more often, but I find that is never the case. I usually end up driving us there.

So sorry to hear about your crappy service at Cali Grill! It's funny that you mention Jason, because we had him a few years ago and I still think of him fondly. He was amazing! Next time you go you should try to specifically request him. :thumbsup2

We saw Survivor at F&W as well. My hubby LOVES them and it was such a thrill for him. The Eat To The Beat concerts are so much fun! Even when you don't know their music well, it's still fun times.

Belated congratulations on your engagement. I have to say this is my favorite dining review ever on the DIS. (Sorry everybody else you come in second.) :) You have a terrific writing style that is very playful and fun.

I wish you and Benj the very best and hope you have a long and happy life together. My wife and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary at DW in November and we are still as in love with each other as we were on our honeymoon at DW in 1975. We are both so looking forward to our almost annual visit to the Happiest Place on Earth.

EEEKKK!! You're going back for 2 weeks in December - YEAH for us!! and of course we want to hear what you guys ate!!

so sorry to hear that CG wasn't up to par - we've not eaten there, but I hear folks either love it or don't! Sorry you didn't!

Hell yeah sister!!! Although....we're staying off site cause we can't afford to stay on site! And we'll be on a serious budget...aiming for $100 a day between us, preferably less. Do you think people will still want to read about that!? Like lots of off-site places? I'll def do a review if so haha, I love it! :)

Yes it was a shame :( We loved it in 2011 though so we'd probably give it another chance one day!! xxxxxx

Ugh. That makes me nervous. DH and I look young but we're mid-30's. Going without the kids for our anniversary and doing a bunch of signatures. I would HATE to have crappy service. I'm a former waitress and a big tipper--it would be in their best interest to be nice to us :)

Yours is the second report of CM's discussing tips. SO RUDE. I would probably call them out. It's pretty much forbidden to talk about your tip to a table! People must be stiffing them a lot or something....

Yeah we're big tippers too! Soooo irritating, and so rude :( His loss though! Don't assume just cause we're young that we don't know how to tip!! It's hardly rocket science ;)

Yeah it was really rude, I've never had it before, ever! Especially not in a sig. Really awful service :( Never mind! xxxxxx

I've heard a bunch of not so great reviews about California Grill. Mostly the service being hit or miss, but also people stating that they believed the quality of the ingredients used in the food prep there has gone down from what they remembered.

I've never been and it doesn't look like I'm going to any time soon!

It was nice the the CM hostess made sure your engagement was noted.

Ahh, interesting! It wasn't so much the quality of ingredients as I just didn't feel the recipes worked so well :( The gnocci looks amazing but it just had one flavour all over! Not good! Yes the CM downstairs was so lovely :) She made our evening bearable! xxx

There is no excuse for service like that for sure. I am so sorry he made your dinner miserable. I know my DH would have spoken to the manager.

I agree :( Yeah in hindsight we should have said something :( I normally will haha, Ben is a bit more reserved than me! We should have really. Never mind! xxxx

I suspect he heard your accents and figured you wouldn't tip. Unfortunately, that's the stereotype. Boo on him and his GIANT loss!

So sad to hear your meals weren't as lovely as you had anticipated. :(

Yes I agree, definately his loss! And not a nice stereotype - we actxually go to a lot of effort to make sure we're educated on tipping before we go, as do most British people I know! Our dinner the next night made up for it :) xxx

I just love your reviews!

I'm so sorry you had a disappointment. We had a similar experience at CG in December. Our previous visits had been lovely. We anticipated another good evening. Alas, it proved to be our worst meal during our trip. My seafood risotto was bland and gluggy with six, count them six pieces of small, overcooked and tired seafood. Our table was just about the worst in the place. My view was the scullery service area and each time a person came past I was hit on the head or the shoulder, or in one instance, both. Worse, though, was the attitude of our waiter. He behaved as though we were keeping him from his real job, which was disappearing into the kitchens and forgetting our order. But, dessert almost made up for it!

Thank you! OMG I can't believe you had a similar experience! You've made me feel so much better!! Your dinner sounds awful :( Did you have the same waiter as us do you think? Hope you had other meals that made up for it during your trip! xxxx

I am so happy to read your report.....i've loved your previous ones. I've been away for several years but am planning a last minute September 2015 trip for F&W (for the first time). Congrats on the engagement!

Aww thank you so much! Oh wow, how exciting! You'll LOVE F&W, it's one of our favourite things about WDW! We're really going to miss it in December I think, haha! Thank you for the congratulations :) Take care xxxxx

Unbelievable!!! We had Roberto last time we went to CG and it was bad enough that we haven't been back since. Our food was okay, not close to being memorable. He rushed us, left us feeling like he "tolerated" our table for two and completely ruined our evening. We contacted Disney Dining when we got home to voice our opinion and to our surprise were given a disney dining gift card.

We're going for 10 days in December, maybe we'll see y'all!!

Arghhhh I can't believe you had Roberto too! You've made me feel so much better!! He's like, the worst waiter ever. I REALLY wish we'd complained now as we could really use a giftcard haha! Never mind though. Oh wow, exciting! Wat dates in December are you going? We'll be there 19th - Jan 2nd, Christmas and NYE wooooo!! Not staying onsite though booooo! Hehe maybe we'll see you! xxx

That sucks your meals at California Grill and Sanaa were not that great. Disney restaurant depending on the time and server can be a mixed bag. Sanaa is my favorite restaurant in Disney World and my recommendation would be to try both again in a future visit. Love still reading your AWESOME trip report.

Yeah definately, the server can make or break it! We def would try both again, there are still a lot of Disney restaurants we've yet to try though so probably wouldn't go back for a little while! :) So glad you're enjoying my reviews :) xxxxx

I'm enjoying all of your reviews even on the non-Disney places!

thank you so much! I'm really pleased you're enjoying them :D xxxxxx

I'm so enjoying all your reviews, and really looking forward to hearing all about your DFTW! :cloud9: Super late congratulations!

Thank you so much! And thank you for the congrats, don't worry about the lateness, it's my fault for posting the reviews so late haha! :D xxxx

Congrats on the engagement!!!! Nice read, yummy reviews!!!

Thanks sweetie! :D :D xxxxxxx

Such a shame about your server :(

It was indeed! Never mind eh! xxxx

Sorry to hear you had a bad time at CG. I've never been but am totally on the fence about it - for so much money it seems you can get better service/food elsewhere. At least the CM at the host stand was nice :)

Agreed!! As my next review proves haha! Yeah she was amazing, we loved her :) Glad I got the chance to thank her too :) xxxxx

We (DW & I) are just tuning in and I have to tell you how much we are loving your reviews!! The pictures are great, the variety of locations, and your wonderful personalities! The vegetarian selections are a nice bonus to see as well....
We will definitely be tuning in for more!!

Aww what a lovely message! Thank you so much :) :) I'm so, so pleased you're enjoying them and that you like my writing :) Hope you enjoy the rest! xxxxxxx

You are seriously adorable. And I love your review!!!

Awwwwww :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc thank you so much! xxxx

I posted on your wedding PJ earlier but wanted to say that I really have enjoyed reading your dining reviews! It's funny because the way you describe loving things "American" I love things "English"! :rolleyes:

You've got such an infectious writing style and I've loved everything about your report so far. Plus your zest for eating and drinking tops it all off! Looking forward to reading more from you.

Hello again! :) Aww that's so funny haha, see I find it crazy that anyone would like English things! American things are just the BEST!! :D Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm so glad you like my writing style :) food is my life haha, I think it's clear!! Hope you enjoy the rest! xxxx

Oh I'm sorry Cali Grill didn't turn out to be all that good. What a bummer that the service was bad. :(

I also wanted to ask you if you'd stay @ The Rosen again? We are *thinking* of adding on a Universal section onto our next WDW vacation.

When I have time I'm going to pop over to your wedding report to follow along! :)

Hiiiii! Yes we would stay there again! It was really cheap, and clean, with friendly staff. We actually didn't go back after our 2 nights at HRH, but that's cause we had a bad experience with loud (ENGLISH!) tourists outside our door at like 3am, but we'd stay there again. Have you considered staying at one of the Universal hotels? I only say cause although the Hard Rock Hotel is like £180 a night ish, you can walk to the parks, you get early entry to WWOHP, and you get to skip all the queues! It's so good!!! We love it :) xxxxxxx

Finally getting caught up with all of your updates. Yay!

I totally agree about the AKL buses. I think it must be a common issues because even when we have stayed at AKL it seems like the buses to AK are so few and far between. You would think that being so close to that park you would see them much more often, but I find that is never the case. I usually end up driving us there.

So sorry to hear about your crappy service at Cali Grill! It's funny that you mention Jason, because we had him a few years ago and I still think of him fondly. He was amazing! Next time you go you should try to specifically request him. :thumbsup2

We saw Survivor at F&W as well. My hubby LOVES them and it was such a thrill for him. The Eat To The Beat concerts are so much fun! Even when you don't know their music well, it's still fun times.

Hiiiiii! Oh that's interesting! So it's an AKL thing then maybe! Good to know for the future haha! Awwww I wish we'd gotten Jason :( He obviously stuck in my mind, he seemed amazing! I def would request him if we go again!!

Yes we love the concerts! Especially if you've had a few drinks from the F&W festival....you're guaranteed to enjoy!! :D Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :) xxxxx

Belated congratulations on your engagement. I have to say this is my favorite dining review ever on the DIS. (Sorry everybody else you come in second.) :) You have a terrific writing style that is very playful and fun.

I wish you and Benj the very best and hope you have a long and happy life together. My wife and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary at DW in November and we are still as in love with each other as we were on our honeymoon at DW in 1975. We are both so looking forward to our almost annual visit to the Happiest Place on Earth.
'

Oh wow! Nicest comment ever!!! Thank you so much, that is just so sweet and thoughtful :) I'm so pleased you like my dining reviews!

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming 40th anniversary! What an amazing thing to celebrate! I really hope that will be me and Ben in 41 years time :) :) Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely comment, take care both of you xxxxxx

(Hey guys! Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for the super long pause between reviews, I started a new job last month and things have been kinda crazy! It's all going really well though :) And I'm getting used to the longer days and harder work! But I haven't forgotten about you all and thank you sooooo much to everyone whose taken the time to leave such sweet comments :) It means so much to me! Right then, lets pick up where we left off shall we!?)

Main Street Bakery

We rope-dropped MK this morning! The plan was to see the opening ceremony. We’d never seen it before and I was determined :D We woke up at 6.45 and were out the door by 7.55, pretty good for us!* (*and when I say us, I obviously mean me.)

We got there at 8.50, watched the ceremony, cried (just me) and entered the MK to take some wonderful photos that included these beauties:

wdw201329915962719_6892042978_18_zpsb49b65b0.jpeg

Surprise_zps5e16fc9c.jpg

We were famished by this point even though not a huge amount had happened, so we headed into Main Street Bakery again for brekkie, as it was so yummy last time!

PICSNEW229_zps059cc469.jpg

PICSNEW230_zps2f1b1772.jpg

We never stop for coffee or drinks or anything over here so I was excited all over again to see all the choices and stuff they had inside. And it’s all on DDP! Amazing! We didn’t realize this the first time we went and just got lame-o water, booooo! We got in the queue and after some lightening quick decisions having to be made regarding breakfast sandwiches, we were handed our loot and stood off to the side to wait for our drinks to be made. We both got the veggie breakfast wrap, feta, tomato and egg. I got the chocolate chip frappe grande thingimabob, and Benj got the strawberry cream one. YUM! Obscene amount of calories to be consuming so early in the morning, but hey.

Benj with our bounty

PICSNEW232_zps5ef5445b.jpg

We decided to walk to New Fantasyland to eat our brekkie coz that was pretty much the reason we’d got here so early. It was looking soooooo good in the early morning sunshine and I couldn’t WAIT to do all the new attractions!

PICSNEW236_zpsc3fcab5c.jpg

PICSNEW237_zps8a0aa219.jpg

We got FP’s for TLM ride on the way, yay! We walked up to Gastons Tav and sat outside at one of the cute little tables there to eat our brekkie. The wrap was amazzzzinnng and I was super glad I’d gone for it.

PICSNEW233_zpsb7002ff6.jpg

NOMS

PICSNEW234_zpse861b48b.jpg

My drink was lush too but it was just so big and filling, I had to throw some away :( Pretty devastating. Whilst we were eating breks, there was a super cute CM ‘greeter’, stood outside the B&TB shop shouting out ‘Hey!’ to guests and ‘Have a great day’ and ‘Having a good morning?’ and literally NO ONE was responding to him in any way! It was killing me! I felt so bad for him :( He was like, the perfect greeter! All bubbly and friendly and happy. I couldn’t handle it so when we finished our brekkie we walked over and asked if he’d take a photo of us outside the fountain :)

PICSNEW235_zps705a26e0.jpg

He looked genuinely chuffed :D And then I shouted to him ‘You’re doing a great job!’ after we’d thanked him for taking the photo haha. Bless his little cottons. So that made me feel lots happier about the situation!

The Verdict

Solid breakfast choice! It's a pink dress!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

Last edited:
Pecos Bills

After an emotional morning spent doing all the new rides at NFL (well, they were new at the time...like 1.5 years ago....*whistles*) me crying AGAIN during Belle's Enchanted Stories, and we spending lot of time singing random lyrics from B&TB (“I NEED, SIX EGGS” “That’s too expensiveee” and “There must be more than this provincial liiiiiiife” “JUST WATCH I’M GOING TO MAKE BELLE MY WIIIIIIIFFFEEEE”) we were feeling peckish for lunch.

Seeing as we were approximately nowhere near Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, we decided to go to Pecos Bill's. As we were leaving NFL though we saw the bit where you can meet Ariel :D I was in there before you could say dinglehopper and we queued for a mere 10 minutes to meet my idol. And, she was AMAZING! One of the best character interactions we’ve ever had :D She loved my hair, wanted to see the ring, asked us loads of questions and it was just really cool.

wdw201329915995090_6892042981_18_zps9eecaed2.jpeg

wdw201329915995144_zpsac4243cd.jpeg

wdw201329915995141_6892046086_18_zpsb81a310b.jpeg

Amazing. So, onto Pecos Bill's! I again chose the Deluxe Angus Burger because it’s the best thing ever, whilst Ben decided to go cray off-piste and order the taco salad without the meat! He was then able to stuff it to the brim with all the toppings! GENIUS. Honestly, that boy is a child prodigy sometimes.

Check out his bounty of toppings! Impressive.

PICSNEW279_zps7ac0d3db.jpg

And my beauty. The burger here is so gosh darn good. All that BBQ sauce, the onion rings, the CHEESE…incredible.

PICSNEW280_zps62b17fb0.jpg

I’m incapable of leaving anything in Pecos Bills so I always wind up feeling super stuffed and sleepy afterwards, but it’s totally worth it. It was pretty rammed on this occasion, but again I was really impressed with the CM’s organisation with getting guests tables.

Can we seriously take a moment to mourn the demise of the plastic cheese!!?? What is that even about?? I really can't get over it!! Pecos Bill's will never be the same again!!!!!!

Anyway.

The Verdict

It's Pecos Bills. It's probably our favourite CS in WDW. It's a wedding dress :D

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

Thank you! OMG I can't believe you had a similar experience! You've made me feel so much better!! Your dinner sounds awful :( Did you have the same waiter as us do you think? Hope you had other meals that made up for it during your trip! xxxx

It sounds like the same waiter, doesn't it? We had lovely lobster at Narcoossee's, scrumptious scallops at Flying Fish and our Christmas Dinner at Victoria & Albert's! If one bad meal is the worst thing to happen to us, we are doing well.

Oooh, I just love chocolate chip frappe grande thingimabobs and your gorgeous photos!!!

Wow I need to go back to Pecos Bills! That burger looks soooo good! Boo no more cheese, I saw that on another site yesterday.

Oh my gosh, the cheese. I was so pumped to get a veggie burger at cosmic rays with lots of cheese sauce after reading your review, and then they go and take it away! Heartbreaking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter