"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

Hell yeah sister!!! Although....we're staying off site cause we can't afford to stay on site! And we'll be on a serious budget...aiming for $100 a day between us, preferably less. Do you think people will still want to read about that!? Like lots of off-site places? I'll def do a review if so haha, I love it! :)

Yes it was a shame :( We loved it in 2011 though so we'd probably give it another chance one day!! xxxxx

YES!! We still want to hear about your CHEAP EATS!! I mean, you'll be THERE and we will be HERE!! and THERE is much better than HERE!!

I just booked our 2016 trip yesterday :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth: but I have 353 days to go :sad2: so I need all the WDW food I can get between now and then!! :rainbow:

:daisy:

Cute pics! You look more like Ariel than Ariel looked like Ariel! :D

I was just thinking the same thing!

And I'm in mourning over the demise of the plastic cheese. I've lived through its demise once and it came back so I still have hope.

Jill in CO

Hiiiii! Yes we would stay there again! It was really cheap, and clean, with friendly staff. We actually didn't go back after our 2 nights at HRH, but that's cause we had a bad experience with loud (ENGLISH!) tourists outside our door at like 3am, but we'd stay there again. Have you considered staying at one of the Universal hotels? I only say cause although the Hard Rock Hotel is like £180 a night ish, you can walk to the parks, you get early entry to WWOHP, and you get to skip all the queues! It's so good!!! We love it :) xxxxxxx

I'll have to keep that in mind-HRH looks ridiculously amazing!!!! My husband would LOVE that place!!!! Right now the Universal Resort rates are like almost $400 per night. [CBay looks cool & much lower] Maybe they'll go down? We wanna do some I-Drive stuff too, they seem to have some wonderful dining options!!! :)

Hell yeah sister!!! Although....we're staying off site cause we can't afford to stay on site! And we'll be on a serious budget...aiming for $100 a day between us, preferably less. Do you think people will still want to read about that!? Like lots of off-site places? I'll def do a review if so haha, I love it! :)

Yes- we'll love a review!!!!!! :D

I loooove your reviews, staying on site or not!

On our april 2015 trip we also had a bad evening at CG, we always go at least twice on each trip an we always had great food and great service but on our second visit last april we had an older lady waitress and boy was she lost...made several mistake on our orders, brought an already opened bottle of wine to our table...wich was not what we ordered...a food runner brought our appetizers to the table (the charcuterie board and cheese board)whitout the bread-croutons and we couln't find our waitress, I had to go to the bar and ask the barmen to send us someone!
Then we only had a bite or two and our entrees arrived, I was livid ! Let me tell you she didn't get 18 % tip that night !

We are also going in december and I was on the fence about going back to CG but I made the ADR. If we keep it we will ask for our favorite waiter Bill or maybe for Jason !!!

Good luck with your wedding plans!

When my husband and I found out about the removal of the plastic cheese, we were like, "We have to find a new place to eat!" because you're totally right in saying that Pecos Bill is not going to be the same! I hope they find a way to give it out from behind the counter or SOMETHING. It's so disappointing!

Checking back in! Really enjoying your write up, so can't wait to do mine from our cruise on the fantasy in May!

I also really enjoy this report and would read about your non-Disney adventures as well. :) Congratulations on your engagement!

Just caught up on this. Congrats on the engagement. Loving your review. And from a fellow Ariel fan I love the rating system!!

Peco Bills is a must do every time..Nothing fancy but its good..:)

Pecos Bills

After an emotional morning spent doing all the new rides at NFL (well, they were new at the time...like 1.5 years ago....*whistles*) me crying AGAIN during Belle's Enchanted Stories, and we spending lot of time singing random lyrics from B&TB (“I NEED, SIX EGGS” “That’s too expensiveee” and “There must be more than this provincial liiiiiiife” “JUST WATCH I’M GOING TO MAKE BELLE MY WIIIIIIIFFFEEEE”) we were feeling peckish for lunch.

Seeing as we were approximately nowhere near Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, we decided to go to Pecos Bill's. As we were leaving NFL though we saw the bit where you can meet Ariel :D I was in there before you could say dinglehopper and we queued for a mere 10 minutes to meet my idol. And, she was AMAZING! One of the best character interactions we’ve ever had :D She loved my hair, wanted to see the ring, asked us loads of questions and it was just really cool.

wdw201329915995090_6892042981_18_zps9eecaed2.jpeg

wdw201329915995144_zpsac4243cd.jpeg

wdw201329915995141_6892046086_18_zpsb81a310b.jpeg

Amazing. So, onto Pecos Bill's! I again chose the Deluxe Angus Burger because it’s the best thing ever, whilst Ben decided to go cray off-piste and order the taco salad without the meat! He was then able to stuff it to the brim with all the toppings! GENIUS. Honestly, that boy is a child prodigy sometimes.

Check out his bounty of toppings! Impressive.

PICSNEW279_zps7ac0d3db.jpg

And my beauty. The burger here is so gosh darn good. All that BBQ sauce, the onion rings, the CHEESE…incredible.

PICSNEW280_zps62b17fb0.jpg

I’m incapable of leaving anything in Pecos Bills so I always wind up feeling super stuffed and sleepy afterwards, but it’s totally worth it. It was pretty rammed on this occasion, but again I was really impressed with the CM’s organisation with getting guests tables.

Can we seriously take a moment to mourn the demise of the plastic cheese!!?? What is that even about?? I really can't get over it!! Pecos Bill's will never be the same again!!!!!!

Anyway.

The Verdict

It's Pecos Bills. It's probably our favourite CS in WDW. It's a wedding dress :D

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

It sounds like the same waiter, doesn't it? We had lovely lobster at Narcoossee's, scrumptious scallops at Flying Fish and our Christmas Dinner at Victoria & Albert's! If one bad meal is the worst thing to happen to us, we are doing well.

Oooh, I just love chocolate chip frappe grande thingimabobs and your gorgeous photos!!!

Awww Christmas dinner at V&A's, I bet that was incredible!! We're booked into Yachtsman Steakhouse for Christmas day dinner and we're soooooooo excited!! Thank you, glad you're enjoying the reviews!! :D xxxxx

Wow I need to go back to Pecos Bills! That burger looks soooo good! Boo no more cheese, I saw that on another site yesterday.

It was incredible! Prob my fave CS burger! I know, the lack of cheese is devastating!! :( xxxxx

Oh my gosh, the cheese. I was so pumped to get a veggie burger at cosmic rays with lots of cheese sauce after reading your review, and then they go and take it away! Heartbreaking

I knooowwwww! It really is heartbreaking, I can't stop thinking about it!! So gutted for our Christmas trip!! :( xxx

YES!! We still want to hear about your CHEAP EATS!! I mean, you'll be THERE and we will be HERE!! and THERE is much better than HERE!!

I just booked our 2016 trip yesterday :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth: but I have 353 days to go :sad2: so I need all the WDW food I can get between now and then!! :rainbow:

:daisy:

Ahhhh well in that case I'll be doing a full food trippie, of course!!! Ahhhh when in 2016 are you going? :) :) xxxxxxx

Cute pics! You look more like Ariel than Ariel looked like Ariel! :D

Haha awww thank you! Such a sweet comment :) xxxxxxx

I was just thinking the same thing!

And I'm in mourning over the demise of the plastic cheese. I've lived through its demise once and it came back so I still have hope.

Jill in CO

Oh really??? Well that gives me hope! When was that? xxxx

I'll have to keep that in mind-HRH looks ridiculously amazing!!!! My husband would LOVE that place!!!! Right now the Universal Resort rates are like almost $400 per night. [CBay looks cool & much lower] Maybe they'll go down? We wanna do some I-Drive stuff too, they seem to have some wonderful dining options!!! :)

Oh wow, yes hopefully they will come back a bit! We didn't pay that much! HRH is incredible though, you'll definately love it!! :) xxxxx

I loooove your reviews, staying on site or not!

On our april 2015 trip we also had a bad evening at CG, we always go at least twice on each trip an we always had great food and great service but on our second visit last april we had an older lady waitress and boy was she lost...made several mistake on our orders, brought an already opened bottle of wine to our table...wich was not what we ordered...a food runner brought our appetizers to the table (the charcuterie board and cheese board)whitout the bread-croutons and we couln't find our waitress, I had to go to the bar and ask the barmen to send us someone!
Then we only had a bite or two and our entrees arrived, I was livid ! Let me tell you she didn't get 18 % tip that night !

We are also going in december and I was on the fence about going back to CG but I made the ADR. If we keep it we will ask for our favorite waiter Bill or maybe for Jason !!!

Good luck with your wedding plans!

Oh no, it sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare at CG too! I'm not surprised you were annoyed!! Yes do consider asking for Jason, he was incredible! So gutted we didn't get him!!

Thank you so much! xxxxx

When my husband and I found out about the removal of the plastic cheese, we were like, "We have to find a new place to eat!" because you're totally right in saying that Pecos Bill is not going to be the same! I hope they find a way to give it out from behind the counter or SOMETHING. It's so disappointing!

I know, it won't be the same at all :( I keep hoping they'll bring it back but I just don't know :( :( xxxxx

Checking back in! Really enjoying your write up, so can't wait to do mine from our cruise on the fantasy in May!

Thank you! Ooooooh how exciting, can't wait for our cruise either! :) xxxxxx

I also really enjoy this report and would read about your non-Disney adventures as well. :) Congratulations on your engagement!

Awww thank you so much! I'll be sure to take notes on our Christmas trip then! :) xxxxx

Just caught up on this. Congrats on the engagement. Loving your review. And from a fellow Ariel fan I love the rating system!!

Thank you! So glad you're enjoying the review!! And yay for Ariel!! xxxxx

Peco Bills is a must do every time..Nothing fancy but its good..:)

Its the best isn't it! :) xxxxx

Yachtsman Steakhouse

We left Magic Kingdom mid-afternoon tto head back to SSR for some pool time, and then get ready for our 8.30pm Yachtsman Steakhouse ADR. I was SO EXCITED for this dinner!! Especially after last night's disastrous CG experience!

Now, the plan was to get the bus to HS and get the boat across to the Yacht Club. However, the bus came and the busdriver beckoned us over asking us why we were going to HS (interrogation!) He informed us HS had a private function on that night and we’d be better off getting the bus to DTD, then the bus to the Yacht Club. So, we did!

However, this would turn out to be a living nightmare. When we got to DTD, we waited aaaaaaages for a bus to YC. Like, 30 minutes. And then, the actual bus took AGES. It took 25 minutes just to get from Marketplace to Pleasure Island. COME ON PEOPLE! Our fellow passengers were losing it as everyone was trying to get to a dinner reservation and we were all thinking we were gonna be late. I had serious rage, but what can you do? We eventually got to the YC about 8pm, so slightly later than we’d planned but it could have been worse! I was feeling pretty flustered and grumpy though :(

We went to check in for our ADR and the CM directed us into the bar for a drink. It was cray biz in the bar with noooo free chairs. Nightmare! I spotted a lady taking up a table for 4 people…I asked if it would be okay if we sat down, and she completely ignored me! Cheer up love, you’re in Disney! So we schooched down on the very end and she didn’t say anything. Score. I ordered a glass of wine and Benj had a beer. Our server was rushed off her feet and we didn’t get our drinks for aaaagggees. I was a little frosty with her when she walked past as we’d been waiting so long. However, our grumpy tablemate shouted at her because she’d taken so long to bring her coffee! I felt so bad for her! So, when she bought our drinks I reassured her that it wasn’t a problem at all. She was really sweet and seemed sooooo relieved we weren’t mad at her! I downed my wine in like 5 minutes ha and I was going to get another, but thought maybe I should wait until actual dinner. Prices weren’t cheap in there sistah! It was super cold in there though, so ladies bring a cardie! I had a cardie and I was still cold! We paid for our drinks and then we got called through to the restaurant.

We had a LOVELY table! Yayyyyyy! A lovely big table for 4, all for us :D I was chuffed! And then, our server came over. And I freaked out. His name was Ricardo and I recognized him from countless dining reviews I’d read….he was a legend! He has a blue CM badge which basically means he’s amazing. So if you get Ricardo, you’re in for a good night! He straightaway apologized because he’d taken a while to come over to us, but it had been like 2 mins! Bless him! I told him I had seen his photo online of people saying how amazing a server he is and that I was thrilled he was looking after us! He got really excited bless him and said he was looking forward to the evening! He was honestly so sweet and funny, he couldn’t do enough for us! I ordered a glass of Pinot and Benj got an Angry Orchard. We perused the menu for aaages as we just couldn’t decide! I’d been looking forward to this meal for so long and now the pressure was almost too much! Eventually though, I was there.

We recreated my grumpiness from the bar

PICSNEW298_zpsf1486fcd.jpg

And my happiness of being at YS!

PICSNEW299_zps50a80349.jpg

Ricardo bought us out the bread, another thing I’d been excited for.

PICSNEW295_zps6704c257.jpg

PICSNEW296_zps8f866a58.jpg

But, OH MY GOD did this exceed all expectations. Honestly, make an ADR at YS for the bread alone! You get the most amazing onion popover rolls, which comes with salted butter and slow-roasted garlic bulbs. SLOW-ROASTED GARLIC BULBS. It is slow roasted for 4 hours, until it goes dark and caramely and sticky, and you can literally spread it across bread like butter. Sweet mother of all that is right with this world, is that stuff good. The combination of the onion rolls, the butter and the garlic…well, I was gone. I was in heaven! Ricardo sensed this and bought me out another basket of bread…I love him.

We aren’t sure what’s on Benji’s fork here…possibly just a fork

PICSNEW297_zpsdcaaf766.jpg

For starters, I chose the lobster bisque. It was absolutely incredible! So creamy and tasty with big chunks of buttery lobster in. I was in my element! I ate the entire thing haha so was already feeling preeettyyyy full after having like 4 onion rolls too ooooops.

Oh lobster bisque. The angels truly were singing as I ate this.

PICSNEW300_zps66dcc4de.jpg

Benji chose the cheese plate! He was excited to get this as it’s not always an option on appetizer menus! Ricardo bought out a menu for him to read about all the pairings too. He loved it!

PICSNEW301_zpsdd894bf6.jpg

Helpfully blurred photo of the menu

PICSNEW303_zpsd4ce94c9.jpg

Then came our main courses…and a CLASSIC case of eyes bigger than belly syndrome. Because I wanted the truffle fries and I’d read that the chefs weren’t too keen on guests swapping sides, I decided to get the porterhouse. Which came with the fries. Thing is, I doubt they would have said anything really so I should have just got the ribeye, my fave, and asked to sub in the truffle fries rather than the bone marrow it comes with (vom! ) Ohhhh Libby when will you learn?

PICSNEW305_zps0941833c.jpg

It was mahoosive and delicious but unfortunately I was only able to eat a bit of it. I remember really getting meat overload during this meal as the steak was lovely, but the fries were amazing! And I wanted to carry on eating the bread too!

Benji chose (well, I say chose, he kinda had to…) the Potato Gnocchi, Forest Mushrooms, Black Truffle, Fava Beans and Pea Nectar. He said this was absolutely awesome and he still remembers it now! Success!

PICSNEW306_zps0b574296.jpg

We chatted to Ricardo quite a bit inbetween courses, he literally couldn’t do enough for us. We found out he was a big Beatles fan and we think we might buy something Beatles-y and bring it along when we go next time :D I was horrifically stuffed after all the food I’d shoved into my face, but there was no way I wasn’t trying the peanut butter pretzel cake HELLO! So I ordered the Chocolate-Peanut Cake - Pretzels, Salted Caramel Gelato, and Liquid Ganache and I don’t think I have to tell you it was a life-changer.

PICSNEW308_zpsbc5f38b8.jpg

Benji chose the crème brulee which he loved, but unfortunately I don’t have a photo of! But, he loved it! I feel like I always say we just loved the food but the majority of the time, we did! :D

Oh my goodness, this was such an incredible dinner. It was by far my favourite meal we’ve ever had in Disney (!), everything was just perfect. We gave Ricardo a biiiiig tip and we wrote a cute little thank you note on the receipt, and he wrote thank you back to us! CUTE. We then had to say goodbye :( But we promised we’d be back!

We were so unbelievably full that getting a bus back was simply out of the question. It was very late too, we’d been in there like 3 hours haha! So we went out to the front and asked for a taxi. There were a couple in front of us so we had to wait a bit but it was all good. I’ve written in my notes “Taxi driver was dodge, v odd convo but did reset meter so bit of a bargain” haha! Just asked Benj for explanation and he said yes he was weird, just mumbling about organic vegetables on the way back (?) and suddenly said ‘oh, that’s expensive’ and reset the meter…hmmmm, odd! Fine by me though if we got a cheapy taxi ride!

As ever, it was straight to bed when we got in and probably sweet, sweet dreams of WDW :) <3

The Verdict

This was my favourite meal of the whole holiday, it's a wedding dress!!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

Last edited:
Fairfax Fare

We were at Hollywood Studios this morning! We did TSM first, then a few other rides before getting peckish for breakfast. We weren't really sure what the breakfast options in HS were like, but we did well though as I suddenly remembered Fairfax Fare did breakfast stuff as we walked by, and the menu was handily posted outside for all to see :D It looked just what we needed!

PICSNEW329copy_zps86e462c4.jpg

One Sausage, Egg and Cheese muffin, and one minus the Sausage! Yummmmm. We also got OJ and Nesquik, cause, well, you have to.

Extreme close-up

PICSNEW331copy_zpsbb30ad71.jpg

Less extreme

PICSNEW332copy_zpsbd1469b4.jpg

These breakfast sammies were really nice and also huuuuge, filled us up for hours! I highly recommend if you are in the ToT area and feeling peckish, and enjoy a savoury breakfast!

The Verdict

Nice sammies but not particularly memorable, so it's a

Screenshot2012-01-25at152249.png

Last edited:
Pizza Planet

After a super busy, fun-filled morning at HS we were feeling a bit peckish, so we decided lunch would be our next move. Pizza Planet was close so that was the winer! We wanted pizza and we wanted it NOW! One pepperoni and one veggie, two side salads and two fountain drinks :D Love that DDP!

PICSNEW365copy_zpse3299a2c.jpg

PICSNEW366copy_zpsed552bfa.jpg

PICSNEW367copy_zpsef98a966.jpg

I absolutely adore Disney pizza and really enjoyed this luncharoo. Ben isn't such a fan of Disney pizza for some crazy reason, so he thought it was so-so. We ate upstairs in the restaurant, it’s nice up there and I recommend!

The Verdict

Again, nice food but not particularly memorable! It's a blue dress :)

Screenshot2012-01-25at152249.png

Last edited:
DTD drinks and Wolfgang Puck Express

After a busy day at HS, we decided to go straight to DTD for a wander and to grab some dinner. We also wanted to go to Disneyquest! We got the bus to OKW, and then the boat over to DTD. The boat trip was absolutely looovely. So peaceful and serene! Was nice to pass SSR too and see the treetop Villas :) There was a family of 4 in front of us with two young girls and they were all dressed up for their evening out, was so sweet :)

PICSNEW394copy_zps42c4f7ea.jpg

Beautiful DTD views!

PICSNEW396copy_zps9491e666.jpg

When we got to DTD we went straight to Disneyquest. Now, this was more for Ben than for me, he loves a good gaming sesh but I was just tagging along really. So don't judge me but as I was feeling a bit rough, I decided to get a nice glass of wine to sip while we walked around. It went down a treat!! :)

We stayed for an hour or so and played lots of different games, it was super funs ☺ We then wandered out and into DTD, which had the most amazing atmosphere! We really loooove DTD by night. Everyone in a great mood, music playing everywhere, it was perfect. We went to get drinks at Bongos Cuba stall, to sip whilst we strolled around! Ben got a margarita and I chose a coconut mojito…which I did NOT like. It was like a salad! There was so much mint in there and bits of floating sugar cane, I kept gagging as stuff went up the straw haha! Gross :( I think I gave most of it to Ben, and we all know how rare it is for me to give away alcohol!

We paused to watch a classical quartet play, and I got a bit emotional because they played Pachabel Canon, my favourite ever piece of classical music (used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid and played my Mum’s CD over and over) and the music I’d like to walk down the aisle to. Emotional times! We also saw this AMAZING man dancing like no-one was watching, he was just on his own dancing off to one side! He was wearing a bright orange sequined t shirt and matching shorts…I had to take (bad) photos.

PICSNEW404copy_zpsb65ce2cd.jpg

PICSNEW405copy_zps35bafdb0.jpg

I googled him when I got back to the room (as you do) and sure enough, he is a permanent fixture at DTD and loads of people love him :D Here’s a page with some info if you want to see! His name is Eddy Masarati.

http://galleries.orlandosentinel.com/gallery/os-eddy-maserati-fl-360-20131029

We were both hungry by this point and time was getting on, so we decided to go for dinner :D Wolfgang Puck Express was our dinner choice for this evening, YUM! I was pleased we’d have the chance to eat here for dins, we loved it sooooo much in 2011!

I had to have the same thing I had in 2011, and Ben decided he did too! So I got the four cheese pesto pizza, and Ben got the vegetable pizza. We got fountain drinks, and 2 brownies. Yum!

While we were queuing for our dinalins, we met ANOTHER couple. Jeez, we were chatty Cathy’s tonight! They were really cool with jam packed lanyards, Disney tattoos and Disney clothing. The lady had a DLP t-shirt on and they were American, so we chatted to them for a bit about DLP. She didn’t like it! HAha :D We never meet Americans who don’t like DLP. We spent a few minutes happily abusing DLP (in a loving way, we love it really) and talking about Disneyland, because they’d visited a lot. We then said bye byeeee and went to sit down and wait for our food. Love the service in here, can’t believe it’s still a CS! Without doubt the best bang for your buck on QSDP, VISIT HERE!

Veggie pizza!

PICSNEW406copy_zpsf44e2647.jpg

FOUR CHEESE PESTO MMMMM

PICSNEW408copy_zps8cb14dc5.jpg

Oooooshhhh

PICSNEW409copy_zpsff11ce08.jpg

The Verdict

I love WPE! It's gotta be a:

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

We love YM so much, and how awesome you had Ricardo! We have never had the pleasure of him serving us so you lucked out. The past two times we have dined their the carvers were horrible. I loooove their onion rolls and that heavenly lobster bisque! I could just have that and be content their. Another score at Pizza Planet and WPE, we enjoy both places.

Your meal at YS looks and sounds amazing, it's on our list for our next trip and now I really can't wait :goodvibes

I just stumbled across this report and I am loving it! So far I am only about 4 pages in, but I just wanted to say hello. We are a family of vegetarians (for ethical reasons), and my husband was the first to take the plunge, and then I made the jump slowly as well and our kids are vegetarians, although they don't really know any different because they are little. I joke that if we had not had kids my husband would have been a Sea Shepherd. We also had an awkward Sea World moment like you guys had and that was way before Black Fish :( Although I think it is a nice park, I just have too many mixed feelings and we have never been back. Can't wait to read more and get more ideas for food options for our next trip.

Oh, and yes, you are a crack up with our restaurant chains!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter