Heart says Polynesian, head says Beach Club!

I saw this thread and had to respond. You see, DH and I are Poly lovers! I grew up staying at the Poly (it was the only hotel besides the Contemporary at the time). DH fell in love with the Poly after staying there with me (and our kids) several times.

On our last visit, we decided to be practical and stay at BC. We planned to visit Epcot 3 times during the week (we could walk there from BC), and we had never stayed at an Epcot resort before. "Let's take a chance," I said...

Bottom line is...we had a nice time at BC, but it just isn't the Poly.

If you fall in love with the Poly, she will always be in you heart. For us, the Poly will always be the first choice. Even if it means skipping a year to save up for it!

Enjoy your trip wherever you choose to stay:)

I saw this thread and had to respond. You see, DH and I are Poly lovers! I grew up staying at the Poly (it was the only hotel besides the Contemporary at the time). DH fell in love with the Poly after staying there with me (and our kids) several times.

On our last visit, we decided to be practical and stay at BC. We planned to visit Epcot 3 times during the week (we could walk there from BC), and we had never stayed at an Epcot resort before. "Let's take a chance," I said...

Bottom line is...we had a nice time at BC, but it just isn't the Poly.

If you fall in love with the Poly, she will always be in you heart. For us, the Poly will always be the first choice. Even if it means skipping a year to save up for it!

Enjoy your trip wherever you choose to stay:)

Thanks for your input!
I booked the Polynesian a few days ago and I have to say, I feel really good about it. I looked at tons of pictures of beach club and it seems really nice but Poly is just so much more romantic to me. I will try BC with the kids on my future trips if I don't get totally hooked on the Poly.;)
Plus we are booked for many restaurants on the monorail, including Ohana, KOna Cafe, the Wave, and V&A at GF (for our anniversary). I can't wait!:hyper:

You will NOT regret your choice if the Poly & I'm telling you, you'll be hooked!! Nothing in WDW compares to the views, the ambiance, the staff & the convenience of the monorail ( well except for GF, lol)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Now that I have chose can anyone suggest the best longhouse to stay in when booked in a standard view room.

We loved Samoa as we thought it was very convenient to everything. It's just steps from the GCH, the pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks :thumbsup2. We were on the first floor facing the quiet pool and it was great :goodvibes.

Opposite! The romance of the Polynesian for an adult couple trumps the extra cost. Might be more to do at BC but not more romantic things e.g. Stroll along the beach with a view of the castle with a peek around the wedding chapel and easy access to the other monorail resorts. Romantic memories are priceless. A wish is a dream your heart makes and Polynesian is a dreamy place.

I agree. The BC is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly's atmosphere and seeing the castle from just about anywhere on the Poly grounds :cloud9:.

I booked the Polynesian a few days ago and I have to say, I feel really good about it. I looked at tons of pictures of beach club and it seems really nice but Poly is just so much more romantic to me. I will try BC with the kids on my future trips if I don't get totally hooked on the Poly.;)
Plus we are booked for many restaurants on the monorail, including Ohana, KOna Cafe, the Wave, and V&A at GF (for our anniversary). I can't wait!:hyper:

You won't regret it, the Poly is amazing :wizard:.

You will NOT regret your choice if the Poly & I'm telling you, you'll be hooked!! Nothing in WDW compares to the views, the ambiance, the staff & the convenience of the monorail ( well except for GF, lol)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

You are making me even more excited about staying at the Poly. Thanks

We loved Samoa as we thought it was very convenient to everything. It's just steps from the GCH, the pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks :thumbsup2. We were on the first floor facing the quiet pool and it was great :goodvibes.

I agree. The BC is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly's atmosphere and seeing the castle from just about anywhere on the Poly grounds :cloud9:.

You won't regret it, the Poly is amazing :wizard:.

Samoa seems like a good location but I was worried about noise from the volcano pool. I did not realize that the back side faced the quiet pool. I requested Fiji marina side third floor or Tokelau 2nd or 3rd floor but now I just read on tikiman that those location don't have king beds. Since we are only 2 guests, I am scared they will stick me in another longhouse with kings. However i just checked and Samoa has king beds. I should maybe change my request to this longhouse instead.

We've never stayed at the Wilderness lodge, though everytime we visit, our hearts tell us the next time we come back, we want to stay there. Our heads take over though, and most of the time we end up back at the Poly. We've stayed at the Beach Club only once, and as a comparison room to room, there is no. The Poly's rooms are larger and nicer. The Beach Club's ceilings are lower as well. The Poly is just a nicer, more relaxing facility all around. We tried the Beach Club primarily because of the pool for our daughter. We've stayed at the Poly 4 times and there was no doubt to us that the Bus waits there seem to be much shorter as compared to the Beach Club. We did however stay near the quiet pool at the Beach Club, which made the walk to EPCOT very easy, and that was nice. The boat ride to DHS was nice as well, however we love the Monorail and the Magic Kingdom is our favorite by far and is a park that we visit the most.

Alexsandra said:
Samoa seems like a good location but I was worried about noise from the volcano pool. I did not realize that the back side faced the quiet pool. I requested Fiji marina side third floor or Tokelau 2nd or 3rd floor but now I just read on tikiman that those location don't have king beds. Since we are only 2 guests, I am scared they will stick me in another longhouse with kings. However i just checked and Samoa has king beds. I should maybe change my request to this longhouse instead.

According to Tikimans FB page, there will be some king bed rooms on the 1st and 3rd floors of Fiji.

hookedonears said:
We've never stayed at the Wilderness lodge, though everytime we visit, our hearts tell us the next time we come back, we want to stay there. Our heads take over though, and most of the time we end up back at the Poly. We've stayed at the Beach Club only once, and as a comparison room to room, there is no. The Poly's rooms are larger and nicer. The Beach Club's ceilings are lower as well. The Poly is just a nicer, more relaxing facility all around. We tried the Beach Club primarily because of the pool for our daughter. We've stayed at the Poly 4 times and there was no doubt to us that the Bus waits there seem to be much shorter as compared to the Beach Club. We did however stay near the quiet pool at the Beach Club, which made the walk to EPCOT very easy, and that was nice. The boat ride to DHS was nice as well, however we love the Monorail and the Magic Kingdom is our favorite by far and is a park that we visit the most.

That's good to know about BC. I had thought strongly about staying there this year, just because we have stayed at Poly 3 yrs in a row and I wanted to try a new resort, plus we spend more time in Epcot. In the end, Poly won over. My DH only wanted to stay at the Poly and I love the idea on being on the monorail line. Plus, this will probably be our last time going back before the DVC construction begins.

I was going to vote for the Polynesian, but it looks like you already made up your mind. Great choice! You only live once, so you might as well go with your heart.

We stayed at Poly last year and loved it. Just returned from the YC and we were not really impressed at all. I think you made the right choice. The Poly is very romantic.

I personally love the BC and find the atmosphere very romantic and relaxing. The biggest perk for me is being able to stroll over to the Boardwalk and Epcot (my favorite park)... You'll have to report back after your stay at the Poly. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter