Heart says Polynesian, head says Beach Club!

I would probably choose BC to save $800. :thumbsup2 Plus you'll be closer to nightlife, and things to do outside of the resort itself. The Poly is great, but at BC you'll have more adult fun.

We've stayed at both many times. If it were just me and DH, I'd go with either YC or BWI. I think the Epcot resort area is perfect for adults -- it's very romantic strolling around the boardwalk, and very beautiful. Can't beat the walk into Epcot countries -- great meals and drinks. Boardwalk has some venues that stay open later than the parks -- DH and I used to enjoy a few drinks and appetizers at Espn Club later after the parks closed. The pool at YC has an "upper area" that overlooks the pool and activities. It's a quieter area with chairs and a few tables -- very nice for adults. Neither YC nor BWI have a character meal, so they don't have as many kids and families in the main area. If DH and I went without our kids, we'd choose a resort like this.

Poly is very nice indeed -- we love it there too, but we find it very MK magical, which would only remind me of our kids ;). Might be just me, though...

I've stayed at both, and I think you should stay at the Poly. For 2 adults, I think it has a much more romantic feel than the Beach Club.

One of the most magical moments of our last stay at the Poly, was my morning runs along the pathways between the Poly and the GF. The view of the castle in the early morning light was breathtaking. Perhaps, this would help to ease the lack of on-site gym facilities for your husband. Enjoying a cup of Kona coffee after the run, on the quiet, tropical Poly grounds started every day off perfectly.

THIS....would make me start running :rotfl:

Room only discount is better for two adults (only) in a deluxe.

Personally, I'd go for YC/BC. I really didn't love the Poly with it's spread out atmosphere (when we had a lot of rain....lots of wet walks between buildings) and loved the YC/BC with everything in one building and it's location within walking distance to Epcot and DHS. Plus, I like the lighter breezy decor of the YC/BC to the more muted Polynesian.

Plus I'd love saving $800.

Good luck deciding.

I vote for the Poly now and that you look into renting DVC points to stay at BCV with the kids on a vacation to be taken another time. This may be the only opportunity to stay at the Poly, so jump on it!

And this is coming from someone who owns at BWV. I love the Epcot resort area but if DVC had villas at the Poly, I would be in line to buy the first day they sold contracts!

My husband does like working out at the gym and Beach club wins a point for that over the Poly that seems to have none.

It is only a short walk over to the fitness center at the GF. ;)

I thought it was closed for renovations??:confused3

The Spa was closed for awhile for renovations but the fitness center stayed open and I am pretty sure that the Spa has reopened.

Since the Poly is where you have always wanted to stay and it's just you and your DH for your 10th year anniversary, I would go with the Poly. Also, keep in mind, almost all the longhouses will have been refurbished at that point. We have stayed at the Poly the past 3 yrs and the pool has not been crowded, we stay the 1st week in Sept.

Both Resorts are nice, Poly has a slightly more romantic feel, but YC/BC is close to Epcot and HS and Boardwalk which is nice for early evenings. There are going to be big changes happening around Poly over the next few years so that might influence your decision. For info on those changes, check out tikimanpages. Which parks will you be going to more? What about a Disney Cruise?

My husband and I finally decided to go with the Polynesian after looking at tons of pictures of both resorts. :cool1: We also checked prices and, in the end, it was not that much more for Poly rooms since the 30% discount is not available on garden view rooms at BC anymore. However, we are going to try to stay at BC next trip with the kids. It seems more family oriented resort with the sand bottom pool and Beaches and Cream. Polynesian just has that tropical romantic feeling that we are looking for. Thanks for every ones help. :thumbsup2

Now that I have chose can anyone suggest the best longhouse to stay in when booked in a standard view room.

My husband and I finally decided to go with the Polynesian after looking at tons of pictures of both resorts. :cool1: We also checked prices and, in the end, it was not that much more for Poly rooms since the 30% discount is not available on garden view rooms at BC anymore. However, we are going to try to stay at BC next trip with the kids. It seems more family oriented resort with the sand bottom pool and Beaches and Cream. Polynesian just has that tropical romantic feeling that we are looking for. Thanks for every ones help. :thumbsup2

Now that I have chose can anyone suggest the best longhouse to stay in when booked in a standard view room.

I'm glad you went with the Poly! I would suggest you pick the Tokelau longhouse. We had a standard view, which ended up having a view of the quiet pool. It was nice and close to the food court and not that long of a walk away from the main pool.

We have stayed at the Poly many times. Our last visitwe felt with hit the jackpot with the view - we were also booked in a standard room. We requested Fiji and had a beautiful view overlooking the grounds in front of Luah Cove and the lake. Another great plus was the 1 minute walk to the Grand Ceremonial House. You made a great choice. I am always torn to try another resort and in the past when we did, my heart would always ache to be at the Polynesian :love:

You won't regret choosing the Poly.....it's an awesome resort :goodvibes.

I've stayed a Polynesian Concierge and Yacht Club Concierge. I found the Yacht Club to be "too stiff" for me. I enjoyed the Polynesian themeing a whole lot more.

That said, I know the rates have really gone up. Honestly, the rooms at the Polynesian are just ok. Nothing all that special. It's the rest of the resort that you are paying for. (in my opinion) The rooms (comfort of beds) at Swan are much better in my opinion - but the magical feel is missing.

If I was going to choose, I might try the Beach Club - especially if the price was better. Walking around the boardwalk and Epcot is very romantic. Don't put too much weight on the fact that the Beach Club has a better fitness center (As my now ex husband said, "I've spent all day walking in a theme park..I don't feel like exercising". Good point.)

But, if in your heart you want the Polynesian (and it won't put you in debt) ...go for it because it may be a once in a lifetime trip? If it means being in debt $800 and that is a hardship, choose the Beach Club because you will have a spectacular time there too.

Alexsandra said:

Great choice!!!! I recommend the Fiji longhouse marina view. You have a view of the GCH, back of the volcano pool, and the marina. It's a very short walk to the GCH and also a short walk to the boat that will take you to MK. This past year we had a room on the 3rd floor and we loved relaxing on the balcony with the great view and the resort music playing in the background!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter