Heart says Polynesian, head says Beach Club!

I think the Poly is crazy expensive. There are a lot of great meals you could get for the amount you're spending there. I LOVE the Beach Club and being able to walk to 2 parks is wonderful. You can be inside the gates of Epcot in about 5 minutes. I would probably stay at the BCR over the Poly even if they were the same rate.

I would split and stay at both (but we like split-stays). I have stayed at the Poly, the BC and the YC. YC is more "adult" in a way, but I agree with you that the Poly (with it's gardens, the beach, the hammocks, the fireworks at night...) is a more romantic resort.

for standard rooms i've stayed in tokelau, tahiti, and rapa nui. i like tokelau when we're spending time in the lobby areas (like doing regular breakfasts, using the pool a lot etc...) but still want easy access to the transportation ticket center and bus area. But I really love tahiti and rapa nui when we're there in the cooler months or aren't with a pool going group, have someone with us who has stroller aged children, or are there for things like food and wine in which we'll be doing all our eating inside the park. tahiti and rapa nui are not just quiet but they're close to parking and crazy close to walk to the transportation ticket center. it makes it fantastic for hitting the monorail for either wdw on the express train or directly to epcot without having to change trains. it's also a short walk to the bus station.

I would pick BC hands down. Of course the Poly doesn't appeal to me all that much, but with the Boardwalk and Epcot right there at the BC we would have so much more to do for us. We just stayed there with the kids and more than once did I wish we could take advantage of some time there alone, just the two of us. If I wanted to spend that extra 800 bucks I'd spend it on things we could do together not just our resort.

I would pick BC hands down. Of course the Poly doesn't appeal to me all that much, but with the Boardwalk and Epcot right there at the BC we would have so much more to do for us. We just stayed there with the kids and more than once did I wish we could take advantage of some time there alone, just the two of us. If I wanted to spend that extra 800 bucks I'd spend it on things we could do together not just our resort.

Just playing devil's advocate, but the OP could stay at the Dolphin and save half of that $800. Some times it is the intangibles that make us pick the resort we pick.

I agree!! We have stayed at the BC many times and have never had any desire to stay at the Polynesian (don't really care for its appearance). I would choose the GF over it. Isn't the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot during your stay? BC would be perfect location. Just my opinion! :)

Glad you picked the Poly.....that's really where you want to be....

The kids will love the Bc/YC as its more family themed.....it's so worth deluxe....to be within walking distance to 2 parks is priceless...plus the whole resort is awesome!

Have a great anniversary!

Well, my wheels won't stop turning!?

I have a few options, and would love some insight from you wonderful people:)

I thought I had my trip all set, but now I'm not too sure? A few things have been thrown at me, and now I have another decision to make.

Going in Oct with DH, DS6 & DS3. So, here is my question..

What resorts in this order would you stay at?

1- AKL 5 nights, Beach Club 5 nights & Poly 5 nights

OR

2-AKL 6 nights, Poly 5 nights, and the Grand Floridian Villas for 4 nights?

My kids LOVE to swim, they are fish, so I'm really torn!?

Thanks in advance:)

I think the atmosphere at Poly is breathtaking, however it is clearly in need of major restoration. I do not think it is worth the price now. It absolutely was worth the price many years ago, but now it is obviously weathered. I was just there last week (only for dining) and I thought to myself "I cannot believe they still charge $400+/night for this resort." If you want an MK resort on the monorail try GF. If you plan to spend more time in Epcot, you cannot go wrong with any of the Epcot resorts i.e. BWI, BC, YC. The walk to Epcot is short and convenient! I just spent over a week at BWI and it was fantastic!

I think the atmosphere at Poly is breathtaking, however it is clearly in need of major restoration. I do not think it is worth the price now. It absolutely was worth the price many years ago, but now it is obviously weathered. I was just there last week (only for dining) and I thought to myself "I cannot believe they still charge $400+/night for this resort." If you want an MK resort on the monorail try GF. If you plan to spend more time in Epcot, you cannot go wrong with any of the Epcot resorts i.e. BWI, BC, YC. The walk to Epcot is short and convenient! I just spent over a week at BWI and it was fantastic!

Actually, the Poly is in the midst of a makeover! All the rooms are being redone and from the pictures I've seen they're lovely. I've heard that all the rooms will be complete by fall.

Totally agree with the previous poster, the Poly is not worth the price. I would choose GF, WL or CR over the Poly any day!

The Poly renovation pics do look very nice. I think the brighter colors will definitely help create a "fresher" feeling throughout the resort. I know staying at an MK resort, on the monorail, in one of the original Disney resorts is a true Disney fanatic's vacation.

Totally agree with the previous poster, the Poly is not worth the price. I would choose GF, WL or CR over the Poly any day!

I see a few people mentioning GF, isn't the GF outdated and in need of renovation too? or have they renovated already? From the pictures, the rooms with the floral wallpaper and bedspreads look like they're from the 80s.

I would do a split stay

Finally I am kind of doing a split stay. We are doing Poly for the first 6 days, then going to US for the last two. We have never seen US so decided to give it a try. Harry Potter world here we come;)

IMO the Poly is not worth the extra $800. There are so many more things to do at BC , there are tons of restaurants between BC, YC, & Swan & Dolphin. A 5 min walk to Epcot and a great pool!

Opposite! The romance of the Polynesian for an adult couple trumps the extra cost. Might be more to do at BC but not more romantic things e.g. Stroll along the beach with a view of the castle with a peek around the wedding chapel and easy access to the other monorail resorts. Romantic memories are priceless. A wish is a dream your heart makes and Polynesian is a dreamy place.

Do both. Start at BC and do Epcot, DHS, boardwalk area, Jellyrolls etc...

Switch to Poly (got to AK on your switch day) and then enjoy MK and the whole area.

They move your luggage so a switch without kids is easy peasy!

My husband and I finally decided to go with the Polynesian after looking at tons of pictures of both resorts. :cool1: We also checked prices and, in the end, it was not that much more for Poly rooms since the 30% discount is not available on garden view rooms at BC anymore. However, we are going to try to stay at BC next trip with the kids. It seems more family oriented resort with the sand bottom pool and Beaches and Cream. Polynesian just has that tropical romantic feeling that we are looking for. Thanks for every ones help. :thumbsup2

Now that I have chose can anyone suggest the best longhouse to stay in when booked in a standard view room.

My recommendation as to which longhouse would be different depending on what you want. We are not fans of the western"half" of the resort. If you want to be close to the GCH and pool I would say Samoa or Nuie would be the way to go. If you want really really quiet and a short walk to the TTC than go for Tahiti or Rapa Nui. Our preference is Samoa.Others may be different in their opinions.

My recommendation as to which longhouse would be different depending on what you want. We are not fans of the western"half" of the resort. If you want to be close to the GCH and pool I would say Samoa or Nuie would be the way to go. If you want really really quiet and a short walk to the TTC than go for Tahiti or Rapa Nui. Our preference is Samoa.Others may be different in their opinions.

Which side of Samoa? I was just concerned about all the foot traffic in front of the volcano pool but it seems convenient. How are the views on the quiet pool side?

Most true! Our 2 stays were requested for a monorail view upper floor of AOTEAROA. Plush green gardens below balcony, never saw an an automobile or bus moving or parked. Trees provide sun shade. Elevator lets out on the South end so you are right at the corner of the marina. Convenient! Would ask for same any time we decide on the resort but there are so many others to try next like a monorail view upper floor room on the West side of whatchamacallit Cay at GF. AL-LOOOOOOOOO-ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter