HBO's Game of Thrones Season 5....current episodes, no future spoilers

*long sigh* I was very disappointed with the past two episodes.

Personally, I think Sansa is slowly coming into her own and biding her time. I hope when the time comes she will annihilate Ramsey in some horrid fashion.

I want Ramsay to suffer psychologically. The wolf scenario seems like it would actually penetrate Ramsay's psyche in a terrifying way and allows Sansa to enact it without sinking to his level somehow in my mind. Maybe I've just become bloodthirsty. What am I talking about, for goodness sakes, he's hunted people to death -- among other atrocities.

*long sigh* I was very disappointed with the past two episodes.

Me too. I feel like there is just so much going on and they are trying to have so many different story lines going at once that they are missing stuff. The "fight" scene with Jaime and the 3 girls was pathetic. It was super choreography and very poorly done. I hope it starts to get better because it is really dragging for me this season.

One part I really liked in the last episode, I don't see mentioned on any of the forums I've been reading, is the part where Jaime meets Trystane. LOVED that part of the crappy water gardens clip. Myrcella was like 'uncle Jaime!!!' and he had this look on his face of 'uncle my a**, you little punk...get your paws off my DAUGHTER'. I love me some Jaime...aside from that horrid you-know-what scene with Cersei, next to their dead son, that was NOT in the books but D&D added and it was awful and made no sense.

At first I was so upset with all the diverting away from the books but now I am fine with it...I guess because it is so far off from the books that it's almost like a different story. I'll keep watching but I really really want the next BOOK to come out.

Last edited:
Everyone is all up in arms over the rape of Sansa, but where was the shock, outrage and horror over the torture and mutilation of Theon? Yeah, he sucked as a human, but still graphic and terrible to have his parts cut off.

It's not a documentary folks. None of this happened.

Everyone is all up in arms over the rape of Sansa, but where was the shock, outrage and horror over the torture and mutilation of Theon? Yeah, he sucked as a human, but still graphic and terrible to have his parts cut off.

I honestly did not think it was as bad as everyone said.
I mean was it pleasant? Nope - but didn't you all see this coming? Really?
The books and series are fiction. Life in the series is brutal - as was life in the Middle Ages - which is kind of what it's based on.
There are warnings at the beginning of each show - if you think you're going to be offended or disturbed you don't have to watch.

I thought what happened to Theon was terrible. In fact, it is probably worse because he lost himself completely.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks this is a documentary. It is a successful show. You know it is successful when viewers become so vested in the characters that they can feel things such as outrage. I particularly disliked Joffrey and took a great amount of pleasure in seeing him die in such a gruesome manner. It didn't matter that he is a fictional character. I wanted him to suffer!

I thought what happened to Theon was terrible. In fact, it is probably worse because he lost himself completely.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks this is a documentary. It is a successful show. You know it is successful when viewers become so vested in the characters that they can feel things such as outrage. I particularly disliked Joffrey and took a great amount of pleasure in seeing him die in such a gruesome manner. It didn't matter that he is a fictional character. I wanted him to suffer!
I'm thinking/hoping this is the breaking point for Sansa or Theon?
Maybe he takes down Ramsey? Kind of redeeming himself a little for all the terrible things he's done to the Starks?

I am just going to take a guess about that. With Theon, what happened to him was so over-the-top brutal that it was seen as just purely fiction. It was man brutalizing another man. Something that is seen as it doesn't often happen here in the real world. Where as rape is something very real that happens here in the real world, so it has a more profound affect on people even when you see it happen to a fictional character(look how it affected a poster on the earlier page)

I honestly did not think it was as bad as everyone said.
I mean was it pleasant? Nope - but didn't you all see this coming? Really?
The books and series are fiction. Life in the series is brutal - as was life in the Middle Ages - which is kind of what it's based on.
There are warnings at the beginning of each show - if you think you're going to be offended or disturbed you don't have to watch.

If I recall correctly I read an article where the writers stated just that. That life was hard and brutal.

I'm thinking/hoping this is the breaking point for Sansa or Theon?
Maybe he takes down Ramsey? Kind of redeeming himself a little for all the terrible things he's done to the Starks?

When Myranda was trying to scare Sansa and Sansa said that Winterfell was her home and she would be scared off, I finally thought Sansa was finally going to start standing up to people. Then she just slipped back into back into letting them treat them as they see fit to. After this I really have a hard time seeing her standing up for herself anytime soon.

I am just going to take a guess about that. With Theon, what happened to him was so over-the-top brutal that it was seen as just purely fiction. It was man brutalizing another man. Something that is seen as it doesn't often happen here in the real world. Where as rape is something very real that happens here in the real world, so it has a more profound affect on people even when you see it happen to a fictional character(look how it affected a poster on the earlier page)

If I recall correctly I read an article where the writers stated just that. That life was hard and brutal.

When Myranda was trying to scare Sansa and Sansa said that Winterfell was her home and she would be scared off, I finally thought Sansa was finally going to start standing up to people. Then she just slipped back into back into letting them treat them as they see fit to. After this I really have a hard time seeing her standing up for herself anytime soon.
But see - I (respectfully) disagree. What choices did she really have? How could she have prevented what happened to her? Again - life in the Middle Ages/the series - was and is brutal - especially for women.
I think she knew full well what was probably going to happen and is resolved to do what it takes, to bide her time until she is in a position and has the means to make her move.

It's ironic, the only person in the whole episode (Myranda) that was telling the truth, Sansa didn't believe her.

"Lord Tyrion was kind, he was gentle, he never touched me."

I just wish she could have actually told him this.

Personally I've been very anti Ramsay all along. None of what he's done is acceptable. I find the hunting of people possibly his most vile act, although what he's done to Theon is absolutely horrendous also.

The uproar over Sansa has been caused by many things. First, that was written for the show, so it feels a bit like she's being used as a means to an end to the audience who is aware of that. Second, she's still little more than a child -- actually a minor if following her age in the story. Third, because of the change in Ramsay's standing and the fact that he was able to marry Sansa to give the Boltons a perceived strategical advantage it implies that he's authorized to do what he pleases with her -- that's incendiary.

I think everyone's well aware that it's fictional -- if not, dire wolves, dragons and white walkers just might give the audience some hints along the way. I don't think discussing the plot of the TV show and having thoughts and feelings about it makes anyone foolish for doing so, or suggests that there is any loss of contact with reality going on.

Personally I've been very anti Ramsay all along. None of what he's done is acceptable. I find the hunting of people possibly his most vile act, although what he's done to Theon is absolutely horrendous also.

The uproar over Sansa has been caused by many things. First, that was written for the show, so it feels a bit like she's being used as a means to an end to the audience who is aware of that. Second, she's still little more than a child -- actually a minor if following her age in the story. Third, because of the change in Ramsay's standing and the fact that he was able to marry Sansa to give the Boltons a perceived strategical advantage it implies that he's authorized to do what he pleases with her -- that's incendiary.

I think everyone's well aware that it's fictional -- if not, dire wolves, dragons and white walkers just might give the audience some hints along the way. I don't think discussing the plot of the TV show and having thoughts and feelings about it makes anyone foolish for doing so, or suggests that there is any loss of contact with reality going on.

There are plenty of people up in arms, threatening to boycott HBO or cancel their subscriptions over Sansa's rape. It was to them I was referring.

There are plenty of people up in arms, threatening to boycott HBO or cancel their subscriptions over Sansa's rape. It was to them I was referring.
But yet there was little outrage over Cersei's rape feet away from her son's dead body. People still love Jamie...

It makes no sense to me to be all up in arms over one character because they are "good" and not another because they are "bad". KWIM?

I guess what I'm saying is that you can't pick and choose who is okay to rape and who isn't.

One part I really liked in the last episode, I don't see mentioned on any of the forums I've been reading, is the part where Jaime meets Trystane. LOVED that part of the crappy water gardens clip. Myrcella was like 'uncle Jaime!!!' and he had this look on his face of 'uncle my a**, you little punk...get your paws off my DAUGHTER'. I love me some Jaime...aside from that horrid you-know-what scene with Cersei, next to their dead son, that was NOT in the books but D&D added and it was awful and made no sense.

At first I was so upset with all the diverting away from the books but now I am fine with it...I guess because it is so far off from the books that it's almost like a different story. I'll keep watching but I really really want the next BOOK to come out.

I believe the books are over and now it's George RR Martin working with the writers of the show.

I've read that too. I thought that was a little ridiculous. I don't like what they did to Sansa, but I will wait and see what happens first.

I've been thinking on it a bit, and I'm kind of on the fence about it (no, that does not mean I condone rape). To me the situation is more realistic than any other, even though I was hoping Sansa finally got a back bone and would stand up for herself.

I'm going to wait until the next episode to decide if this scene was necessary though. At the moment I don't feel like it was. The whole thing felt kinda choppy and out of place compared to the rest of the episode. It was just a shock factor to me and it's kind of irritating.

I believe the books are over and now it's George RR Martin working with the writers of the show.

No, the TV writers are adapting his story to create the show. They have been given a rough outline of his intentions going forward so they can continue the show before the books arrive.

The books are far from over. He's got 2 more cooking.

Is it soup yet? I lost track waiting for the last book, assumed I had missed the release & was shocked when I went to order & discovered that it was scheduled to be released and I hadn't missed it. I'm hoping the reception to 4 & 5 and all the discussion the show has generated have encouraged him to reign things in a bit and take a hard look at editing. While I love the lush details and the way he hides important bits in a lot of that, he got a little lost in 4 & 5 and a good editor would have helped.

I've read that too. I thought that was a little ridiculous. I don't like what they did to Sansa, but I will wait and see what happens first.

I've been thinking on it a bit, and I'm kind of on the fence about it (no, that does not mean I condone rape). To me the situation is more realistic than any other, even though I was hoping Sansa finally got a back bone and would stand up for herself.

I'm going to wait until the next episode to decide if this scene was necessary though. At the moment I don't feel like it was. The whole thing felt kinda choppy and out of place compared to the rest of the episode. It was just a shock factor to me and it's kind of irritating.

As high as GOT has been riding, they will very much crash and burn the show if they have used this as a plot point shock factor. Cannot imagine this change was a surprise to Martin. He's an experienced author and screenwriter whom I think would have advised against that. My fear is this will be Theon's story & they are viewing it as repairable damage when Theon is redeemed and reunites with Sansa.

The episode was trash. All the scenes in Dorne were cringeworthy. Jamie and Bronn reminded me of the movie Ishtar. Walking into the water garden, a royal palace, and they find Myrcella in seconds. The Sand Snakes are dispatched like a gang of Flying Monkeys. The fight scene itself was one of the most awkwardly choreographed scene on film.

I am outraged that Sansa had to marry Ramsey in the first place. This entire plot doesn't make sense. If Littlefinger's motivation was just to wait and see who would win Winterfell, the Boltons or Stannis, then why involve Sansa at all.

I fold it hilarious when Cersei says why should she care about Winterfell when it's 1000 miles away. Littlefinger's seemed to cover that distance in a couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter