HBO's Game of Thrones Season 5....current episodes, no future spoilers

I've been re watching the last few episodes from last season this week. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm not going to watch. I've read all the books, several times, and watched every episode. I want to read the books first. So, I'm joining the ranks who have given up on the show until GRRM finishes the next book.

I seriously can't wait. The "Wheel" promo on demand was awesome.

I started to read the books, but I had to stop because I had JUST watched season one and was so bored since it was virtually the same thing at that point.

I'm not going to watch. I've read all the books, several times, and watched every episode. I want to read the books first. So, I'm joining the ranks who have given up on the show until GRRM finishes the next book.

Heres the thing, from what I have read, season 5 is really going to start differ from the books.

Heres the thing, from what I have read, season 5 is really going to start differ from the books.

Yes. GRRM has stated in a few interviews that the show will start to go in a different direction. The shows producers have backed that up as well. I'm still stuck on the 3rd book, so I have no clue how much it will vary. They've followed pretty closely for the first few seasons.

I love it when the show varies from the books, though. It helps keep things exciting for those of us who have read all the books! (And, if I'm going to be totally honest--and I never say this--but I think the show is better than the books.)

My friends and I do a weekly Game of Thrones night with themed food and drink. Tonight's menu: meat pies, lemon cakes, and plenty of red wine to go around. It's gonna be fun! :banana:

Books are a thousand times better than the show. I was on the fence, but I think I will watch. I think the show is really going to turn from the books this season.

After watching the season one premiere, I noped on out of the show because I'd read the books and was all "meh, been there, done that." Then I did a re-read of the series in January and embarked on an epic bingewatch and now I am That Person who is annoying the heck out of everyone in my house by doing an hourly episode countdown today.

I love it when the show varies from the books, though. It helps keep things exciting for those of us who have read all the books! (And, if I'm going to be totally honest--and I never say this--but I think the show is better than the books.)

My friends and I do a weekly Game of Thrones night with themed food and drink. Tonight's menu: meat pies, lemon cakes, and plenty of red wine to go around. It's gonna be fun! :banana:

You have inspired me, I am heading out to buy ingredients for meat pie, dire wolf bread loaf, and lemon cakes

I am in love with this show. I just ordered book 1 for my kindle. Will I not like it after having watched the show?

zqiiizvq6rtlw6f1s2no.gif

So, is one difference from the books about Mance's baby? Doesn't seem like there will be a baby in the show???

Writers mentioned they are going away from the books. So looks like there will be many differences.
I don't like that. I love the books and will be irked to see them stray. There are some characters the show could eliminate because, as we know, our friend (GM), likes to ramble sometimes and add character after character. Otherwise, I wish the show would follow closely to the books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter