Have you put the heat on yet?

It was 84 degrees today. The air conditioner just popped on at 8:00 p.m. We're forecast to get to 90 by next weekend. We're not even sleeping with blankets yet. We're just sweating it out and praying for rain. So no. No furnace yet.

Still running the AC. Just now turned it off and it's after 11:00pm. It's been in the low 90s for weeks and weeks. We will finally start cooling off tomorrow with a predicted high of 79.

The upside to all this is that I look a hell of a lot better in my fall/winter wardrobe than my summer one! Got a few compliments today at work.:love: I love the winter styles and being a little more covered up in the office.

Yes, briefly in the mornings to take the chill/dampness (we live in a rural area on a lake) out. We've actually had the heat on in September. MIL was here from the South recuperating from an illness so she didn't have to go to a nursing home/rehab center. While we thought it was beautiful out (low 70's during the day and 50's at night) she was freezing so we had to put the heat on for her.

I had to turn it on this morning. It was 50-55 here today and I have been waiting for the cool weather, but this time last year I was 135 lbs heavier, and I didn't really think about how that would affect me in terms of fall/winter weather...walked outside today and thought I had entered the Arctic Circle. I went to Walmart and was shivering down the aisles, got the weirdest looks :laughing: I don't remember 55 degrees being this cold, but next time I will leave the house with mittens and a scarf...o_O
That's amazing. Congrats! I bet that took a lot of dedication and hard work

It was 64 in the house yesterday morning (upper 40's outside) and I was shivering, so on it went.

I did last night. It's been downpouring and went down to 42 overnight, and the high today is 49. Once Joaquin passes, we'll be back in the low 70's.

DH sent me a text this morning from work and said he had turned the heat on from the app on his phone because it was 61 in the house. DS was sick and run ing a fever yesterday and last night, and he didn't want him to get up to a cold house. I was sleeping and didn't realize it was cold. We will turn it off again if it warms back up like it is supposed to this week.

No way! It's much too early!!! Boston area here. Up until yesterday it's been unseasonably warm here but it is rainy,raw and cold today! However, we never turn on our heat this soon. Traditionally, we turn it on October 31st in the afternoon. That way if it's cold out while we're out trick or treating that night, we have a nice warm house to come home too. For the month of October we wear sweaters and use our fleece throws to snuggle up and stay warm.

It's currently 58 degrees outside, I have the windows open, I am enjoying the steady and heavy breeze. It will be down in the 40s tonight. We won't turn on the heat until November, I'm too cheap to turn it on before them. In the meantime I will bake and we have loads of blankets.

I'm with you guys. It was 45 outside when I got up this morning, but indoors it's fine. Yes, we are wearing our socks and sweats, but the heat's not on. We aim to NOT turn the heat on until November 1st at the earliest- until then it's sweats, TV-blankies, quilts/blankets on the bed, etc. Oil's expensive, and this is a big, old, poorly insulated house. Even in the dead of winter, the thermostat never goes about 58 degrees- it's just too expensive. It's always amusing to read these threads, though, and see what some people consider freezing and others consider tolerable!

It has been raining here in MA for the past few days and I am trying to stick it out a few more days til we turn the heat on. It is definitely hard since it feels like an icebox. Currently 63 in the house.

We sure have - it's snowing here this morning. Actually, our furnace runs all summer long as it is very common for the temperatures to drop into the low 40's or even high 30's overnight at any time, even when our daytime temps are in the 80's. (I keep our thermostat set at 20C - which is 68 for summer overnights. As we move into colder days I turn it up to 22C - which is just a little under 72.)

I wish it were cold enough here to turn the heat on! I can't wait for the cold.. I want sweater weather. It's 77 here today (Orlando) which is the lowest it's been. It'll be back up to 90 by Friday :(

No heat yet. It's cloudy, cool and really windy out today. I actually have the windows open. I LOVE IT!!! My husband just had this conversation with his sister the other day. She doesn't do the cold very well and turned her heat on. He told her that we don't even turn the heat on until the end of October to sometimes into November. I love the cooler weather.

I'm with you guys. It was 45 outside when I got up this morning, but indoors it's fine. Yes, we are wearing our socks and sweats, but the heat's not on. We aim to NOT turn the heat on until November 1st at the earliest- until then it's sweats, TV-blankies, quilts/blankets on the bed, etc. Oil's expensive, and this is a big, old, poorly insulated house. Even in the dead of winter, the thermostat never goes about 58 degrees- it's just too expensive. It's always amusing to read these threads, though, and see what some people consider freezing and others consider tolerable!

We have natural gas heat and the cost is not super high but I hate to run it too much because it dries out my skin. Plus we have a lovely 100+ year old home and we've had it insulated so it stays pretty warm. I'd personally rather deal with colder temps that hot temps anyway, good thing I live in northern Ohio as the great lakes region is slightly cold. Our windchill is in the 30s today, the real temps are finally out of the 40s.

It's 53 outside, 66 inside and I am enjoying the cloudy fall day put on some fleece, and grab a cup of hot cider... loving it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter