Have you put the heat on yet?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Boy October came quick! I haven't yet, but we are getting close! It is 49 degrees, dark, windy and rainy and the house is 65. I don't do 65 in the house very well.. I did just turn the gas fireplace on, however. Is that cheating?

How about you guys?

I just did it about an hour ago. Came home and it was 69, cold, and damp feeling in my house (plus I was standing outside at Arlington Cemetery for 20 minutes in the driving rain for a funeral). Chilled to the bone!

I will be when I go home from work tonight. ::yes::
When I came home for lunch the house was 65 degrees and freezing!!!!:cold:
I'm so not ready for winter :sad2:

Glad I am not alone. Could be a looong winter if it starts this early.

Glad I am not alone. Could be a looong winter if it starts this early.

Not sure where you are but we are smack in the middle of a Nor'Easter, so we've got wind and rain. Supposed to be back into the 70s next week after Joaquin passes.

Live in Ontario, and my goodness, I still have the fan on.

Mind you, it's finally cooling down, but the house is still perfect temperature. We had an unseasonably warm September.

Our building hasn't turned the boilers on yet, so no. :) But we are on the 10th floor so I don't expect it to get too chilly in there.

We probably won't turn the heat on until it drops below 50. We may burn some wood in the fireplace but that's just because I think it's pretty. We like the house cold but do have electric blankets for the kids' beds.

It is 68 in the house right now, and I am loving it. No heat yet, if it won't stay 65 or higher in the house, will probably be turning it on.

We're rejoicing that the temp is supposed to remain below 100F today. Yes, we're still using the A/C.

Yes, briefly the last two mornings when the external temp was in the mid 30's. Just enough to drive the cold out.

I'm trying to not put the heat on yet. It is 69 right now in my house so I think if it gets much colder I may have to. We are in the middle of the east coast storm right now. I think the wind is supposed to pick up later. I did have the heat on in the car today.

Boy October came quick! I haven't yet, but we are getting close! It is 49 degrees, dark, windy and rainy and the house is 65. I don't do 65 in the house very well.. I did just turn the gas fireplace on, however. Is that cheating?

How about you guys?

No way! It's much too early!!! Boston area here. Up until yesterday it's been unseasonably warm here but it is rainy,raw and cold today! However, we never turn on our heat this soon. Traditionally, we turn it on October 31st in the afternoon. That way if it's cold out while we're out trick or treating that night, we have a nice warm house to come home too. For the month of October we wear sweaters and use our fleece throws to snuggle up and stay warm.

It's currently 58 degrees outside, I have the windows open, I am enjoying the steady and heavy breeze. It will be down in the 40s tonight. We won't turn on the heat until November, I'm too cheap to turn it on before them. In the meantime I will bake and we have loads of blankets.

I'm in western Canada in central BC. I've had the heat on since September 1st. We've had a few nice days since then but it's been chilly and frosty in the mornings.

Nope. It's only 50 and rainy but I have the windows cracked. We keep the heat between 62-68 so it'll need to get colder before the heat comes on.

It is in the high 70s here, so nope. It is supposed to jump to the 80s next week. Not excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter