Have you ever been fingerprinted?

Have you ever been fingerprinted?

• Yes. (For a job, adoption, etc.)

• I should say not!

• Other- Yes, but I didn't do it I tell you!

• Other, Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep. For my current job. But once I had a job where I had to get a retinal scan... To get into the server room. Yeah that employer was a little paranoid.

Yes, for my job as a substitute teacher. The second time, I needed a public service drivers license for my group home job, and that required fingerprinting as well. I am kind of uncomfortable about it, not because I've ever done anything wrong, but I hate to be in the fingerprint databases, just in case of possible errors.

I had to be fingerprinted to get my original (and to renew/upgrade to a lifetime) Concealed Carry Permit. I guess that could qualify as a job need since I get to carry on the job too.

I don't remember if I had to get my prints ran when I got licensed as a teacher, although I did have to pay for/submit to a background search.

Yes for a job at a bank.

I always joke with my parents that if I ever go missing that my fingerprints are on file with the FBI. I think that is the agency the bank sent them too. Or the Secret Service...not sure which.

When I was in the first grade our whole school was fingerprinted.

No, I've never had a situation that required it. And quite frankly, I'm glad. I just don't like the idea of my fingerprints being on file. I don't know exactly why since I have no intentions of committing a crime, it just seems like it's an invasion of privacy for some reason.
Having said that I would certainly do it if I needed to for a job or another important reason. I'm just not crazy about the idea, lol.

Girl Scout leaders & volunteers are now required for finger printing - and I think before that to be a Notary

FULL prints 11 times:
4 preschools/daycares I worked at
1 time being approved for in home child care
2 school districts I worked in
2 churches I volunteered with children in
1 girl scout summe camp I worked at (never as "just" a leader--not even this year, maybe that is by council:confused3)
1 library I worked at

plus a dozen or so times having ust one finger/thumb taken for various things (often travel related).

Yes, 2 airline jobs and 2 police dept jobs. I think both the airline ones were ink, the other two electronic.

Hay it keeps us safe so why not. I have to be finger printed for my job. we need to be safer

Every time we enter the US we have to give fingerprints of both our hands and an iris scan.
And no we don't mind. :thumbsup2

Yes - I'm a teacher and was finger printed 7-8 years ago. Every 5 years so or the state of Maine re-runs my prints to make sure I can still be in a classroom. My school is currently undergoing a renovation and even the construction workers had to be finger printed since they are working in a school.

I've been fingerprinted so many times (all job related)

Child care -- 2X
Teachers Aide- 2X
Church Aide- 1X

Electronically:

Teacher -1x- four different districts-
Federal Government background check- 1X

A lot with my job for the schools and a few times when we were adopting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter