Have I inadvertently stopped understanding the English language?

hER3 tRy R3aDIN9 Th1$! tHI5 83 LEE+ DONT J00 kNOw 3VErY0n3 TYpe5 L1kE tHIS n0w? 1t'$ Wh@T'5 n3W 4nD c0ol! Yo $ee mY AWE$0M3 5KILlZ?? yuP 5k1lLZ

Uh, yeah... Maybe the staff is seeing that vmk is making everyone dumber, so we are not allowed to dictionary dance!;)

AdioSkater said:
Wat is wrng with chu!? front, every1 types goods and nice. I don'ts understand when you say peeps type bads. can you pls helps me understands?! Tys. srry!

LOL wow it was very difficult for me to type like that. I have noticed that instead of real numbers, people are using words like to or tea. I have caught myself doing it a few times. I think vmk is making all of us dumber.

Haha Skater! You're learning the language of Alien and I! I'm so proud... :rotfl: (And I know darn well how difficult it is to write like that!! -- Just ask Alien how long it takes for me to respond :rotfl2: )

I don't understand why some people, on the game and elsewhere tend to substitute "I" with "me". They'll say something like "me like cheese" instead of "I like cheese." It makes absolutely no sense. Especially since the word "I" is completely allowed. Whenever I catch people doing that I'm always like "why can't you use 'I' like a normal person??"...but I never get any response. Sigh.

Also, I HATE "plz". If someone asks for something, the minute they start up with the "plz plz plz plz" their chances of getting it from me are completely gone.

I don't know. For all the "values" that VMK is trying to teach kids, spelling, grammar, and proper speaking are not among them. I know that if you spell a word wrong it won't let you put it through, but the fact that everyone dictionary dances I think has ruined some of the young childrens' perceptions of proper spelling of basic words like "two".

Loves Disney said:
Haha Skater! You're learning the language of Alien and I! I'm so proud... :rotfl: (And I know darn well how difficult it is to write like that!! -- Just ask Alien how long it takes for me to respond :rotfl2: )

LOL just reading the posts that you two make gives me a headache. It is funny but very confusing.

So tihs ins't a good tmie to birng up taht wlhoe olny nniedeg the frist and lsat leterts tnigg, fnort?

Actchualy there iz talk to change the way we spell to phuneticly, bekaus english is much harder to learn to spell then other languages that spell that way. I red a story about it the other day. To bad I cant tipe that way though.

i totaly hat is when ppl dont use punctation n have all these crzy spelling mistake goin on it is completly annyin i mean i hat not bein able to understnd wat ppl are sayin it compleyt takes the pint away it makes me so mad how bout u

....Just kidding. :rotfl2:

I haven't read the whole thread. So I bet doing that on purpose is so old by now, that it has become really obnoxious. Sorry guys :rolleyes:

i'm part fo the problem! sorry! i can't make a post without saying ppl or plz or something else.

You have obviously never been to video game websites where some people who think it is hilarious to be using 133t. z0/\/\g, th3y p\/\/nd u n00b. r0f1c0p+3r. one 1111111111 one

Or the blatant misspelling that some people have done on this thread already. oH lok at teh noob woh jist pwned hisself fir speking. rofl lololololololololololol. :confused3

I especially love to see it in the political, religious, or other hot topic debates on the CB and it completely discredits their entire point. :rotfl2: It is like a train wreck. You have to watch. I wish I had a link to this one who was typing like a five year old.
h@\/3 fu/\/ @11!

macntosh said:
Actchualy there iz talk to change the way we spell to phuneticly, bekaus english is much harder to learn to spell then other languages that spell that way. I red a story about it the other day. To bad I cant tipe that way though.

I've heard of that! I have also heard that there are classes in college that teach it...

...quick, enroll me into THAT class! :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Loves Disney said:
I've heard of that! I have also heard that there are classes in college that teach it...

...quick, enroll me into THAT class! :rolleyes: :rotfl2:
No thanks. I'll keep my somewhat proper English, please.
I'd much rather enroll in an actual foreign language class like German, Japanese or Russian. I'd even be interested in getting back into Chinese.

But never the leet or so called phonetic spelling classes.

No, no, cteddiesgirl, it is 133t, not leet. Gosh, what is coming to today's internet! :rotfl2: Don't people know how to talk on the internet. :rotfl2:

cteddiesgirl said:
No thanks. I'll keep my somewhat proper English, please.
I'd much rather enroll in an actual foreign language class like German, Japanese or Russian. I'd even be interested in getting back into Chinese.

But never the leet or so called phonetic spelling classes.

Well I, personally, was only kidding lol. ;)

Loves Disney said:
Well I, personally, was only kidding lol. ;)

There are actually phonetics courses in college. I took a number of them, since I was an Anthropology major who strongly considered minoring in Linguistics. There's specific phonetic alphabets, that, in Anthro are mostly used for transcribing languages that are being learned/observed. The only problem with this is that there are many different official phonetic alphabets, depending on where you are and such. I ended up learning one version for one class, and then a later class had some differences. It was fun though.

moikturtle said:
There are actually phonetics courses in college. I took a number of them, since I was an Anthropology major who strongly considered minoring in Linguistics. There's specific phonetic alphabets, that, in Anthro are mostly used for transcribing languages that are being learned/observed. The only problem with this is that there are many different official phonetic alphabets, depending on where you are and such. I ended up learning one version for one class, and then a later class had some differences. It was fun though.

I know there are...(I was kidding about enrolling in it lol). That is pretty awesome what you did! Very interesting... ;)

Nanoer said:
hER3 tRy R3aDIN9 Th1$! tHI5 83 LEE+ DONT J00 kNOw 3VErY0n3 TYpe5 L1kE tHIS n0w? 1t'$ Wh@T'5 n3W 4nD c0ol! Yo $ee mY AWE$0M3 5KILlZ?? yuP 5k1lLZ

Let's hear it for 133t! :cool1:

Oh, and allow me to introduce everyone here to my 2 best friends:
. and , - use them... please. They help prevent headaches. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter