• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunting the Magic Oct 29, 2011 (Western) The Pre-Scare Report

Thanks for all the info! I am sorry things have been tough lately, but the good news is the cruise will be here soon. I just joined the meet--just found this site!
You are brave travelling with 2 little ones but they are so much fun. I still have fond memories of a trip I took with just my son when he was about 8. He is now 12 and all grown up. LOL I have a long way to go in planning after reading your report but I have booked a dolphin swim and ruins excursion for the family and a Palo dinner for dh and I. There were no teas or brunches left:confused3

jastza welcome!!!!

I know things are really tough..but you know I'm creative enough and resourceful to still be able to enjoy this cruise...so yea I'm sadden by everything that's going on but I still have a job right now so you know...I'm going to save save and save...and only buy what is absolutely necessary. Because on top of that I have christmas and christmas is very important to me and although I already have some christmas presents stashed away...I have $50 gift card for walmart I can use for presents and I'm hoping that I can find a used F150 Car (for my boys)...its $300 but if I can find one for $150...that will be great..I'm also going to buy them a fishtank with fishes...miguel wants a lizard..but I don't know about that.

anyways!! on to the pre-tight budgeted plans

So My mother said she might pay for my boatswain ticket..which is $45 for me, and the boys are free...and if I do it online, I get 20% off!!

I'm still doing Palo Dinner on boarding day and I'm still doing palo brunch so far. :)

If I can get a TEA I will do that as well.

I received my Cruise Documents yesterday and I am soooooo :banana: happy...

I have finished cutting out my magnets and all I need to do is peel and stick the magnets to the photos. I used photo paper so I don't need to laminate so many..that will save me some $$

I am half way done with my FE gifts...I had to cut back on what I wanted to give which realllllly sucked...so Right now its only one item per cabin...and I'm going to get the kids all good candy!!

I am participating in our meets Postcard exchange..and I bought some from walmart that were cool a long time ago...I think they were like $0.80 each...its the Florida License plate!!

I am still searching for a suitcase..worse case is I'll have to use my moms and they are like 26" and that means I'll definitely have like 6 suitcases to check in. but we're driving so its not too bad..I just didn't want to have alot of carry ons...

Right now I'm carrying on bookbag/purse, a bookbag of 24pack bottled water.

We will go on in our bathing suits...

I am still debating if I want to go through the hassle of making "special" on board tshirts.

So I called DCL and they still have decided on what to do with halloween...but if they move it to key west day, I guess that'll free my evening up on monday night. SO maybe I'll eat at topsiders that day. I don't know. It all depends on where I can get lobster from...lol..

take lots of video and pics:goodvibes.

glad 2 c u received your travel docs.

looks like you are well on your way to a wonderful adveture.popcorn::
Details tho - we want details......

at the appropriate time of course.
family comes first.:goodvibes

Hey.....here is a rated D for Disney Mom joke for you:

There was once a very nice young lady walking down Magic Kingdom's Main Street USA when suddenly she spies Winnie the Pooh.

She thows open her arms wide and loudly proclaims to Pooh:

"I Love You!!."

Winnie, not to be deterred -
looked to the left
and
looked to the right.

Then with all the might Pooh
Bear could muster
said a said ever so softly
that only the lady could hear.

A comment of:

"MOM....SHUSH!!!!":lmao:

(p.s. I wrote back to her and said, 'hey...I didn't know Winnies Mom was a human being;)).

T.T.F.N.

Good Morning!
I hope all is going well.
Are the boys excited about the trip?
I am also hoping to get a reservation for a tea or brunch when we get on board.
What kind of magnets do you have?
Are they pics you made into magnets?

Aww thats a cute joke!

So far I am prepping my oldest (Miguel) about the cruise...he's already excited about halloween. he's also excited about seeing Max..since we saw him on the Wonder..I'm assuming he'll be on the Magic.

We'll decorate this weekend for halloween.

I found some cool halloween disney candy..so I'm hoping that I can buy a few things this weekend. I can't believe we are just 4 weeks away!

My FE's are not done..but I hope to get most accomplished this weekend.

Jatza: the magnets I make from Disigns I have requested here on the Disboards (under creative disigns)...I also have a ton of magnets from last year, so I didn't print but only 50 this time..i know that is still alot of magnets..but I love decorating our door. There are a few things at Michaels that are $1 that I might buy (like pumpkins, spiderwebs, spiders) and stick magnets on the back of as well.

I have to fix my FE as its the one I used last year..I have to take off my step-sisters name..I hope I don't mess it up..and I made it so big last year but oh well!

I'm really debating on the stroller thing...last year I brought the double stroller. I hated that thing..the wheels kept getting stuck in the doorways, and into chairs..but I;'ve been using the winnie the pooh kid leash (LOL) on my little one, Manuelito and he's been doing well with it. The only time I think I'll need a stroller is when we go to Boatswain. Other than that..I can use the wagons at CC. we'll see because waiting in line with the kids is a pain in the butt. anyways, I think I just made up my mind while typing this out...i'm bringing the double stroller. I just remembered when we were in line to board the boat..I needed the stroller.

I'm still frantically looking for a used suitcase..I mean I can buy one for $50 at walmart (the biggest one they got)..ugh I'll give it 2 weeks.

Other than that just praying that things stay good at my job..

On top of everything, I will be starting classes on Oct 10th for phlebotomy/ekg. Mon & Wed Nights. Its a 12wk course...but I have to prepare myself for the worse at my job..and I sort of got a side gig where if I had my phlebotomy license I can get real work. I do something for them that has nothing to do with bloodwork like once a month..anyway...have to be proactive vs reactive.

I got kids and a Disney habit to fee lol :) :hippie:

no we didn't set one up...but I think some of us want to get the kids together so they can all trick or treat together...you know I'm going to post a reminder about that on the dismeet..

Skyler..some of the folks are waiting for room numbers....

So i am using my mother's suitcases..they are not that big. Well I took out all the clothes we are going to use for the cruise...two things:

1. I have to really figure out how to pack all this.
2. I don't have enough "dressy" clothes..

well...I'll just have to bring extra $$ for laundry in case I dirty my outfits..because I will be wearing something twice..or somethingssss twice.

as for my kids..they'll have to wear casual clothes to dinner.

As far as the casual clothes to dinner, My son and husband will be casual i guess. I read somewhere that they are not supposed to wear jeans to dinner, I am lucky if I can get them into a polo shirt and jeans-- to them that's dressed up ;)

Sorry to hear about the job but glad you got severence. Seems you had a clue this would happen and are prepared. Good thing you are ready to transition to something new. Like you said with a Mouse addiction and two boys to feed you have to have an income:rotfl2:

I am still short one suitcase too. I think I will try to borrow one. My dh thinks we can share one suitcase---that is not going to work!!!:confused: I think I need 2 lol.
He can share with ds zac. He keeps saying they have laundry on the ship and I keep thinking who is going to do it---not me:laughing:

Have a great day!

Kathie...I did laundry on the 4 day..and what a pain that was....so I might end up having to use the facility again..I packet enough clothes...I will have 3 suitcases, 3 big duffle bags. And I will have probably 3 bags to carry ON..I know..that's why I needed the largest suitcase...I can kick myself for tossing my old one!!! :scared1:

You know its so funny because my father is going to help me with my classes I'm taking..and he said well Mari..this means no going to Disney for awhile..I said Dad..I don't even spend alot of money at Disney..He said yea right how do you not spend money..I said I can go the whole day and spend $ just on parking...I pack food for the whole day...I was pleaded my case like a little kid.

That's when you know you got an addiction...34 yr old grown mother of two..begging her Dad not to chastize her for going to WDW...he doesn't know about the cruise :rolleyes1 but hey that was paid for before all this happened..right!! :littleangel:

Oh I found Mickey Mouse trick or treat pale for Manuelito at walgreens for $4.99..so now both of the boys have one.

I also bought an ORANGE tee for Manuelito at Target..very expensive I think ($5) but I'm going to make our boarding shirts afterall since I have 3 dark transfers left!!! :yay:

I also bought little mickey pumpkin light spinners from walgreens $2.99 each.

and some Disney halloween candy for the kids in my FE group.

I cannot believe the time is almost here...

I have the suitcases filled with clothes in my room..all the shoes are in the bag...lol..I'm nutz.

all I can think about is next week!!!!

so the plan is Wednesday Legoland, THursday MNSSHP, and Friday Seaworld!!!!!!!!!then onto Port Canaveral.

Im buying my MNSSHP tickets as we speak...and I will be reserving my rooms for the week...soooo excited!!!!

I'm somewhat packed just gotta look through everything again and make sure I want to take what I want to take...

I will probably update this if there's any changes to my plan..but otherwise..

I should be in Winter Haven at 9am on Wednesday!!!:wizard:

YOU ARE GOING TO BE ON THE MAGIC IN 3 DAYS! (today does not count) LOL

I wish you safe sailing with the storm out there, but I believe Disney will never do anything to put its guests in danger..:thumbsup2 What do you think of the revised itinerary?? Does it differ alot from what it was?

The new itinerary is very different but I am sure we will be happy just to be on vacation---as far as plan or excursion changes we are in the same boat lol:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter