Haunting the Magic Oct 29, 2011 (Western) The Pre-Scare Report

Hi MommaMouse,

I'm so glad I subscribed to your thread. I have discovered so much information I didn't know was out there.

I have even found someone who posted information about the room we have been assigned on the cruise which was such a relief since I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good room or not.

I have ordered some artwork from some of the DISigners for our room magnets, t-shirts and invite letters for my daughter to lunches and dinners while at WDW.

After I saw your post about the sale at Disney I ended up going to one we have here (which is very limited) but did find a couple of things for my daughter. Sunglasses ($1, hats $2.50, bathing suit $7, bathing suit cover-up $10, water bottles with the attached coozi and lanyards $4 (I hope these will be good for our trip to WDW).

I got some ideas for FE gifts from reading several of the other threads. I've been looking all over for Disney material to try and make my FE hanger but as of yet haven't found anything I am interested in. I did however find some old material around the house that we are going to use for a practice run and if it comes out decent I will use it to hang in my DD's room to put some of her art supplies in. When I get it finished I'll post some pictures if interested.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the FE exchange. I guess it will depend on the total number of people participating. I don't know if I will do a bunch of little things or a big gift for each room. I've read some post where they had over a hundred people participating in the FE exchange. (Sounds like fun but will also add up in cost). For us, we are on a very tight budget so this could be a problem if it gets to be too many people.

I know you are also the FE exchange keeper for our cruise in October so is there a time frame for when the FE list closes? Is there generally a set number of participants accepted?

Well I guess I have rambled enough for tonight. Hope you have a great week. I'm sure I will be posting more during the next couple of weeks.

Higgins! I'm glad you are finding this informative as thats why I do it..I know how it is to be on a budget...despite all my shopping sprees...I am always on a budget..if I wasnt I wouldn't be able to do the things I want to do like go to Disney & DCL...

I definitely want to see pictures of finished FE...I keep telling myself I'm going to use the same one I did last year..but I know how I am..when it gets closer to the date I'm going to want to make a new one. :rolleyes1

also we'll probably cut if off in Sept some time (FE List)

as for FE"s ...don't go crazy with the gifts. maybe do 1 item per cabin and some candy for the kids since it is halloween.

I'm making my gifts. I came up with another idea..I"m doing one gift per cabin, and those with kids the girls will get a homemade item and some candy, and the boys will get a not homemade item and some candy, and other little gifts I am finding for $1.00 or under. But even the homemade items I'm making...all under $1.00..I just had to buy the supplies I needed.

Dollar Tree/Michaels/Target/Walmart are my shopping places. I already know what I'm getting the boys in the Cruise meet.

so this weekend since it was father's day, I tried to stay away from the boys so their dad can have their quality time. Even though we are not together, he prefers to be in my house with the kids since they have all their stuff there..just one of those things...anywayyyyyy...so I went to a ball game on Saturday...and it was fun. I was tired though. Its funny I can go from open to close at Magic Kingdom and wake up for a 9am ressie the next day with no problems...:confused3 but anything else I'm always sleepy or tired.

Well I also decided I needed to start on my FE project...and I only did a prototype of what I'm making and it came out good. I don't have a clue about decorating..but I think for the very lowly amateur skills that I don't have, I did okay...I want to post but I don't want my DisMeet Mates to see it. If you want to see what I made then you can PM me, and if you are not in my meet, I'll send you the images. I really liked them.

But I also went shopping again. I had some xtra $$ so what did I do..spent it on Disney Cruise stuff..

I alway go to Thrift stores/consignment stores to find things but I only found a few VHS tapes for under $1.00..one of my finds was Whispers, An Elephant Tale we haven't watched it yet as Manuelito destroyed my dvd part of my dvd/vhs player so I had to buy another DVD player (I bought it off craigslist for $5!! works perfectly). So the issue is I have only one set of cords..we'll watch it this weekend.

I also found a Star Wars shirt for Miguel for $3. The consignment store also had a Jedi costume for $10..I thought that was pricey for a used item but I said if its there in 2wks, I'll buy it. Its for miguel but its a little big. Since he is now into star wars it might be worth to have it.

Of course like I posted before I found some things on sale at walmart and then I went to another walmart and those same items were NOT on sale..kind of weird. So no I'm going to have to remember to try both walmarts for disney stuff.

Here's the items:

$7.50 a set

$5 top, $7 bottoms

Shirts were $5 a piece, shorts are $3.50

I don't know if I shared this but I bought this from Disney Store too..it was like $4.99

I bought two cowboy hats from walmart for our Halloween Costumes ($5 a hat)

I just left the Disney Store and I didn't see anything that I really need. :scared1: amazing. They have these women's tees for $14.99. If they are there on friday. I might buy one of them. if not I wont be disappointed. They are a softer material so I assume thats whey they are more expensive then the cotton shirts.

Well this weekend my kids father wanted to do something with them and I am like dying to go to seaworld...so it looks like we might be stuck going fo r4th of July weekend :mad: which I know its going to be a madhouse!!!!! We'll see.

on saturday the boys and I went to Seaworld! My goal was for us to see One Ocean. Which we did..I liked it...but the songs will have to grow on me...I loved Believe..but I was happy to see Tilly..I know some folks are not but you know..this poor thing is cooped up in a small tank for the rest of his life...anyway I don't want to go into my views on Tilly...but it was nice to see a show...We sat in the splash zone but only got sprinkled...next time I think I know where we have to sit to get soaked...

We also stayed and watched shamu rocks...my son is still singing I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL...while he flips his toy shamus in the air.

We ate at Spice Mill..I dislike that restaurant's setup..it always takes forever to get your burgers? why? they are already cooked!! anyway...I spent $22 on food which wasn't bad with 20% discount I got..but then I passed the PIzza Buffett at the cafe next to the allure show..ugh..I should've known Seaworld would have the same thing as busch gardens...well now I know for next time..

Miguel was a little cranky because he wouldn't take a nap so I spent some time trying to pursuade him to do some things..but overall we had fun..

We left at 10pm..and stopped at Mcdonalds which I believe everybody else who left a theme park was at..(Champions Gate)...so it took us some time to get our food and we ate it there at the parking lot.

I didn't get home till like 12:30am..we didn't go to bed till like 1:30am.

Sunday and Monday we just layed around and watched movies.

:cool2:

hi sumlee! I know I can't wait..I haven't made any updates..because well I've wanted to wait till I pay my cruise off till I do..hopefully it'll be this week. if I have time...

been so busy at work :surfweb:

So. I am paid up...and was only able to book a Palo Dinner. I booked for the 2nd day which is the Key West day.

I am hoping I can get a HIgh Tea :(

otherwise I booked couple hours a day in nursery for Manuelito..

I have been soo busy..but I haven't stopped thinking of the cruise..

I have found some amazing deals on some kids clothes (consignment store)...I don't think I have the pictures up..but here is a couple of items

I know I bought some more items..but haven't taken the pictures yet...I'll add those to a future post.

I also bought all the products for my FE list and I am hoping to print out all the magnets in the next couple weeks to get started on that.

Now the FE gifts..I have to still paint them and put them together!! and I found something cool for the little girls on the cruise. I just still not sure what to get the boys!!!! ahhhhh..you think it would be easy since I have boys..i did find one thing for each the boys..but I wanted to make them something but everything I think of is wayyyyy to big..and so I'm still debating on what to do...

Okay, so I booked a brunch after all on my Key West day!!

and I booked another Palo dinner on Day 7, Castaway Cay day...I may or may not keep that one..it depends on my dinner rotation.

I also completed my budget for the trip..

that's inlcuding MNSSHP...

I'm going to have to be real disciplined!!!

I plan to pay for the MNSSHP within this Month.
Next Month pay for Boatswain Trip online since they give a discount
Then Book the room early october and pay for that.

everything else is ship related.

So the plan is
OCt 28th, head to Contemporary in the morning to have breakfast with Chef Mickey. Then head to either Magic Kingdom or animal kingdom. If I do AK, then I'll eat at AK Flame Tree before we leave as I don't like much of the offerings in MK.

We'll leave around 6pm so we can get to MK around 7pm..I've been early before (4pm) and really its just me looking at the time waiting for the party to start...

I'm 100% sure we will be taking pictures with Mickey first in his costume. then we'll walk around trick or treating. Taking pics here and there. Trick or treat again. We are probably going to do the first Parade. I know..but I want Miguel and Manuel to dance the night away with Stitch over at Club 626. I'll have to buy as soon as I get there as well!!

Once we're done, we'll head over to the hotel. Hopefully get to bed at 1:30am.

Aiming to sleep till 8am..but my internal alarm clock will get me up earlier I know that. but either way..would like to get to terminal around 10:30..

I did reserve my parking spot at Radisson (today)..so I have to go there first and hope that they can get me to the terminal at 10:30-11am. I'd hate to go anytime after that but if thats the case..I'll just have to breathe in and out...wooooosa....

Check in..hopefully a breeze, then pic with Mickey or Minnie.

Once we are onboard...we'll go to guest services..put cash on my account.

Head over to the Oceannears Club.

Once we are done with all that, go eat...cuz I know as soon as I'm on the Ship..my stomach expands and I'm hungry all the time.

We'll play in splash pad a little, miguel in the pool.

then we'll go meet my DISgroup over at the Promenade Lounge.

Do muster drill

And then check out the sail away party

dinner

and I think i'll be relaxing and skipping out on the show.

Thats how I got that day in my head..how it will turn out...who knows! :confused3

As Day 2 (Key West)
I have brunch at 11am :) then after brunch, I'll get off the ship with the boys and we'll go to the Butterfly Conservatory..and head back by 5pm. As I have Palo Dinner that night at 6pm. No show this night for us

Day 3 At sea..some nursery time for Manuel so Miguel and I can play in the pool in the afternoon..then its Halloween so we'll do the trick or treating. then do the show..this is also "Formal Night" usually...but if thats the case...I doubt we'll participate in the "formal" part of the evening.
Day 4 Grand Cayman..heading out to Boatswain at 8:30am, then head back 12:30....we'lll probably play at the pooll..whatever..if I can catch the Villains Show early then that'll be the plan..so our evening can be free..

Day 5 Cozumel...not getting off ship..so I booked some nursery times in afternoon to play in pool with miguel.

Day 6 At Sea nada planned, some nursery times

Day 7 Castaway Cay..1st ones off ship, last ones on ship? lol then Palo Dinner at 6pm

then cry as the vacation will be over...and now I have to drive all the way back home and get my mind ready for the HOLIDAYS!!!!

and hopefully plan 4 days 1st week in Dec at WDW!!!!

Wow! Sounds like you've got it all planned out! You're making me feel so unprepared! :rotfl2: Glad you got some Palo reservations! :thumbsup2 I think we're skipping Palo this time, so I'll have to live vicariously through you. We are also doing MNSSHP, but it will be on thurs. We are spending a week at WDW and Port Orleans Riverside. Let's see...what else are we doing...probably the trolly and some shopping in Key West...the kids are going with Nana and Papa to Boatswains while DH and I do some SCUBA in GC...Cozumel will be the Tulum ruins tour...and Castaway Cay will be a little bit of everything I think. That's about all I have planned. I'm pretty sure they're going to be dragging me kicking and screaming off the ship when Nov 5th comes around! ;)

Keep up the great pre trip report! You are giving me lots of good ideas! :goodvibes

hey sumlee..the ruins sound nice.. I don't want to venture too much off the ship with the kids..Key West and Grand Cayman I've been couple times so I feel safe enough to go off the ship and do our thing. :cutie:

My friends also zip lined in cozumel...they said that was fun. I've been to Cozumel but we did the ATV Jungle thing..it was awesome..but I didn't care too much for the island...

my boss has also scuba'd off GC...very nice he said.

One week in WDW and then a cruise...wow if only I could pull that off..but I can't take off more than 10 days at a time :(

Hello there.

Just wanted to share with you all that my kids and I took a mini trip to Miami.

We went to the Miami Zoo on Saturday and Lion Country Safari on Sunday...wow what a great time..I really wish I had made it to both zoos at opening but its hard when you have to get 4 kids ready in the morning..

I stayed with a good friend of mine...she's such a good mom....love her!!

but so we got to Miami Zoo around noon..the park was empty due to the morning thunderstorms..but we got to see about 1/2 the zoo...Miguel was having a ball playing with his new friend and checking out the new animals.

I love how the exhibits are made..its all eye level..and so close....I didn't get to see the lion as they had him in Asia....I know there we Lions in Asia (King of the Jungle)....but I had hoped they were in Africa as that is were we started. there's a lot of neat things for the kids to do. Radio DIsney was there but we were on a mission so we couldn't hang out and dance..

We did get to meet Diego..my son was happy about that.

On Sunday we went to Lion Country Safari, in West Palm Beach..this is something that you have to do if you are in the area ever for vacation. They had like 9 lions/lioness. We got very close to the other animals (Lions are fenced in as well as the Black Rhino, and the chimpanzees/gibbons are on an island)...An ostrich was pecking at the cars...he was funny. After the safari we were only able to do a couple rides, and then let the kids play in the huge splash pad..it was probably the best splash pad I have seen at any zoo/park.

Here's a couple pics:

Lion Country Safari:

well looks like my original pre plans will have to change..

we got a 5% pay cut at work (everybody)...so that means I have to rebudget my trip..

since I live in Fl...I can do MNSSHP earlier in OCt to save some money..and i haven't decided on Chef Mickey's yet.

Things I need to have money for

Tips
Parking
Gas for Car
Souvenirs
Pictures
Palo Dinner/Brunch
Nursery

so I might have to just drive across to Port Canaveral saturday morning...ugh...I'm not a 100% yet..I will wait mid Oct to make any drastic decisions..

I did cancel my extra palo dinner & nursery time. sigh...

but am keepin my brunch/dinner. however however however...if I can get a high tea ressie I will let go my brunch...I know blasphemy!!!

cant wait to hear morepopcorn::.

hang in there about budgeting. group hugs coming your way.

T.T.F.N.

I'm sorry to hear about your plans! :sad2: I was actually coming over to check and see if you gave in and decided to stay at POP pre-cruise! I totally know how you feel about getting pay cuts, my husband is a sheriff for Milwaukee County. Our new gov. has passed all these new bills and two of them is rising insurance and rising pension contribution..it takes away a good $65 per check, which is alot when your planning a trip! We leave in Nov and it takes away a good $300-$400 before our trip! Not totally sure we can make it up, so we will have to scale back as well! Hope all is well besides that!

knewton/hanna..thanks!!

I just got hit again..my alternator went out...hahahahahahahahahahahaha

bring it on..

so i'm thinking we either don't do MNSSHP...or I don't buy a halloween costume which is $60 and I definitely skip brunch $20, plus $18 nursery charge, plus the tip $10).....I'd hate to be without a costume..but if anything I can just buy a spiderman shirt and wear that with some make shift spiderman eyes.

oh yea...we are all going to be spiderman for halloween...well my kids got their costumes...I bought them at consignment shop...$6 a piece!!

So sorry about your pay cut! AND the car trouble! What rotten timing! :hug: It's a bummer to have to cut things out!

Have you tried looking for a used costume for you on eBay? A lot of times you can find a costume in like new condition because people only wear them one night! Great deal on the boys costumes! :thumbsup2

So sorry about your pay cut! AND the car trouble! What rotten timing! :hug: It's a bummer to have to cut things out!

Have you tried looking for a used costume for you on eBay? A lot of times you can find a costume in like new condition because people only wear them one night! Great deal on the boys costumes! :thumbsup2

sumlee..i've got my eye on ebay...worse case scenerio is I buy a spiderman tshirt and make my eyeglasses..I think I can figure out how to do..

so check this out...I thought I booked Palo Dinner on key west (2nd day) day for 6pm..well no I didn't...luckily there were some Palo Dinner's on boarding day...great right! well I booked it...so I'll miss a few things but am not worried..my goal was to have Palo Dinner this time around..unbelievable..sometimes my mind is :confused3

So lets hope I get my suitcases by 5pm...at least that gets me time to play around with the kids and relax and go to a late dinner..and not worry about the show..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!