Haunting the Magic Oct 29, 2011 (Western) The Pre-Scare Report

Hi Shasess!
thanks for joining...did you join our meet group? I'm assuming you are on this halloween cruise :yay:
I'm always trying to find a "WAY" to save money....so the Radisson parking fee is much cheaper for us...

Hi Shasess!
thanks for joining...did you join our meet group? I'm assuming you are on this halloween cruise :yay:
I'm always trying to find a "WAY" to save money....so the Radisson parking fee is much cheaper for us...

Yes, it is THIS halloween cruise! I have "peeked" at the meet group thread but I have not joined yet. Happy planning!

@ shasess....we are a small group, small group....we kind of assumed that everyone's booked for the Dream lol..so my hope is that closer to the date, they'll give me a discount on a verandah like they did before!!!!!

@ shasess....we are a small group, small group....we kind of assumed that everyone's booked for the Dream lol..so my hope is that closer to the date, they'll give me a discount on a verandah like they did before!!!!!

That would be amazing wouldn't it!!! I noticed that the meet group seemed a little small. I have been a member of two meet groups in the past. One really big and active and one that was small and very quiet. Both were great to be apart of but I will say that the active one was a lot of fun. I noticed that the 2010 Halloween meet group was really, really active. I have been reading a couple of trip reports from that cruise and they had some major planners in that group! It looks like they had loads of fun! I'm sure that we will have a blast as well.

Oh yeah, I think that it's awesome that you are taking your boys on a cruise by yourself. Before I met my DH I had taken my DD on several trips to Disney with just the 2 of us. A lot of people would say I just don't see how you go with her alone but I cherish the memories of our mother daughter trips. I’d do it again in a heart beat! :goodvibes

Not much going on...

I believe I am done collecting disigns for Magnets for the cabin door. Now I have to start collecting peel & stick magnets from Walmart..I have a few left over from last cruise...I also have to get the laminates for the magnets and the laminates for our luggage tags and I've found those at Kmart again.

(I still have my luggage tags from last cruise...I think I'm always going to remember that first cruise...:love:)

I also thought I'd find some muscle shirts for the boys at Walmart since its boiling hot here in Fla. I figured these will be out already But nothing yet...and the white tees they have for sale have pockets on them so I can't use for our boarding shirts. So I'm still on the hunt for white tees..and I'm not going to buy Michael's tees..they fit me funny and fit Miguel way too big and they don't even carry sizes smaller for Manuelito.

I think for my FE's I found a company that would do what I want...I promise to post the picture of the FE's when the cruise is over in my TR. But I'm thinking since its Halloween of course to give out candy as well...my hopes is that I can find Disney themed candy around that time so I can put them in baggies with a nice Topper. Along with a few other things...pirate:

I've been pricing luggage and seems like I'm just going to go with a Walmart luggage set thats not going to cost me much..I have to get the very big suitcase so I can put all my and my kids clothes in one suitcase. And since I know more or less how things are going to be on the cruise, I will pack better, so I'm really hoping to only need 6 bags for check in and a couple bags for carry on.

Last time I brought soo many toys and beach toys...I already know I'm going to buy my kids toys on the ship so I only have to bring a few things..and as far as beach toys..I'm just bringing two buckets and two shovels. Sheesh, I brought a tent, about 7 buckets, 10 differnet shovels, beach balls, floating devices...lol...I went to the beach this past sunday...the kids were into spalshing in the water and putting their HANDS in the sand not the shovels.

As for shoes..I'm going to need a whole bag..I'm sorry I can't decide on shoes...I know I'll bring more than I need but I just can't help it.

And I'm sure I'm going to need one bag/suitcase for my FE gifts...last time I used a 19" suitcase for the FE gifts..thinking that I would come back lighter HA HA HA:laughing: everybody gave my kids and I the same amount of gifts I brought and not to mention now I have to stuff all the souvenirs into the suitcase...DOH

Well like I said not much going on. I'm debating on going to DHS this Saturday for Star Wars Weekend. Miguel wants to see Neendy Ana Jones...:lmao: especially since he saw some of the movie this past weekend.

That would be amazing wouldn't it!!! I noticed that the meet group seemed a little small. I have been a member of two meet groups in the past. One really big and active and one that was small and very quiet. Both were great to be apart of but I will say that the active one was a lot of fun. I noticed that the 2010 Halloween meet group was really, really active. I have been reading a couple of trip reports from that cruise and they had some major planners in that group! It looks like they had loads of fun! I'm sure that we will have a blast as well.

Oh yeah, I think that it's awesome that you are taking your boys on a cruise by yourself. Before I met my DH I had taken my DD on several trips to Disney with just the 2 of us. A lot of people would say I just don't see how you go with her alone but I cherish the memories of our mother daughter trips. I’d do it again in a heart beat! :goodvibes

I read all those TRs too!! it seemed like they had a BLAST!! but I'm kind of liking the idea of a not too crowded ship because of the kids. I have a cruise booked for April 2012 and I know that is going to be a sell out as its right after Easter. :eek:, but the boys will be easier to handle by then...

I love travelling with my kids. Its not easy by any means. but once we get over whatever hurdle it is we have fun. My kids are fun kids. I enjoy my alone time with them.

So like I said I had to start getting my magnets ready. I buy these peel & Stick from Walmart for $1.97 and smaller ones for $0.97

I found these for $1.97 as well:

I might make these for the kiddies.

and I found this bucket @ Walmart for $1.00

okay I know I said no more buckets..but I can fit these in the regular sized Disney buckets I have :idea:

These are the swimtrunks I bought for the boys for $12.99 @ Disney Store

I bought these last year for $6.99 a piece (these are for Manuelito 2t)

I bought this awhile back for Miguel

as I continue to research my trip and read through posted Navigators...

I found out that there are dance parties that are family oriented in Rockin D Bar & Studio Sea..So I need to pay close attention to when those are. MY sons love to dance.

And I also found out they had like a singles mingle onboard. I saw some scheduled in Mar 2011 navis for 5pm in Cove Cafe. But its so hard to decide how to book nursery times when you don't know when the singles mingle takes place.

and I wonder if Tea with Alice is too girly? I want to have tea with my kids and Alice.

I also saw the picture CD was $300.00, not that I'm going to buy the CD, but I thought it wsa $400.00...anyway, I still haven't put up half the pictures I bought from my last cruise. I have way too many pictures on my walls already!

So this past Saturday we went to DHS to check out Star Wars Weekend. I myself am not a fan. I don't dislike Star Wars but just never got all :worship:.

We parked in Goofy/Film and since I had the monster double stroller, we just walked to the entrance..which by the way is something I will always be doing...there was a security check point and it was a BREEEZE to get in...Restroom was right there, we made our stop there. The boys were hungry as they didn't have breakfast since we woke up early to leave.

Miguelito reminded me to get the maps...(yes he's the map holder)...so we went to the Baby Center and I microwaved some oatmeal for them. We probably spent a good amount of time here because I wanted to make sure the baby ate well..Miguel can eat whatever but the baby gets cranky if he doesn't eat or drink enough.

We left the Baby Center and headed to Indiana Jones. Miguel couldn't wait to see the show. Because this was the first show, it was packed...we sat in the very corner. As long as Miguel was able to see the show I was good. The baby started to get antsy, so I gave him som crackers. (See I thought he had ate enough!!)

After the show, we went to the shops and MIguel saw this red wooden rifle that he wanted..it was $17. I said no way. too expensive. I tried to get his mind off of it. So we headed to the Disney Channel Concert. IT was really cute. My son danced the whole time and he even got to dance with one of the performers.

After the show, we went to find a spot for the Star Wars Motorcade...ugh I was so late...it was like 20minutes to the show and there wasn't a good spot anywhere. I found one by the shops, and there was an umbrella over the register so we stayed there until about showtime. The baby was still hungry for some reason!

The motorcade started and there was some huge men in front of me..so I had to do the unthinkable and hoist my son over my shoulders. I couldn't see a lick. I just held my camera over my head and snapped shots...there wasn't anybody behind me that was watching the show. But I kept looking back because Manuelito was in the stroller facing the crowd and I didn't want anybody to like bump into him but there was a nice young girl who was entertaining him.

I got a few good pictures..and Miguel right away started asking me what each of the characters names were...great...I only knew the main ones..but I learned quick..

Once we finished the show we headed to go see Phineas and Ferb...as we walked we looked around a bit and I wanted to take some pictures of the Streets of America but time was running short. I had a 1:50 ressie @

We got in line for Phineas & Ferb and OMG :eek: the line was LOOONG. But there was some entertainment going on so it made the time go by fast.

Ferb checking on Manuelito (He fell asleep)

this was funny

After Phineas/Ferb we went into the store right there with the Muppets decor. Miguel saw the Star Wars action figure set so I bought it...Got my 10% discount with my annual pass!! :wizard:

That will entertain miguel and manuel while we wait for our names to be called at Mama Melrose. So I am sorry to say, I was disappointed in the meal. I love chicken parmigian and it was bland :sad2: but whatever at least we ate something and I am able to say I ate there. My next restaurant when I do DHS again is Brown Derby.

I also order the kids size version of chicken parmigian for the boys...the baby ate most of it. :laughing:

after lunch we headed to Honey I Shrunk The Kids playarea...this was fun..we hung out here for awhile.

I was hoping to be able to get over to Star Tours to take pics with Chewbakka and Wicket..but we got there too late..it was already 7pm. We were able to get pics of them leaving the meet & greet area. and that was about it. THey were getting ready for the 8pm show..I didn't want to stick around for that so we left. I changed the boys clothes and headed back to the car. I loaded the kids up in the car first, and then the stroller and bags, and when I hit reverse and looked back Miguel was KNOCKED OUT....lol

They both slept all the way home. But when we got to my mothers house they got up and stayed up till like 2am.. :blink: i was exhausted.

But definitely going to do this next year and make it a two day event. Miguel is still playing with his Star Wars toys so I need to rent the movies and see if he likes them...

I forgot to mention..Miguel didn't forget about his red gun...I had to go back and get it or it was going to be ugly. dam indiana jones!

I love that you are so open with all the info you have regarding your trips to WDW and on DCL. For those of us who have never done either it is such a great relief to be able to get a "heads up" on what to expect.

We are traveling on the Oct. 29th cruise (I have joined that thread already) but we are also spending a week in Orlando before the cruise.

I am looking for any advise you can give when traveling with a small child. My DH and I don't really care for rides or the waterparks so this is all about her.

Thanks again!!! Can't wait to see you in October.:flower3:

Great PTR! Love the pics! We were thinking about Star Wars weekend for next year.....I'm buying our annual passes for Disney next month since our Universal passes end this month.....if I see anymore Harry Potter land I'm gonna SCREAM! :scared1: LOL!

Anywho...Love the pics and that little baby of yours has gotten BIG!!!

Higginsfamily3! I saw you posted in our thread! welcome to my PTR...
I will glad to give any advice..but the #1 way for me to learn about our disney trips was reading other peoples Trip Reports as well...I stay on disboards for research :rotfl: everyday!

the cruise is going to be sooooo much fun... I forgot to add in my post under our dis meet but I am bringing two costumes for each of us for the cruise...our halloween costume and the pirate costume...now maybe that might be too much for packing purposes, but they do sell pirate costumes on board.

hey cheryl sue..I have yet to make it out to WWOHP!!!! and I think I'm going to go for christmas this year..I was reading SHadowryters Trip REport and it looks like Universal/IOA might be better for MIguel now that he's older....and hte baby is getting big!! my boys are growing up so fast...:scared1:

So not much going on..just trying to save my pennies as we get closer to the 90 day mark!! I bought a few things from Disney Store...they are doing their twice upon a year sale:

Swim trunks for Miguel. Shirt for Manuel, and flip flops for Momma.

I have some items on Ebay that I am watching. I have to start buying some shorts for me because I just don't have any..and this is a 7day trip so I 'll need a few pairs. I told myself not to spend too much money on clothes but as I looked through my closet...seems like I still need a few things :confused3

I have nothing planned for this next few weeks due but hoping to head out to Seaworld/Aquatica for 4th of July weekend.

So not much going on..just trying to save my pennies as we get closer to the 90 day mark!! I bought a few things from Disney Store...they are doing their twice upon a year sale:

Swim trunks for Miguel. Shirt for Manuel, and flip flops for Momma.

I have some items on Ebay that I am watching. I have to start buying some shorts for me because I just don't have any..and this is a 7day trip so I 'll need a few pairs. I told myself not to spend too much money on clothes but as I looked through my closet...seems like I still need a few things :confused3

I have nothing planned for this next few weeks due but hoping to head out to Seaworld/Aquatica for 4th of July weekend.

I love your items from The Disney Store. Hopefully I will get a chance to go to our Disney Store on Friday. I am trying to find our girls some dresses for Formal night. I have seen so many "post Prom" deals on dresses. Did you say that you are getting tuxes for your boys for formal night? They are so, so adorable by the way!!!!

Spent some more money on clothes :( but it was a deal..

I'll post pics next week..

@ Walmart

bought Pink PJs with Minnie Mouse (says Bon Voyage)..shirt $5, pants $7

bought MIguel and Manuel matching Lightning McQueen tee/shorts set @ $7.50 a piece!!!

i almost bought them swim shoes..but last time I went overboard with shoes and bought everything a size 4...well Manuel just barely growing out of his size 3 shoes..unlike Miguel who was a size 4 at 8months.

So I'll just wait on those maybe more so around august.

I still do not see any muscle tees out yet for the boys..I'm wondering if I missed them!!!!!!:scared1:

There was a pair of minnie mouse gray and pink shorts I almost bought but they are pretty short shorts...so I skipped out on those..

OAN: I'm hoping to do a garage sale this weekend so I can get some $$$ for the cruise. I have a lot of baby stuff that needs to go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter