Haunted Room at Pop!!

This is the entire family's first trip to WDW. I grew up in So. Ca and have been to DL way too many times to count at least 50. But this is a whole new ball game. Anyway the Roosevelt (now it's a Radisson Roosevelt) was very popular in Hollywood's hayday. It was the place to be seen. Actually it was where the first Academy Awards took place. It is quite the hotel...and I have some stories that I find hard to believe...and I lived them.:scared1:

I have always wanted to go to DL, but the airfare from NJ to California, is so high!!!

Now that you mentioned you have stories and you have lived them, you have to share them please!!!!

I love ghost stories!!

Thanks...:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Oh me too!!!! That was what I told my husband the first time we went through the ride que.

I actually turned our guest room into a Haunted Mansion room.

I had a lot of fun doing it. I kept most of it "period" with a few cheap fun things thrown in. It has an old antique bed set complete with marble toped dresser and tables. The curtains and bed spread are a heavy burgundy fabric. I have gargoyle trim around the top of the ceiling. To the side is a fainting couch with caved bird back. An amour with a skeleton inside. One of those floating heads in a ball things that is motion activated. The lighting is old antique lamps, one of which is rigged with a device that makes the lights flicker with sound... oh and several dozen other little surprises tucked around.

Needless to say it would have to be a close friend or another Haunted Mansion fan staying over. :rotfl2:

Oh and it doesn't hurt that the room and bath are upstairs...alone. BOOOOO!

That sounds awesome.

Do you have any pics you can post>? I would stay there in a heartbeat....:thumbsup2

Where is that room located? My brother and I stayed in a room at POP and weird things happened while we were there. We heard banging more than a few times (coming from the front door and when we opened it, no one was there!)

We also had the stuff on our hangers fall off on us!

This was the "B" building (closer to the 80s, furthest from the lake)

I forget our room number, but it was in the left wing of the T .
If I recall correctly it was the far left room of the second little grouping after the hallway that goes through the hotel (sorry, this sounds confusing to me and i even know what im talking about!) but, basically.. we were the room on the left, bottom floor, of the second little group to the left of where the bottom part of the T comes out.

Phew. Hope that doesnt make your head hurt!

Where is that room located? My brother and I stayed in a room at POP and weird things happened while we were there. We heard banging more than a few times (coming from the front door and when we opened it, no one was there!)

If I recall correctly it was the far left room of the second little grouping after the hallway that goes through the hotel (sorry, this sounds confusing to me and i even know what im talking about!) but, basically.. we were the room on the left, bottom floor, of the second little group to the left of where the bottom part of the T comes out.

aww I love the puppy in your sig!! very cute!!

It was in the 70s section, building number 10. The Big Wheel was right in front of our building,

If you took the elevator, when you came out, you went left til the end, then right and then the first left and we were the corner room...2nd floor..

Did I make your head hurt too?:laughing:

It was in the 70s section, building number 10. The Big Wheel was right in front of our building,

If you took the elevator, when you came out, you went left til the end, then right and then the first left and we were the corner room...2nd floor..

Did I make your head hurt too?:laughing:

Maybe a little :rotfl:

However, you took an elevator... I DID NOT!

Thus.. not the same room. Hehehe. Gotta love that reasoning! :thumbsup2

Maybe a little :rotfl:

However, you took an elevator... I DID NOT!

Thus.. not the same room. Hehehe. Gotta love that reasoning! :thumbsup2

You too funny....

So, I take it you were on the first floor then....:rotfl:

You too funny....

So, I take it you were on the first floor then....:rotfl:

Yep! My brother loved it. He'd just recently started a rubbics cube fetish after Hitch came out, and he was determined to match his to the patterns on the giant ones in the 80s building--conveniently seen from our room! :thumbsup2

Yep! My brother loved it. He'd just recently started a rubbics cube fetish after Hitch came out, and he was determined to match his to the patterns on the giant ones in the 80s building--conveniently seen from our room! :thumbsup2

That is hilarious!!

So, tell me.....was the plumbing loud in your room as well?

Everytime someone would flush, take a shower or just turn on the sink next door, it was so loud and annoying.

When we would flush the toilet, after the loud whoosh, there was his horrible whining noise, where DS would actually cover his ears, it was so loud....

trentmom:

THIS thread that you created was featured in part in the DIS podcast this week. They read some excerpts from the first post and other posts throughout the thread. It's worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Knox

I see this thread has possessed seven pages worth of people! If that's not a true haunting, I don't know what is.

Will the reign of terror never end?

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

trentmom:

THIS thread that you created was featured in part in the DIS podcast this week. They read some excerpts from the first post and other posts throughout the thread. It's worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Knox

i listened to it its cool!!

they even meantioned your name Trentmom!!

trentmom:

Knox

Really???

That is so cool!!!

How do I listen to the podcast?? Is it on here or do I have to go to another site?

Thanks

trentmom:

Knox

I just found it and listened to it.,

That is so cool!!!

Thanks;;;

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Why don't we give the Ghost a name? Com'on you Dissers we can come up with some good ones How about "Popin" cuz he pops in at Pop!!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Why don't we give the Ghost a name? Com'on you Dissers we can come up with some good ones How about "Popin" cuz he pops in at Pop!!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hmmm....going to have to think about that one.....

Since he was in the 70s Building, why don't we call her:

Closet Disco Queen
somebody who is afraid to go out to the clubs and dance but will stay at home and shake it to the disco mucic on their 8 tracks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter