Haunted Mansion Rooms?! Any news?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Debs Hill, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Debs Hill

Debs Hill DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard anything more about these? Holding out on booking for April 2011 just in case they are being added to Port Orleans during the refurb!!!
    Debsx;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. hammie59

hammie59 DIS Veteran

Where did you first hear of those? That would be cool!

4. ancestry

ancestry Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Disney conducted an email survey not to long ago and several of the questions asked about the viability of a Haunted Mansion Room.

When I took the survey, I didn't get the impression they were adding them at an existing hotel but rather that they were being considered for a yet to be built hotel.

5. BLTLDZ

BLTLDZ Loving our DVC :)

A haunted mansion. Hotel!! I would stay there in a heartbeat.

6. Debs Hill

Debs Hill DIS Veteran

I hadn't realised that this was potentially a whole new hotel!!! WOW!!!:goodvibes Now that would be amazing and I would definitley stay there!
    Debsx

7. ilovepete

ilovepete DIS Veteran

That would be awesome!

8. WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS

WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS DIS Veteran

HM is my favorite, I'd like to have a grave yard scene room please!

9. edk35

edk35 DIS Veteran

Hey there is "RUMOR TALK" about something going up where the River Country used to be? Could that be the area???

10. Pumpkinmuffin

Pumpkinmuffin Mouseketeer

I wanna stay in one!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::woohoo:

11. larryz

larryz I've got a lot on the ball... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Perhaps a real "Hollywood Towers" hotel would crop up...?

12. Debs Hill

Debs Hill DIS Veteran

now THAT would be amazing!! Count me in for a room on the 13th Floor!! ha! ha! Just so cool and really different to anything else on offer at the moment! Disney if you are listening, bring on the Hollywood Tower hotel!!
    :rotfl:
    Debsx:banana:

13. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

I took the survey as well, and got the opposite impression - that it was for rooms to be redecorated, similar to the pirate rooms at CBR. The way I remember it, all the wording in the survey asked about room decor, not a hotel theme.

Either way, I wouldn't delay booking my hotel reservations for 2011 due to the survey. If indeed Disney chooses to refurb rooms in one or more of these themes, it will take a while. Years, if they are building another resort (not likely, they still haven't finished Pop). You can always book, and switch to the new rooms when they become available.

14. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I also took the survey and got the impression they were looking at it from the perspective of room refurbs and not a brand new resort.

With the new animation resort, I cannot fathom them starting construction on a new resort any time soon.

In addition, they filed paperwork for refurbs at POR and POFQ two months ago; but have yet to even start. The rumor is that it has been pushed back to Spring 2011. The paperwork is very vague, but does state the refurbs will begin no later than March 2011.

So I wouldn't hinge making reservations on the hope that there might even begin to be a whole entire new room category in one of the resorts. As a matter of fact, if they do wait until March to start POFQ, in April 2011, you may be there in the middle of a refurb.