Haunted Mansion Rooms?! Any news?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard anything more about these? Holding out on booking for April 2011 just in case they are being added to Port Orleans during the refurb!!!
Debsx;)

Where did you first hear of those? That would be cool!

Disney conducted an email survey not to long ago and several of the questions asked about the viability of a Haunted Mansion Room.

When I took the survey, I didn't get the impression they were adding them at an existing hotel but rather that they were being considered for a yet to be built hotel.

A haunted mansion. Hotel!! I would stay there in a heartbeat.

I hadn't realised that this was potentially a whole new hotel!!! WOW!!!:goodvibes Now that would be amazing and I would definitley stay there!
Debsx

Hey there is "RUMOR TALK" about something going up where the River Country used to be? Could that be the area???

Perhaps a real "Hollywood Towers" hotel would crop up...?

now THAT would be amazing!! Count me in for a room on the 13th Floor!! ha! ha! Just so cool and really different to anything else on offer at the moment! Disney if you are listening, bring on the Hollywood Tower hotel!!
:rotfl:
Debsx:banana:

I took the survey as well, and got the opposite impression - that it was for rooms to be redecorated, similar to the pirate rooms at CBR. The way I remember it, all the wording in the survey asked about room decor, not a hotel theme.

Either way, I wouldn't delay booking my hotel reservations for 2011 due to the survey. If indeed Disney chooses to refurb rooms in one or more of these themes, it will take a while. Years, if they are building another resort (not likely, they still haven't finished Pop). You can always book, and switch to the new rooms when they become available.

I took the survey as well, and got the opposite impression - that it was for rooms to be redecorated, similar to the pirate rooms at CBR. The way I remember it, all the wording in the survey asked about room decor, not a hotel theme.

Either way, I wouldn't delay booking my hotel reservations for 2011 due to the survey. If indeed Disney chooses to refurb rooms in one or more of these themes, it will take a while. Years, if they are building another resort (not likely, they still haven't finished Pop). You can always book, and switch to the new rooms when they become available.

I also took the survey and got the impression they were looking at it from the perspective of room refurbs and not a brand new resort.

With the new animation resort, I cannot fathom them starting construction on a new resort any time soon.

In addition, they filed paperwork for refurbs at POR and POFQ two months ago; but have yet to even start. The rumor is that it has been pushed back to Spring 2011. The paperwork is very vague, but does state the refurbs will begin no later than March 2011.

So I wouldn't hinge making reservations on the hope that there might even begin to be a whole entire new room category in one of the resorts. As a matter of fact, if they do wait until March to start POFQ, in April 2011, you may be there in the middle of a refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter