Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Has anyone painted on the MB 2.0 yet? The center (removable section) is a different material than the band itself and I'm not sure how it will take the paint, or if it will stay very well.

What is the best way to seal your decorated magicband? Nail polish top coat, base coat, mod podge, something else? Also, any recommendations on glow in the dark nail polish to do a coat on our magicbands?

What is the best way to seal your decorated magicband? Nail polish top coat, base coat, mod podge, something else? Also, any recommendations on glow in the dark nail polish to do a coat on our magicbands?

I've tried acrylic sealer, nail polish base coat and gel nail polish top coat. The last is my favorite along with gel nail polish. With all you have to be careful about stretching the band out flat but if you just open it minimally to put on it lasts fine. I thought I was happy with the acrylic sealer until I looked at a couple of old bands I used it on and found it was not aging well. It didn't happen to all though so YMMV.

After failing a few more times with the waterslide paper, I decided to have them printed by magic your band. I designed them in Photoshop and uploaded them to print. They were printed on latex, were a little bit long so I had to trim them, but they look great !

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

I usually use clear nail polish, not the hardener, it doesn't flex as well. When I use glow in the dark, I make it my top layer.

I have used nail polish base coat, top coat and a couple of different acrylic sealers (reg and one for leather). My least favorite was the nail polish top coat. Everything cracks eventually, if you take it on an off (we have AP and I wear a few MB at a time, so they get a fair amount of use), but the ones with nail polish top coat have cracked much sooner and much more noticeably. The ones done with acrylic sealer (particularly the leather sealer) have held up well. I have even added additional coats on one, long after the original decorating, just to see what would happen, and that has adhered and held up well. I don't know if the leather sealer works better for me because I use the leather paints too, or if it is just because I like the sheen that I bought best....it just seems more flexible.

I usually add glow in the dark last, because I use it for accents, and haven't actually tried it on the whole band.

Last edited:
View attachment 219901 I haven't painted any new bands for my last few trips but I was excited to get the new style band for my trip next week. I have been playing around with other ways to customize. Here is my first attempt at magic band 2.0.
Ooh, I love that! How are you attaching the band to the icon? I'd worry whatever I used would let go. However you've now given me some ideas.

Ooh, I love that! How are you attaching the band to the icon? I'd worry whatever I used would let go. However you've now given me some ideas.

I used my Dremel to drill
small holes on the top and bottom then I attached the eye-hooks with some E6000. I'm not sure how sturdy it is gong to be yet. I'm going to get some screw in eye hooks next time.

View attachment 219901 I haven't painted any new bands for my last few trips but I was excited to get the new style band for my trip next week. I have been playing around with other ways to customize. Here is my first attempt at magic band 2.0.

How clever! I like it!! I'm not liking the size of the new MBs. My AP band is a new one, and I hate how wide it is. I try to make myself feel better by saying "It's more space to paint on!", but I haven't really convinced myself, lol!

This is a cute alternative, what a good idea!

I used my Dremel to drill
small holes on the top and bottom then I attached the eye-hooks with some E6000. I'm not sure how sturdy it is gong to be yet. I'm going to get some screw in eye hooks next time.
If you can heat-cure the E6000, it will be nigh indestructible (I do 2 hrs under a heat lamp when attaching earring posts to glass pieces as part of my jewelry work, and those posts are immovable). I'd also be worried that screw eyes that are too long might interfere with the internal electronics. Mind, that is pure speculation since I haven't gotten my hands on one to actually play with yet.

So cute @HockeyMomNH !!! I was just looking at my new Passholder band today and thinking that polish etc is not going to work well because of the flexibility. The leather paints someone talked about sounded like they might be better and you've provided another great idea!

Thank you! That one took patience and a fair amount of nail tape. XD But it was worth it. :love: I still need to take pictures of them and how they held up, but I keep forgetting and this is the first I've been on here since then!
Those are both awesome but that Dr. Strange band is incredible.

Last edited:
After coming back from Disney World my Doctor Strange band held up really well with a little bit of cracking on the green magic symbol on the side, and my brother's BB-8 band held up really well too but with cracking on both sides of the band due to the larger amount of nail polish. We didn't really go swimming, so I can't say how well they hold up to a lot of water but mine did get wet a few times. ;) I think next time I want to try leather paint! :)
vdRXjdI
iB5dfa9
e5HDHRa
s-DOs1l

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter