Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that we now have skins for MagicBand 2 available on the site. We have about 100 designs ready now and a further 200 coming over the next week or so. You can also create your own custom design for MagicBand 2 on the site.

I know many of you still have original MagicBands so we shall continue to offer designs for those for the foreseeable future.

You can see a few of the new designs below:

2017-01-06.jpg

G
Just back from my latest trip to Disney. Here is my Tangled Inspired Magic Band. I got the idea from Pinterest, but added multi colored flowers on a pewter toned background. This is the first band where I utilized leather paints. I would say that this is the only way to go for any sort of detailed painting on the bands. The paint literally stays flexible so there is no cracking or chipping like I've experienced with nail polish. The band is in the exact same shape now as it was before the trip. I used Angeles Leather Paints. I purchased a starter kit of the paints through Amazon. I got 12 - 1 ounce bottles for $35 + free shipping. I know that sounds expensive, but I figured I would use the paint for a lot more than just my Magic Bands. It turns out that a tiny amount of paint goes a very long way, so I will likely have enough paint to last the rest of my life...lol

View attachment 210690
Gorgeous! I need to show my sister, she would love this!

Going to Disney World with my family! I decorated my little brother's and my magic bands with nail polish using nail art brushes and occasionally nail tape for edges. He asked for BB-8 and I like Doctor Strange, so that's my theme. :)
a7d29bdbe048cf0834bafeb6a2249a10.jpg
f4799577418e06002cf1ce10a5a9c8e9.jpg
74bbd0d9a891dda7dda0be13c3bbb457.jpg
d260c5f25fba7423db65de2ec864bee5.jpg

Hi everyone!

We are just starting to plan our September trip for DD2's 5th birthday and of course that means we have to settle on our designs for the Magicbands. I'm not hugely artistically talented, lol, so I will be doing tattoos for DH and DD's bands (Heihei from Moana and Minnie Mouse) and swarvski crystals on mine and DD's.

Here's my question: I've used regular swarvski crystals before and attached them using E6000 glue and had no issues with the crystals falling off or anything (though the glue is messy when putting the crystals on the band). Has anyone used the HOT SET swarvski crystals on a band and did you have any issues while wearing?

Thanks for any help you may have. Can't wait for a new set of bands!

I started work on ours today. These are DHs and the DDs. I read about using permanent vinyl so went that route but I'm afraid they aren't sticking enough. :(

Anyone who has done vinyl have tips?
saucystargazer-880444-albums-pictures-pic137230-img-1798.jpg

Last edited:
aprilamer- LOVE the original Star Wars designs! I never thought of making each Mickey head a character, but you did a great job! I may have to copy you on that for the next trip we have MB's!

aprilamer- LOVE the original Star Wars designs! I never thought of making each Mickey head a character, but you did a great job! I may have to copy you on that for the next trip we have MB's!
Thank you! I love to incorporate the Mickey head into my design, makes it easier to use in the parks. Enjoy designing your next bands!

I started work on ours today. These are DHs and the DDs. I read about using permanent vinyl so went that route but I'm afraid they aren't sticking enough. :(

Those look awesome.

I've never decorated a band before, but have read this thread pretty much from beginning to end. Any time I've seen vinyl ones, they are made to fit inside the coloured section. I think part of your problem is that they are going over the gap between the coloured band and the dark edge.

Those look awesome.

I've never decorated a band before, but have read this thread pretty much from beginning to end. Any time I've seen vinyl ones, they are made to fit inside the coloured section. I think part of your problem is that they are going over the gap between the coloured band and the dark edge.

@lovemygsp - Your bands look great! I used vinyl and I put an adhesive spray on my band prior to the vinyl and then used several coats of a sealer on top. However, I agree with @chelynnah. You probably need to either make them smaller so that they don't go outside of the colored area, or use an exacto or other sharp knife and trim off the edges. Because there is a little gap between the colored part and the grey, water and even just air can get under the vinyl and cause it to start lifting. Hope this help!

I just decorated mine with Waterslide Decal paper, haven't sealed them yet with the Clear Acrylic Matte spray, but I will post pictures here when I finish!

Unfortunately after they dried, they peeled right off :eeyore:

Going to try vinyl next I think.

Unfortunately after they dried, they peeled right off :eeyore:

Going to try vinyl next I think.

So you didn't seal them? I've used waterslide decal paper before without any issue but never waited anytime before sealing them.

Going to Disney World with my family! I decorated my little brother's and my magic bands with nail polish using nail art brushes and occasionally nail tape for edges. He asked for BB-8 and I like Doctor Strange, so that's my theme. :)
a7d29bdbe048cf0834bafeb6a2249a10.jpg
f4799577418e06002cf1ce10a5a9c8e9.jpg
74bbd0d9a891dda7dda0be13c3bbb457.jpg
d260c5f25fba7423db65de2ec864bee5.jpg

Those are both awesome but that Dr. Strange band is incredible.

So you didn't seal them? I've used waterslide decal paper before without any issue but never waited anytime before sealing them.

No I didn't. I read they needed to be dry?

I decided to go with adhesive vinyl. I'll take pics when they are done. (really this time! LOL)

20161105_171103.jpg
20161105_171038.jpg

A little bit of bling for my families trip next month!
LOVE IT

Has anyone done a steampunk MB? Thinking of doing that.... looking for inspiration!
I have seen small steam punk gluable metal icons at Micheals. They have things like fake gears and such they could work if your able to get a good glue to stick them on with. Another idea is a little bit a black lace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter