• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Yea I can't wait until next spring. I am just going to buy one of the $13 ones from Disney and decorate it now. Haha

Ha ha! I am almost there! I think I will work on the decals I have in mind first, though. I saw a tutorial somewhere that uses water slide decals. They're transparent, so I cAn put glow in the dark paint underneath them.

All Swarovski crystals with a teal glitter base. It sparkles like crazy in the sun!!!

25hgv1e.jpg
This one is my all time favorites!!! What size crystals did you use and how many did it take to cover the whole band?

Last edited:
Thank you for replying back! I'm sorry, I meant how many flatbacks did it take to cover the whole band? I'm going to order some online and just wanted to get an estimate on how many it took to cover the band. Thanks!

Is base coat stickier, than top coat once it dries? I'm reading that some people are using it to seal because it is more flexible... of these options, which is the best:

A. base coat, tattoo, base coat

B. base coat, tattoo, top coat

C. nothing, tattoo, top coat

D. nothing, tattoo, base coat

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience! I can't wait to decorate and share!

Thank you for replying back! I'm sorry, I meant how many flatbacks did it take to cover the whole band? I'm going to order some online and just wanted to get an estimate on how many it took to cover the band. Thanks!

Oops! I read that wrong haha. It was a few over 100 of the 20ss swarovski 2028's, and probably around a gross of the 6ss. It's all going to depend on how you place the crystals.

I am awestruck by the creative bands shown here and all the helpful hints!
I am going to purchase a couple of the your Magic bands, just waiting for Moore Christmas designs.
My question is I want to add some jewels and maybe a little glitter, has anyone done this with this type of skin and what adhesive did you use? I would like to blacken the mickey head, is glitter nail polish best or can I use adhesive and the sprinkle type fine glitter. Thanks !!
Bev

Is base coat stickier, than top coat once it dries? I'm reading that some people are using it to seal because it is more flexible... of these options, which is the best:

A. base coat, tattoo, base coat

B. base coat, tattoo, top coat

C. nothing, tattoo, top coat

D. nothing, tattoo, base coat

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience! I can't wait to decorate and share!

I've always done base coat, tattoos or other nail polish design, base coat.

Hey guys , just wanted to share a few more MB Decals I designed at magicyourband.com I love how the Buffalo Bills ones came out. I made the mistake of choosing a smaller photo with way too much detail for the little mermaid one, so I may have to scrap that one and make a new one. I also mentioned a while ago about the hulk one I designed formy husband being too dark. The lovely folks at magicyourband.com saw my post and offered to lighten it up, which they did, and now it looks great!

257n7ma.jpg

24zc4sz.jpg

2hd901z.jpg

I just wanted to report back on using vinyl decals with nail polish.

I used base coat, multiple coats of nail polish, the vinyl decal, then more base coat. Over a week of using it and swimming with it everything is still perfect. No cracks or peeling at all.

I am having trouble uploading a photo but I will try again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter