Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Has anyone been creating their own slip covers out of fabric and painting those, so you can change the look of your MB daily depending on your mood or outfit? I'd be curious to see that artwork as well as tips for any successful methods(paints, etc).

These are awesome! I see that your probably on the road, but if you could, where did you get the pieces that you added to the bands? Especially the Little Mermaid one.

I totally love them all!

Jennifer

Thank you!

We are in Florida and will hit the parks for 8 days starting on Monday.

The large Ariel piece was a kibbutz that had a bigger bow on it. We cut the bow off and cut the back off of the jibbitz. They glued on very well. The shells on Ariel were also jibbitz. We got the pearls and jewels in the scrapbooking section at Michael's and Joanne.

The other bands also have jibbitz and scrapbooking jewels. The tink band has a glitter body tattoo from Party City.

We painted all of the bands with nail polish and base coat before adding any of the decorations.

I am so super excited about decorating now, thanks to everyone who posted!
I still have 56 days to go. That gives me a lot of time to keep changing my mind on what I want to do. :idea:

I made it through only about half of this thread, but...
Does model paint work just as well as nail polish?

So here are our bands! We leave today!!
5aaf4fab-3000-44ec-af9e-4c0ee47aa735.jpg

minnie_band.jpg

ariel_band.jpg

73557b92-cab2-47d3-98e7-6eddb094f062.jpg

db5c2652-cb46-4f82-9758-93438955695e.jpg

358ce544-4fc3-4b40-99b1-7475372bde5d.jpg

I would love to know how you made the glittery Tinkerbell. That band is almost exactly how I'm dreaming up mine to be! :goodvibes

Has anyone done, or is planning, a Halloween-themed band? I'm thinking about decorating a band specifically for MNSSHP and am looking for inspiration. I'm currently thinking a gray band with a Haunted Mansion/ghost design, or orange with a witch hat on a black Mickey head. :confused3

Has anyone done, or is planning, a Halloween-themed band? I'm thinking about decorating a band specifically for MNSSHP and am looking for inspiration. I'm currently thinking a gray band with a Haunted Mansion/ghost design, or orange with a witch hat on a black Mickey head. :confused3

Yep! Took my orange band from last year and painted Mickey ghosts. Sorry traveling this week so don't have a picture to post right now. Also some candy corns on it and a black Mickey head.

Yep! Took my orange band from last year and painted Mickey ghosts. Sorry traveling this week so don't have a picture to post right now. Also some candy corns on it and a black Mickey head.

That sounds super-cute! Love Mickey ghosts, thanks for the input!

This one is my DD15's AP band. I decided to try acrylic paints this time. I'm planning to finish it with some glow in the dark nail polish on the lightning and a clear coat over the whole band.

Love it! It looks great!
Has there been any reports that the acrylic with clear top coat holds up well? I think this is the route I'd like to take.

Love it! It looks great!
Has there been any reports that the acrylic with clear top coat holds up well? I think this is the route I'd like to take.

Thanks. I updated the picture with the finished band. It probably doesn't make much of a difference in the picture, but the top coat looks really nice in person. Also, I found glow in the dark acrylic paint. It works really well.

My daughter likes to wear hers around, so it will get some testing before we go in August. :thumbsup2

This one is my DD15's AP band. I decided to try acrylic paints this time. I'm planning to finish it with some glow in the dark nail polish on the lightning and a clear coat over the whole band.

ETA: Here is the other band I did today. Also acrylic paint with a polish over the top.

I absolutely LOVE the figment!!! They are so neat. If I had figment, I would wear mine around too... and I'm 42. :rotfl2:

I absolutely LOVE the figment!!! They are so neat. If I had figment, I would wear mine around too... and I'm 42. :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl: I'm 42 too. I've been wearing the Figment one around the house this afternoon. I sort of wish it was mine. :lmao:

I have two more to paint for myself. An AP band and one for our trip coming up in August. I haven't decided what they are going to be yet.

Then, my DSis and her family are going in August too, so that's 6 more bands to paint.

Wish I was as gifted as you with the free hand art. I am "crafty" but not artistic... so will be tattoo's and nail polish with maybe a few other nail appliques thrown in. I still have 5 months to make a final decision on what ours are going to be like... but so far we are at

Myself: Mulan
DH: Aladdin
DD(15) Spirited Away
DS(12) Wall-e

I think I am going to get some glow in the dark nail polish/paint for the Wall-e one. When we do the back ground, I want to do the space scene (picture below) and the starts I want to do in the glow in the dark stuff.

wallespace.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wish I was as gifted as you with the free hand art. I am "crafty" but not artistic... so will be tattoo's and nail polish with maybe a few other nail appliques thrown in. I still have 5 months to make a final decision on what ours are going to be like... but so far we are at

Myself: Mulan
DH: Aladdin
DD(15) Spirited Away
DS(12) Wall-e

I think I am going to get some glow in the dark nail polish/paint for the Wall-e one. When we do the back ground, I want to do the space scene (picture below) and the starts I want to do in the glow in the dark stuff.

wallespace.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Glow in the dark paint stars would look really cool on a blue band. I really like how the tattoo ones look. You get so much more detail that way. I think the Wall-e one will be great!

I'm doing some for my young nephews and now that I have done the glow paint I need to figure out how to use in on their bands too. One of them is going to be Pascal from Tangled and the other one wants super heros of some sort.

Only 3 days to go for us...finally got the bands decorated. First time posting pics from my iPad, so let's see if I can figure it out :)

aa061f73f352cf9a39473f55dd9a6cd0.jpg

solana131 said:
Only 3 days to go for us...finally got the bands decorated. First time posting pics from my iPad, so let's see if I can figure it out :)

Those are great! Monorail idea was a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter