• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

How are the yellow bands??? Maybe paint some blue overalls on the band and glue on and eye and have a minion for a band.

Then turn a gray one into an ohio state helmet

I decorated all 8 of ours for our trip on Thursday. I will take a picture of all 8 later on but this is the one I'm most proud of. It's all fingernail polish and the LSU and the tiger is nail art tatoos.

Ok my family is totally in love with the bands . Can you give some pointers on where you got the materials and how you applied everything . My husband and kids definately want that tiger purple and gold. I wouldn't mind having my Saints black and gold....

Ok my family is totally in love with the bands . Can you give some pointers on where you got the materials and how you applied everything . My husband and kids definately want that tiger purple and gold. I wouldn't mind having my Saints black and gold....

To make a gold band, we ordered a yellow and painted it with a few coats of gold nail polish. We did a Christmas theme and it turned out pretty well!

I'm planning on decorating my band this week! I have green and am leaning towards Jiminy Cricket, my favorite character. Starting to wish I ordered blue to make a tardis. But that's ok, it just means I need to make another trip soon.
In regards to the gray band of shame, my husband actually ordered one as his first choice. He originally said he didn't want his decorated, but is now thinking of making it into the Death Star. I'm hoping to post pictures when I'm finished.

How are the yellow bands??? Maybe paint some blue overalls on the band and glue on and eye and have a minion for a band.

Then turn a gray one into an ohio state helmet

Etsy has the O with the leaf but maybe you can find it elsewhere cheaper.

Finally finished all of ours. One boy wanted to go for a Buzz-Lightyear theme and the other chose Frozone. They glow in the dark too!
i-8279bsK-M.jpg

We are currently waiting the arrival of our second set of bands. First round we all picked colors we liked. This time, my DD and I are planning a pooh bear theme, so DS has yellow Pooh, DD has pink Piglet, I have orange Tigger and DH has grey Eeyore. Any thoughts on how to decorate them to match the characters?

We are currently waiting the arrival of our second set of bands. First round we all picked colors we liked. This time, my DD and I are planning a pooh bear theme, so DS has yellow Pooh, DD has pink Piglet, I have orange Tigger and DH has grey Eeyore. Any thoughts on how to decorate them to match the characters?

You know, now that you mentioned Piglet, my band reminds me of him too lol

Great creativity & shots everyone !! :thumbsup2

Does anyone have a clue about how they (the polish) hold up in water....like with "excessive pool" use ????:confused3:confused3

Great creativity & shots everyone !! :thumbsup2 Does anyone have a clue about how they (the polish) hold up in water....like with "excessive pool" use ????:confused3:confused3

Since we went in December we didn't have much pool use. However, we spent a whole day in the water park and ours held up just great. We were told that if they fall off they are negative buoyant, meaning they will sink to the bottom and not float away.

It was great to have them on at BB. We would go on the lazy river until the donut stop, get off and buy donuts with our bands and then hop back on the river.

FYI, I used 3-4 coats of regular polish and 2 coats of top coat. No cracks, smudges, etc. our MB worked every time.

We go again in July and I'm already wondering what to do next. I loved my Ariel/Hidden Mickey one but may try to do a Cinderella Castle one next!

Since we went in December we didn't have much pool use. However, we spent a whole day in the water park and ours held up just great. We were told that if they fall off they are negative buoyant, meaning they will sink to the bottom and not float away.

It was great to have them on at BB. We would go on the lazy river until the donut stop, get off and buy donuts with our bands and then hop back on the river.

FYI, I used 3-4 coats of regular polish and 2 coats of top coat. No cracks, smudges, etc. our MB worked every time.

We go again in July and I'm already wondering what to do next. I loved my Ariel/Hidden Mickey one but may try to do a Cinderella Castle one next!

Did all your coats go over the Mickey head sensor? I'm so excited to try something fun, but I'm afraid I'll "mess it up" and it's not like I can call Disney and ask for a new one because I painted mine with nail polish and made it look ugly! :rotfl:

Here is mine. Someone mentioned to me it reminded them of the Cheshire Cat...I wasn't going for that but I will take it :) Hard to get a good picture but this will do lol

VERY cute! I also got the pink band. I'm glad to see yours because it looks a little more "Barbie" pink than the online picture which makes it look sort of magenta. I like the color of yours much better than the online picture :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter