Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I painted mine with the clear glitter polish last night. This morning when I went to move them, the polish cracked and flaked off. I used the Sally Hansen Diamond polish topped with Sally Hansen no chip top coat. Just a heads up to anyone else that buys that.

Okay, this is a random question, but has anybody used Seche Vite topcoat on a MB? I know it's supposed to permeate layers of polish, but I'm hoping it doesn't go through the rubber to the RFID chip...it was all I had and I wasn't thinking about it when I put it on. I would see if it worked with my brother's Disney Infinity game, but he had already used it before I painted it! D:

Just in case anybody else was nervous to try this (like I was!) thought I'd offer this from my experience: I started by putting nailpolish on just the little tiny Mickey head - the one near the end of the MB - and the area around it. Wasn't happy with how I did it at first, so figured I would try and use nailpolish remover, and every bit of what I did came right off. So don't be afraid - you can remove it if you don't like it!
I'm done with mine now and very happy with the results. Two coats of glitter polish, two coats of clear and no cracking. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Here's mine and DH's:

i-v8Kskk5-L.jpg

Sorry about the flash glare - too lazy to retake!
Our boys have a blue and a green - not sure if I'll do anything to them....

So sharpie and nail polish seem to be the best materials so far ?? Mogpog is chipping off ??

Am I understanding right?

How is it working for pools and water things are you taking them off for that?

Here's mine and DH's:

i-v8Kskk5-L.jpg

Sorry about the flash glare - too lazy to retake!
Our boys have a blue and a green - not sure if I'll do anything to them....

Very nice. Is the silver nail polish also? DH and I are going on an adults only trip in March and I got red bands. Planning to do some sort of Mickey-Minnie anniversary theme.

These are so neat!! So creative, thank you for sharing - we're heading to Disney next week and now I'm more interested in decorating our MBs instead of packing! :)

jimandami said:
Very nice. Is the silver nail polish also? DH and I are going on an adults only trip in March and I got red bands. Planning to do some sort of Mickey-Minnie anniversary theme.

Yep. Silver glitter nail polish.

Has anyone created a Nemo or Little Mermaid themed MB yet? I am not creative at all, but I'd be interested in seeing ideas. :fish:

subscribing...posting to do it because for some reason the Subscribe link is not working for me :thumbsup2

Beautiful bands! People are so talented! I'm going to keep looking for pictures on this thread and will decorate ours with the grandkids once we receive the bands. Thanks for all of the ideas!

I cant wait until our next trip so I can decorate ours. I have plenty of time to decide what I am going to do since we are not going until September.

After reading this thread, I decided to decorate my band as well as my sister's band for our trip next week! :) I'm not as creative as some of you, but I am very happy with how these turned out! (I am still waiting for them to dry completely, but the nail polish doesn't seem to be cracking at all when I put the band on my wrist.)

Mine is the one on the left. I used clear glittery nail polish on my blue band, and purple glittery polish for the Mickey. I used a teal glittery polish on my sister's blue band, and pink glittery polish on her Mickey. I also traced around the Mickeys with a fine-tipped black Sharpie. I did two layers of each color, and put clear top coat over everything.

After reading this thread, I decided to decorate my band as well as my sister's band for our trip next week! :) I'm not as creative as some of you, but I am very happy with how these turned out! (I am still waiting for them to dry completely, but the nail polish doesn't seem to be cracking at all when I put the band on my wrist.) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/dgtk.jpg/ Mine is the one on the left. I used clear glittery nail polish on my blue band, and purple glittery polish for the Mickey. I used a teal glittery polish on my sister's blue band, and pink glittery polish on her Mickey. I also traced around the Mickeys with a fine-tipped black Sharpie. I did two layers of each color, and put clear top coat over everything.

Looks great!

I decorated all 8 of ours for our trip on Thursday. I will take a picture of all 8 later on but this is the one I'm most proud of. It's all fingernail polish and the LSU and the tiger is nail art tatoos.

1538931_10102947364115715_1680485392_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter