• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

They should arrive three weeks before your trip, if not sooner. You'll have time. I decorated 13 of them for our trip last April. It was so much fun! I wish I had a hundred of them, so I can make more.
If you do cut vinyl, I suggest sealing them with a clear acrylic sealer. I used Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer, Matte Finish on a couple I did in May for some friends. They wore them the whole time, went swimming, hot tub and continued to wear them when they came home, the vinyl stayed in place and looked great. We had some issues with some of the smaller details on the first 13 I did, but I hadn't sealed those.
https://www.pinterest.com/watkinsdesigns/disney-magic-bands/
Have fun with it and have a great trip!

I just went and looked and there was a notification on MDE that they had shipped! :)

this is such massive thread.
can i get a quick answer?
if i get stickers, do I just put them on the band? with the sticky back? or do i need to secure them with them something? then I paint over them with nail polish? or what?

this is such massive thread.
can i get a quick answer?
if i get stickers, do I just put them on the band? with the sticky back? or do i need to secure them with them something? then I paint over them with nail polish? or what?

For stickers, I put a base coat on top of the bands first, then place the stickers, & cover with another coat of base to seal it. Ours held up really well.

Our MBs arrived last Friday, so I decided to decorate them on Saturday. I'll be disneybounding as Tinkerbell and Ariel, so I figured I'd go with a green band this year.

20160126_1607222_zpsbkhbqig5.jpg

20160126_1607382_zpsl00yxb1m.jpg

For this one, I scuffed up the Mickey head a bit with a nail file, then applied some E6000 and used tweezers to stick the jewels on. After that, I applied one layer of base coat nail polish, let that dry, then added one coat of gold glitter polish. After drying, I added a top coat of Dior Nail Glow (it glows in blacklight, and is a great top coat to seal it). The area where I covered the extra holes with jewels isn't perfect up close, but ehhh I'm not too worried about that. It still looks cute from a distance, lol.

I finally convinced my fiancé to let me decorate his, but he would only let me fill in the Mickey heads:

20160126_1608202_zpsyui89qqc.jpg

I used a Sharpie to fill in the Mickey head, let it dry for a few hours, then added a second coat of Sharpie to make sure it was really dark. The next day I added the top coat of Dior to seal the color. I'm excited to see my fiancé's face when it glows in blacklight. :)

Ok everyone, I need some help. DH is taking me for a quick four day trip in April for our anniversary and I really don't want plain bands.

DH wants something pirates themed. We saw that there was on on the disney store site, but it is unavailable so we are looking into the Magic Your Band site. Here's my problem ... every pic I upload looks blurry ... how do I make sure it doesn't turn out blurry in the end? And is there any way to make the custom skins glow in the dark? Also, DH wants the one-piece, but I can't find anything that covers the whole band. What do I do?

@MagicYourBand can you help with this at all?

These are the two things I have tried (and various sizes of these) and nothing I try works.1398872759219.jpe Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4-21452212-1280-800.jpg WP_20141027_19_14_31_Pro.jpg

Ok everyone, I need some help. DH is taking me for a quick four day trip in April for our anniversary and I really don't want plain bands.

DH wants something pirates themed. We saw that there was on on the disney store site, but it is unavailable so we are looking into the Magic Your Band site. Here's my problem ... every pic I upload looks blurry ... how do I make sure it doesn't turn out blurry in the end? And is there any way to make the custom skins glow in the dark? Also, DH wants the one-piece, but I can't find anything that covers the whole band. What do I do?

@MagicYourBand can you help with this at all?

These are the two things I have tried (and various sizes of these) and nothing I try works.View attachment 147926 View attachment 147927 View attachment 147928
I've noticed that the best way to make sure the image isn't blurry is to start out with a larger image and shrink it down. If you start with a smaller image and try to make it larger, that's when it starts looking blurry

I just finished my band this weekend. The picture doesn't do it justice as all. The band was orange so I added a couple layers of clear nail polish with glitter then I used the large fire opal crystals and the tiny tangerine ones mixed together for the orange/red fade effect. The white "hidden" Mickey on the back is done with two sizes of the Rose Crystal AB ones.

This is my second crystal one so I tried something new.
I used a thin layer of clear caulk instead of nail polish to affix the stones to the band. It left the band much more flexible. The caulk also was much stickier and dried slower so I was able to move and readjust all the crystals after they were on. Made it much easier to get the look I wanted. Next one I do I will be using clear caulk again. I wore it around my house for an entire day and the stones didn't move a bit.

MagicBand.jpg

I have an unusual MB challenge. We have several left over from trips and I'd like to convert one to hold my Fitbit One. I love my Fitbit but it is the model that does not come with a wrist band. It is worn on the hip or bra. Amazon sells bracelets for it but it seems like exercising would be more fun with Mickey on my wrist. Plus we have all these extra MBs. But I'm stumped over how to do this, or if it can be done. Any suggestions?

HockeyMom, do you use the Plaid Craft Clear Acrylic Sealer on all of your bands? Your bands are simply fantastic. Also, the Little Mermaid one above, is that with acrylic paints? Have you ever considered doing a youtube video of one of your bands start to finish?

I couldn't think of a cool design for my new magic band, so I decided to scan some of my favorite autographs and print them out on tattoo paper. I like that it's different than any I've seen before and it brings back memories of those characters.image.jpeg

I couldn't think of a cool design for my new magic band, so I decided to scan some of my favorite autographs and print them out on tattoo paper. I like that it's different than any I've seen before and it brings back memories of those characters.View attachment 151828

You may think that you didn't come up with something cool Drnifer, but I think your signature band is one of the neatest on the board

Agree with TechRavingMad!! Drnifer, you have one of the best bands I have seen. I may try to replicate, I hope that is okay. However, I am not sure what tattoo paper is, so now I am off to find it :)

HI! Sorry, I'm quite sure this is a repeated question, but I've been trying to scan through the many pages for my answer. This is our first trip to Disney. I'm not super crafty, so I was hoping to just do some simple decorating of our MB. I see some people said tattoos don't work really well???? Can I just get some stickers from Michael's (or Walmart or Target) and apply base coat nail polish over to seal? Will this work? Will this hold up? Do different tattoos work better? Do different kinds of stickers work better?? We will be in Disney for 10 days so I'd hate to have them start looking like crap after a couple days. We are not going to the water parks, but I'm sure we'll be spending days by the pool.
Thanks so much for any clarification! My MB ship in 2 weeks! So excited!!!!!

HI! Sorry, I'm quite sure this is a repeated question, but I've been trying to scan through the many pages for my answer. This is our first trip to Disney. I'm not super crafty, so I was hoping to just do some simple decorating of our MB. I see some people said tattoos don't work really well???? Can I just get some stickers from Michael's (or Walmart or Target) and apply base coat nail polish over to seal? Will this work? Will this hold up? Do different tattoos work better? Do different kinds of stickers work better?? We will be in Disney for 10 days so I'd hate to have them start looking like crap after a couple days. We are not going to the water parks, but I'm sure we'll be spending days by the pool.

If you're looking for sticker type decorations you can find really cute vinyl ones on Etsy! I got some with monograms that had Minnie ear hats and they held up for 8 days no problem, even at the water parks :)

We have over 200 designs to choose from including glow in the dark and glitter Skins, or you can create your own designs on our site...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter