Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

When did your magic bands arrive? Debating if I want to purchase one now so I have time to decorate it or if I wait I will have enough time.

I'm struggling to find this answer - if I want to color the Mickey with Sharpie do you do base coat before? After? Both? I remember reading something about it smearing but now I can't find the post(s).

I'm struggling to find this answer - if I want to color the Mickey with Sharpie do you do base coat before? After? Both? I remember reading something about it smearing but now I can't find the post(s).
We definitely put several coats on top of our decorating. Most of the times we use a base coat. It will come off easily if you make a mistake.
But you will be fine if you don't

My husband decided to help me decorate my band by outlining the Mickey Head in Sharpie. It smeared when I tried to seal it with clear nail polish and I had to paint over the whole thing to get rid of the smears. :( I think if I had let the Sharpie age for a few weeks then it might have been okay.

My husband decided to help me decorate my band by outlining the Mickey Head in Sharpie. It smeared when I tried to seal it with clear nail polish and I had to paint over the whole thing to get rid of the smears. :( I think if I had let the Sharpie age for a few weeks then it might have been okay.
Oh no! Did you have a base coat under it? How long had it "dried"? I'm really afraid of using polish, I was really hoping to make sharpie work, but now I'm scared!

Oh no! Did you have a base coat under it? How long had it "dried"? I'm really afraid of using polish, I was really hoping to make sharpie work, but now I'm scared!
I think I had only waited for it to dry for a few hours.

My husband likes to outline the Mickey head with a Sharpie - just the Sharpie - no base coat or sealer - and it never smeared.

I am sorry that happened. Next time you can fix it with nail polish remover. It takes it off - even black.

I have to say that polish is not hard at all and it cleans up easier than Sharpie's do. I am not an artist and I was successful with nail polish. We use the nail polish pens from Migi Nails and pens from Walgreens. Here are some my daughters did over this past year. We do our family and friends magic bands as well. We love painting them. All with nail polish.

One of my daughters did Belle for a friend and it came out excellent. These are the different angles.

I have to say that polish is not hard at all and it cleans up easier than Sharpie's do. I am not an artist and I was successful with nail polish. We use the nail polish pens from Migi Nails and pens from Walgreens. Here are some my daughters did over this past year. We do our family and friends magic bands as well. We love painting them. All with nail polish.

Those do look pretty good. I was really just wanting to paint the little Mickey head, I may stop by a couple stores this afternoon to see if I can find the polish pens. I'm still scared, though. :eek:

I'm just about to start working on my band, but I thought of a question before I even put anything on it & I need opinions. I've read through the thread & I know the recommendation is to use base coat instead of top coat. Here's the thing. The base coat I have is CND Stickey, which is designed to help anchor the color coat to the nail in addition to preventing color bleed like a basic base coat. My question is this. Should I just go get a basic one instead or will this one be okay to use?

Those do look pretty good. I was really just wanting to paint the little Mickey head, I may stop by a couple stores this afternoon to see if I can find the polish pens. I'm still scared, though. :eek:
Thanks - If I can paint them then anyone can - I am not talented - my kids are but not me. You will do great....if not there is nail polish remover. :)

Here are our bands for next week! I usually decorate the whole band but we got free Magic Your Band covers. I used new black sharpie around the Mickey head then fun sparkly nail polish in the middle, this is kind of tedious but turns out great! Then I do a layer of top coat over the polish and sharpie to seal it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 103
Got our bands done! DS16 just wanted a purple band with a sword, a ying/yang symbol and a couple designs. DH wanted blue band with Avengers and I was going to have Tinkerbell but she doesn't show up on the color band I picked out so I went with just some designs with body tattoos.

Now that I have seen the pictures I see a couple places that need a touchup and couple places that the masking tape didn't come off all the way I need to peel more off. Oh well, you get the point.

By the way sorry the pics posted like they did, I tried getting them to go to the smaller pictures until you click on them like the poster above did but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

PHsnH2j.jpg

When did your magic bands arrive? Debating if I want to purchase one now so I have time to decorate it or if I wait I will have enough time.
They should arrive three weeks before your trip, if not sooner. You'll have time. I decorated 13 of them for our trip last April. It was so much fun! I wish I had a hundred of them, so I can make more.
If you do cut vinyl, I suggest sealing them with a clear acrylic sealer. I used Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer, Matte Finish on a couple I did in May for some friends. They wore them the whole time, went swimming, hot tub and continued to wear them when they came home, the vinyl stayed in place and looked great. We had some issues with some of the smaller details on the first 13 I did, but I hadn't sealed those.
https://www.pinterest.com/watkinsdesigns/disney-magic-bands/
Have fun with it and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter