Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I recently got my annual pass Magicband in so I got decorating. It started off as a grey band. I used black silver sparkle nail polish. Then put on silver Mickey head glitter I collected on a previous trip. Yes I picked them off the ground.:rolleyes:

image_zps96118258.jpg

image_zps48406bb3.jpg

I love it! The band looks really cool and what a great way to incorporate your memories from your last trip!

Those are great!

We have Chinese Crested Dogs too....two littermate sisters that match the one on the left, another one that is a match to the one on the right, and a fluffernut of a powderpuff.

Ours are rescues, so no relation. The blonde (Athena) was adopted when she was about 3yrs old from a rescue out of FL, she's 13yrs old now & the black one (Gingy), we took in a year ago when the owners could no longer take care of her, she's 4yrs. old, They aren't really bonded yet, like I'm sure yours must be. I'm hoping in time they will be, but Gingy likes to fuss (not bark, fuss, it's funny & weird, rofl) a lot. We had a mini male schnauzer, Athena & him were bonded & cuddled in the winter, so cute, he kept her warm. But he passed away this year at the age of 16. It was a heartbreaking time & Athena was depressed for a while too. They had been together for 10yrs. But she's better now. We love dogs & ours are so spoiled. I know this thread is for MBs, but I'd love to see a pic of yours, if you want to post one. I'm sure no one would mind, hopefully. :tilt:

For those of you who are doing tattoos and want the images brighter instead of fading into the color in the background(although I think those are the best). I used the method described in post #1420. Got a plastic bag, applied basecoat bigger than my tattoo, let dry, then applied tattoo to the basecoat, slowly peeled the basecoat from the bag, turned it over and painted with a very thin coat of white acrylic paint and filled in the tattoo area being careful not to paint outside the lines. Let dry then apply base coat to band and immediately place the tattoo on it so it will stick. The colors are as bright as when they were on the packaging. It takes a little time but seemed to work out great.

I was placing my tattoo on black so it basically would have disappeared, but the colors popped with the white backing. See below jaguar logo.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys. I think Crush might be my favorite one so far too.

My DH, the wise guy, just took this picture. He says he's ready to go to WDW now. :lmao:

This is all the bands I have ever painted except for Rafiki, which is hiding in my DS's room somewhere.;)

Wowzers! Absolutely incredible! You are very talented!

After 5 hours of a Decorate Your Magic Band party - we only finished 3 full ones and 3 partials. Here are the full ones. Some of them were tough and we had to remove all of the polish. We decided only to put a clear coat first.

One of our DDs - LOVES the Broadway Show Newsies - and it is a Disney Production - so she did that on her own. The other 2 are our friends that are coming with us - with the help of my other DD. Lot of fun - but still 5 more to finish.

I thought everyone on here did a great job but now that we tried - I have more of an appreciation for everyone. Working with the Mickey Head in the middle was tough.

These came out awesome! What a great idea for a Newsies band!

I won't get my Magic band til I arrive since I don't live in the US :guilty:. Any advice on something quick I can do to personalize them once I'm already there?

I won't get my Magic band til I arrive since I don't live in the US :guilty:. Any advice on something quick I can do to personalize them once I'm already there?

You could bring some Disney duct tape & a pair of sharp scissors with you & cover them with the duct tape. I've this done before & it's cute. Or a bottle of sparkling nail polish & cover just the mickey.

Ours are rescues, so no relation. The blonde (Athena) was adopted when she was about 3yrs old from a rescue out of FL, she's 13yrs old now & the black one (Gingy), we took in a year ago when the owners could no longer take care of her, she's 4yrs. old, They aren't really bonded yet, like I'm sure yours must be. I'm hoping in time they will be, but Gingy likes to fuss (not bark, fuss, it's funny & weird, rofl) a lot. We had a mini male schnauzer, Athena & him were bonded & cuddled in the winter, so cute, he kept her warm. But he passed away this year at the age of 16. It was a heartbreaking time & Athena was depressed for a while too. They had been together for 10yrs. But she's better now. We love dogs & ours are so spoiled. I know this thread is for MBs, but I'd love to see a pic of yours, if you want to post one. I'm sure no one would mind, hopefully. :tilt:

Fiona http://i41.tinypic.com/k34ri9.jpg
Kiki http://i26.tinypic.com/2kl9wl.jpg
Anja http://i39.tinypic.com/4fwy39.jpg
Jehzara http://i37.tinypic.com/214seoz.jpg

And for fun, this is a print of a painting that an artist acquaintance painted from a photo someone took of Kiki and Anja. We have a print that we purchased from her, but the breeder was gifted the original and one day will give it to me.

1_297f1213a083e2917158a8951f8c54d1.jpg

All of ours are in the 10-11 yr old range, and we have had all four for at least 5 yrs now. We started out with the powderpuff 11 years ago. We had just lost one of our rescue dogs, (an amazing who had been plagued with health issues), and at the time I really felt that I needed to have more knowledge of health lines. We got Jehzara as a pet from a show breeder who didn't like to show puffs because of the work required to keep the coat nice, but we wound up getting into showing for fun. She didn't really enjoy showing, but she liked the attention and the treats. She is a clever one, and actually answers to 'trouble'. lol

One pup led to another...Anja came to her from a co breeder in another state and DH fell in love, and a year or more later, after the co breeder decided to get out of the breed, Kiki came to the breeder. It was like seeing double, but Kiki was a nicer example of the breed than her sister (more refined looking with better structure). She needed some training and attention, so the breeder sent her home with us to help socialize her, since we had helped her with others in the past. She and Anja had been apart for 18 months, but it was like no time had passed....it was like Anja was complete once Kiki arrived. Eventually the breeder let us have Kiki for a token cost. I showed her and she did quite well before we just didn't have time to show anymore. She was one win away from her AKC Championship and was a UKC Grand Champion, in the top ten for as many years as we showed her. She loved showing and comes to life when you put a lead on her. She was raised from a pup with a northern breed and used to howl like a wolf. It was both creepy and hilarious coming from a crested. lol She still howls, but like a crested now.

Fiona was actually a gift from the breeder, shortly after our rescue border collie passed away. We had socialized her when she was a pup, DH showed her for the breeder sometimes and she decided that he needed a dog of his own to show. Of course we quit showing before he got more than a few points on her, but they are all pets first to us, and we wouldn't have taken in any of them permanently just to show them. I can't imagine being without at least one Crested. Four is a bit much, but we enjoy our quirky little herd. ;)

Last edited:

You could do something like MagicYourBand or one of the others that lets you design your own vinyl decal that you can apply when you get your band.

Both acrylic paint and nail polish dry quickly, but unless you have a simple design, or use tattoos or transfers to decorate and just use the polish for accents, I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe it's just me, (okay, it is probably just me-lol), but I don't think I have ever been finished with a design in one day. I always wind up redoing it or tweaking something before I feel like it is right. You could always just paint or outline the mickey head, or change the color of the band or the edges. I've seen some cute adhesive stencils at the craft stores that would make it easy to paint a pattern on the band. The secret to that is to use a very dry brush and apply in light layers so that the paint doesn't creep under the stencil.

Duck tape comes in a lot of great patterns, if you don't mind the texture (again, probably just me ;p), but there have been some cute ones posted on here.

Any suggestions for removing smudges of black nail polish that won't come off completely with acetone or nail polish remover?

Another Magic Band to add to the collection. (Sorry for the sideways photo.)
This time I used acrylic leather paint and sealer (satin finish). I bought a matte finish sealer to try too....maybe on the next band.

168aqhc.jpg

Here it is with the others (posted previously in this thread and in the other MB post). The two on the left are DH's and rest are mine. We still have one brand new band to decorate, but haven't decided what to put on it....or who gets it. I vote for me. ;)

2912azk.jpg

I had done a Maleficent band before, but it was a bit too sparkly and not really 'me', so I removed everything and made it a TNBC band instead. I still wanted a Maleficent band. I like this one much better than the first, but it could be because I have more experience and it looks better. lol

Has anyone done a holographic band? I'd like to see pictures!!!! I am a glittery girl and want purple holographic (with a darker purple along the black edges and the Mickey head in the middle.)

Finally done w/ my bands. Can't wait to start using them next week. Hubby originally thought decorating the bands was a dumb idea, that is until he saw mine. LOL. So etleast I put one layer of clear polish on one of his to make it shiny. But I think you can all use your imagination for that one.....I didn't take pics of it.

Here is my Mickey band

I had other plans for my Minnie band but painting with nail polish was harder then I thought so this is what I ended up with.

I love your Minnie Band! That came out so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter