Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Has anyone who has used the magic your band stickers painted your magic band before putting the sticker on? My DD created her own sticker and one section will be clear with wording on it. I thought it'd look better if the band had purple glitter polish on it to show under the clear areas. Thoughts?

How did you get one section to be clear?

I was also wondering about vinyl over nail polish if anyone has tried it.

Maybe I did something wrong then. I uploaded a image shrunk it, put it on one side of the mickey, then add just text to the other side of the mickey, which looked like a clear background under the text. I haven't received it yet. I was commenting on the way it looked online & wanting more color. So I don't know.

Got my Magic Your Bands in yesterday, Love Them! Still not able to post pics but I will as soon as I can.

In case you missed these on the podcast this week we now have a Give Kids the World design on the site. Designed by WebmasterWill and Corey, not only is this an awesome design but 100% of price you pay for these goes to GKTW. Please check them out! http://www.magicyourband.com/gktw

img_7038-jpg.111657

I am clearly not gifted in this area. I was so excited about decorating my red band with a Minnie theme. I looked at the creative ideas from others, even the WDW nail polish examples on Pinterest. I bought the supplies that I needed. I had the perfect plan and anxiously waited for them to arrive. Then they did - yay! I could hardly wait to get started, but it was a disaster. I tried making a little circle around the Mickey head with a white nail polish pen. You could see every stroke and it looked terrible, so I took it off with nail polish remover. Although it worked, there was still a faint white residue where I had used it. Then I tried to just paint the Mickey head with black polish with a small nail polish accent painter, not a pen. It came out all gloppy and looked like a little child painted it, so off it came. It came off kind of alright, but the black that was in part of the outline of the Mickey head (it wasn't in all of it) I could not remove to save my life. I ended up painting the edge with the white polish to try to cover it up. It was a complete disaster. Now I am afraid to try anything else because I do not want to make further damage. At this point, I wish that I had left the perfectly cute red band alone. :-(

I am clearly not gifted in this area. I was so excited about decorating my red band with a Minnie theme. I looked at the creative ideas from others, even the WDW nail polish examples on Pinterest. I bought the supplies that I needed. I had the perfect plan and anxiously waited for them to arrive. Then they did - yay! I could hardly wait to get started, but it was a disaster. I tried making a little circle around the Mickey head with a white nail polish pen. You could see every stroke and it looked terrible, so I took it off with nail polish remover. Although it worked, there was still a faint white residue where I had used it. Then I tried to just paint the Mickey head with black polish with a small nail polish accent painter, not a pen. It came out all gloppy and looked like a little child painted it, so off it came. It came off kind of alright, but the black that was in part of the outline of the Mickey head (it wasn't in all of it) I could not remove to save my life. I ended up painting the edge with the white polish to try to cover it up. It was a complete disaster. Now I am afraid to try anything else because I do not want to make further damage. At this point, I wish that I had left the perfectly cute red band alone. :-(

Maybe you could try covering it with one of our Skins? :)

I actually like that idea since I wanted the background to be the simple white dots and you have that available to customize. I have a Minnie Mouse image that I would like to use also, but I can't for the life of me resize it properly. I'll keep working at it. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

I know I'm ordering the GKTW band for myself but wanted to create a Captain America band for my 11 year old. Where do I find images that will fit on the bands? I'm kind of lost on the whole custom building one.

I know I'm ordering the GKTW band for myself but wanted to create a Captain America band for my 11 year old. Where do I find images that will fit on the bands? I'm kind of lost on the whole custom building one.

Another option - there are lots of marvel temp tattoos available to create a Capt America band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter