Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by ChrisFL, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I believe anyone can have breakfast there but they will only take reservations if you have a package. Otherwise you'll have to wait.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. villavic

villavic Earning My Ears

Sorry if this has been already asked, it's hard to look for the answer over 65 pages, with no search engine ;)

I'm not a HP films fan, just saw the first two. But I always like to see new rides with a previous "knowledge of the facts", or knowing better the story, I mean to enjoy a bit more the ride recognizing characters, scenes, etc.

So my questions are: Is it recommendable to see any Harry Potter movie before the ride? And what movies are most related to the ride (and you recommend to watch)? Or it doesn't matter at all?

4. hpriamson

hpriamson Mouseketeer

Watch the movies up to "Goblet of Fire" - the 4th movie. That should get you up to everything you're likely to see in the current WWoHP - dueling dragons, all the stuff in Forbidden Journey, Butterbeer, etc.

It's not THAT big a deal though. There's nothing so esoteric about the Harry Potter universe that you'll be puzzled by it if you weren't previously exposed to it. My wife hadn't read any of the books, and hadn't seen any of the movies since the first one (and that 10 years before we visited), and she still loved it.

5. AliceandAriel

AliceandAriel part of your world!

Like the person above me mentioned, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire would cover the rides and general atmosphere for the most part. I'd also recommend Prisoner of Azkaban or Order of the Phoenix, but more PoA than OotP since the latter focuses more on plot in the movie and the darker side outside Hogwarts than inside, which is what you'll want to know prior to the park.

______

Has anyone heard rumors of IoA tearing down some of their current workings around the HP Park to make way for new rides? I've been reading around, and apparently there's some paperwork on two new rides they're drafting for the HP Park, but nothing is solid... yet. ;)

6. glocon

glocon DIS Veteran

All I can say is that I hope that rumor is true. But it seems like some of the people on the DIS who are there frequently would have mentioned that....

One can always hope....

7. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Has the Three Broomsticks breakfast been discontinued? I do not see anything about it online anymore, or as an offering when doing a package at Universal hotel.

8. damo

damo Proud Redhead

9. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I think you might be confused about the new rides. There are new HP rides being built at Universal Studios where Jaws used to be. There is also a new HP Express station being build at IOA. Nothing was torn down other than a few small buildings in the Lost Continent.

10. brookelizabeth

11. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Are you staying onsite? If so, just go to the concierge and they will make a reservation for you....no special package needed.

12. brookelizabeth

Yes - that's great to hear. I thought it was possible, pending availability of course, but wasn't finding any solid details!

Thank you again! :thumbsup2

13. damo

damo Proud Redhead

It isn't something they advertise. Package purchasers get first crack at reservations and then onsite get second crack and regular park goers get last crack. You are only guaranteed a reservation if you purchase a package.

14. coastgirl

coastgirl DIS Veteran

So I'm still not clear on this breakfast thing...we will not be staying onsite, but are planning on being there for rope drop (the general rope drop for the great unwashed like us :teeth:) Can we walk into the Three Broomsticks and have brekkie? Is it a la carte like lunch?

15. damo

damo Proud Redhead

You may or may not be able to have brekkie depending on whether the restaurant is already booked with reservations. It is the same set up as lunch.

16. coastgirl

coastgirl DIS Veteran

Thanks Damo. Do you (or anyone else!) know when breakfast service ends?

17. Moonwolf

Moonwolf Mouseketeer

My friend and I are big Harry Potter fans but not that into coasters.

At first we were just going to skip over the Dragon Challenge ride but then I heard that there was some things to see in the line itself. Now I'm wondering if there is enough interesting things there that it would be worth it to take a walk though the line if the wait is short enough?

18. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

In my experience, all the interesting HP stuff in the queue is well before the point where the lines back up. I think the themed stuff is pretty much over once you get into the cave-tunnel-like portions. That is a looong queue.

19. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

So I read that the possible date of completion for the new HP stuff in USO may be summer 2014. We are planning to go Oct 2014, so do you think it will be crazy busy like when WWOHP 1st opened or not as much?

20. dfriia

dfriia Mouseketeer

I went through all the queues without riding any ride in WWoHP. They were all worthwhile for the queues alone to me.

At the top of the hill going into the Dragon Challenge entrance building, you can see the Weasley's enchanted flying car crashed in the Forbidden Forest as well as the back side of Hagrid's Hut. You can hear Hagrid warning students off from the Forest as well as Fang barking.

Once inside the Champion's Tent, you can circle the Goblet of Fire (on fire!), be greeted as a champion, and see the cots, brooms, and refreshments for the champions who are waiting for their turn at the Dragon Challenge. Then, inside the castle area to see the TriWizards Championship Cup, and the floating candles of the Great Hall.

Pasted below is a link to my blog entry for the ride with photos.

http://roadtripswithbob.blogspot.com/2010/12/hogsmead-part-2.html

21. Moonwolf

Moonwolf Mouseketeer

Thanks both of you. It definitely looks like enough to make it worth checking out.