Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

3). If your camera doesn't fit in a pocket, it will need to be stored in a locker. If you go on the Castle Tour you'll be able to bring your camera with you.
I have a camera case that slips onto a belt. Would I be able to take that with me, or would I need to put it in the locker?

I have a camera case that slips onto a belt. Would I be able to take that with me, or would I need to put it in the locker?

I have not had a problem doing this. Though I will say my shirt was untucked and may have inadvertently obscured the case from view.

Staying onsite, early hours in August for HP are from 7 am - 8am. Is it necessary to get to IOA before 7am? I read that Ollivanders should be done first and then FJ, do you all agree?

Staying onsite, early hours in August for HP are from 7 am - 8am. Is it necessary to get to IOA before 7am? I read that Ollivanders should be done first and then FJ, do you all agree?

Unless something has changed, Ollivander's first. It simply can't handle people as fast as FJ can. The earlier you arrive, the less wait for O's.

Definitely do Ollivanders first as the line is slow moving but it grows very quickly. I think the earlier you can arrive in line the better. Along with onsite and partner hotel package guests to deal with, you will also have passholders who are allowed early entry this summer so it will be a lot more crowded than usual.

Thank you! We will definitely do Ollivanders first. How far is FJ from Ollivanders exit? what's the best and quickest way to get to the FJ line from Ollivanders?

There is no way for us to bypass the lockers as I have a pretty bulky camera and will need to check it. Hope I don't waste too much time doing this. I also don't want to do single rider (esp. if castle tour is closed) as i want to experience the inside of the castle........so how much of a wait can I expect at FJ? Arriving at park hopefully by 6:30 - 6:45am, (yikes, we are not morning people!! but will have to be for HP) :cool1: going to Ollivanders first, what is that about a 5-10 min "show"? I'm guessing we should be on line for FJ about 7:20am or so, does that sound about right?

I know someone answered me in a prior post that there is now one line for FJ and lockers so do the people that need lockers get off that line, put their stuff in lockers and then go back on the same line? Won't people think I am cutting the line? Maybe I'm just dense and not understanding this clearly, sorry!

Thanks so much for your assistance, you guys are the best:banana:

Thank you! We will definitely do Ollivanders first. How far is FJ from Ollivanders exit? what's the best and quickest way to get to the FJ line from Ollivanders?

There is no way for us to bypass the lockers as I have a pretty bulky camera and will need to check it. Hope I don't waste too much time doing this. I also don't want to do single rider (esp. if castle tour is closed) as i want to experience the inside of the castle........so how much of a wait can I expect at FJ? Arriving at park hopefully by 6:30 - 6:45am, (yikes, we are not morning people!! but will have to be for HP) :cool1: going to Ollivanders first, what is that about a 5-10 min "show"? I'm guessing we should be on line for FJ about 7:20am or so, does that sound about right?

I know someone answered me in a prior post that there is now one line for FJ and lockers so do the people that need lockers get off that line, put their stuff in lockers and then go back on the same line? Won't people think I am cutting the line? Maybe I'm just dense and not understanding this clearly, sorry!

Thanks so much for your assistance, you guys are the best:banana:

You have almost direct line-of-sight between O's and FJ. Follow your eyes during the two-minute walk between the two.

If you make the first O's show, I think 7:20a for FJ sounds about right. I'd estimate O's lasts just under 10 minutes. Regardless of a down-to-the-minute projection, you almost certainly won't have a long wait at FJ at that time of morning.

As for lockers, yes--and since enough people will be doing the same as you I wouldn't worry about others' perceptions.

We've just decided to spend a day at US/IoA! I know it's not enough time to do EVERYTHING, but there are certain things we will for sure be doing! Like WWoHP!

How much is a butterbeer now? And in a mug?

Does the Three Broomsticks still sell the leek and potato soup?

My DD is excited because we will be in WWOHP on Harry Potter's birthday (July 31). Do they do anything special to celebrate the character's birthday?

We've just decided to spend a day at US/IoA! I know it's not enough time to do EVERYTHING, but there are certain things we will for sure be doing! Like WWoHP!

How much is a butterbeer now? And in a mug?

Does the Three Broomsticks still sell the leek and potato soup?

Regular Butterbeer is $3.29. Frozen is $4.29. Leek and Potato Soup with a side salad is $6.99 according to Touringplans.com. I believe the souvenir stein runs around $10.

Regular Butterbeer is $3.29. Frozen is $4.29. Leek and Potato Soup with a side salad is $6.99 according to Touringplans.com. I believe the souvenir stein runs around $10.

Awesome, thank you! I cannot wait to go back, and see everything, but especially to try the butterbeer again!

My DD is excited because we will be in WWOHP on Harry Potter's birthday (July 31). Do they do anything special to celebrate the character's birthday?

We were there on Harry Potter's birthday 2 years ago after it first opened. I was surprised to find they didn't do ANYTHING for it at all! (And it was Harry's 30th birthday, too...now you know I'm a HP fan :)

I asked a few employees about it and just got a bunch of shrugged shoulders.

Hi there, was just curious, I know they are doing all the expansion in Orlando to be done next summer, very excited, was also wondering, has anyone heard anyting about the Hollywood version, I have heard that it might house The Great Hall and you might be able to eat there, if that is the case, might have to make a trip back to CA?? Was just curious as to what other people have heard???:goodvibes

Hi there, was just curious, I know they are doing all the expansion in Orlando to be done next summer, very excited, was also wondering, has anyone heard anyting about the Hollywood version, I have heard that it might house The Great Hall and you might be able to eat there, if that is the case, might have to make a trip back to CA?? Was just curious as to what other people have heard???:goodvibes
Not much is heard around here for the CA expansion. You might want to check on Screamscape or ask this question on the DIS in this section:

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

I haven't been to USF since before IOA and Citywalk was built. Also, not much of a Harry Potter fan. However, I will be taking 14 & 16 y/o niece & nephew in late Aug. Nephew is HUGE HP fan! We're going to stay on site to use early access and express pass. Will crowds be an issue in late Aug. I know most of schools in the South are back in session then, so just trying to plan our time. We'll be at Universal on a Thurs. & Fri. before heading to WDW.

What exactly is butterbeer? Everyone talks about it. What does it taste like?
Also, any recommendations for where to eat in the parks? Counter or sit-down doesn't matter as long as it's decent food.

What exactly is butterbeer? Everyone talks about it. What does it taste like?

Also, any recommendations for where to eat in the parks? Counter or sit-down doesn't matter as long as it's decent food.

It tastes like Butterscotch and Cream soda...the frozen is very good but very sweet. Think diabetic coma. ;)

We have a food sticky you should read through. There's a lot of information but its worth it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2681315

Is it customary to leave a tip at 3 Broomsticks? Since it's CS I hadn't really considered it but then when looking around the DISign boards I noticed that someone had created a tip envelope for meals there. I understand that your food is brought to the table after ordering at the counter, correct? So, the tip is for the person who brings the food to the table? Do they also bus the tables? If not where/when is the tip given? :confused3

TIA! :goodvibes

Is it customary to leave a tip at 3 Broomsticks? Since it's CS I hadn't really considered it but then when looking around the DISign boards I noticed that someone had created a tip envelope for meals there. I understand that your food is brought to the table after ordering at counter, correct? So, the tip is for the person who brings the food to the table? Do they also bus the tables? If not where/when is the tip given? :confused3

TIA! :goodvibes

Unless something's changed, you get your food yourself and no tips are involved.

when did the TM's stop carrying the trays or lead you to the table?

i've read some posts where the TM does carry your tray and some that they haven't.
but they all lead you to a table so you don't have to wander around finding one on your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter