Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

You can get breakfast at 3B's now? I thought it used to only be for Hotel guests? Can someone clarify? Also, my plans have changed, I can go to IOA on Sunday now. My original plan was a Tuesday. Is one better than the other? (total trip dates are 9/15-9/21).

When we were there in March they were allowing people to eat breakfast there and if they were busy they had a wait-list.

You can get breakfast at 3B's now? I thought it used to only be for Hotel guests? Can someone clarify? Also, my plans have changed, I can go to IOA on Sunday now. My original plan was a Tuesday. Is one better than the other? (total trip dates are 9/15-9/21).

I haven't personally, but a number of posters have reported they could. Totally depends on availability of course, but I get the impression most walk-ups are successful. YMMV.

Either Sunday or Tuesday should be good--maybe Tuesday is slightly better. Avoid Mondays in any case.

Thanks for all of the responses. Now I can't decide whether to go Sunday or Tuesday! ha!! I'll have to research that breakfast option... :)

tuesdays are always good but sundays can be lighter.

many peeps do their vacations sunday to sunday which would make lighter crowds in the parks.

Is three broomsticks a sit down reasturaunt or do you order at the counter. I really love Harry Potter but I don't have time to have to wait for food. Are there any good counter reasturaunt?

Is three broomsticks a sit down reasturaunt or do you order at the counter. I really love Harry Potter but I don't have time to have to wait for food. Are there any good counter reasturaunt?

you enter the line into the building.
stand in that line until it is your turn to go to the order counter/station.
you order at the counter.
you pick up your order at another counter.

then, a TM will take you to a table which is a good thing.
you don't have to seek one out by yourself.

food orders go quickly.
last year it was only about a 5 minute wait for my food to be ready.

macraven said:
you enter the line into the building.
stand in that line until it is your turn to go to the order counter/station.
you order at the counter.
you pick up your order at another counter.

then, a TM will take you to a table which is a good thing.
you don't have to seek one out by yourself.

food orders go quickly.
last year it was only about a 5 minute wait for my food to be ready.

So would I get my food within 15 minutes?

First, I'd really like to thank, MesaBoy and Macraven for all the great info. I've lurked on this site for my trip to IOA last year and as a result had no issues with where to go and what to do. All worked great! We're going back again in 3 weeks and will this time stay on site to get early entry. Could not get my gang to stand in the sun for an hour for Olivander's. And since it was August who could blame them. Did eat lunch @ 1130 at 3 broomsticks. Went on a Wednesday. Only took 10 minutes to get food and the BEST thing is a TM finds the table. Thanks Again!

red rose now that you are a pro with the darkside, you'll have a greater experience in the parks for the second visit.

i think you will enjoy staying onsite!
you can sleep in a bit more each morning and still get to the gate before early entry begins.

you will love having unlimited usage of the express lines.
if you need a break in the early afternoon, go back to the resort and hit the pool for an hour.

you'll still have plenty of day left to return to the park for more rides and fun.

do return to parry hotter in the last hour the park is open.
it is beautiful all lit up in the evening.

So would I get my food within 15 minutes?

nasscar, if the line to the podium inside is full, it could be a 3 minute wait for you to get to the head of the line.

at that point, you will be directed to the ordering station.
in october, they had 2 registers open for the guests.

i would say it could be done within a minute if you know what you want and don't have to study the menu again.

once the order has been placed, it does not take long to pick it up from the station to your left.

since the menu is basic, they continually are grilling, cooking, making the main entrees.
it could be platted within a few minutes.

i went twice last october to the 3 B's.
it did not take much of my park time at all.

on the short side. count on 5 minutes.
on the long side, could be 10 by the time you sit down at a table to eat.

if you go at the off hours, you won't see lines at the podium.
one day i went at 3:00 and was sitting by 3:05.

First, I'd really like to thank, MesaBoy and Macraven for all the great info. I've lurked on this site for my trip to IOA last year and as a result had no issues with where to go and what to do. All worked great! We're going back again in 3 weeks and will this time stay on site to get early entry. Could not get my gang to stand in the sun for an hour for Olivander's. And since it was August who could blame them. Did eat lunch @ 1130 at 3 broomsticks. Went on a Wednesday. Only took 10 minutes to get food and the BEST thing is a TM finds the table. Thanks Again!

You are very welcome. Love to hear when my advice helps someone! :thumbsup2

Im going to Orlando for the first time in November during Thanksgiving week. I will be staying at Disney for the majority of the trip but i want to take two days out to go to Universal and IOA to go WWOHP. I know its going to be busy which ever day i go but when do you think would be slightly more manageable.

Im going to Orlando for the first time in November during Thanksgiving week. I will be staying at Disney for the majority of the trip but i want to take two days out to go to Universal and IOA to go WWOHP. I know its going to be busy which ever day i go but when do you think would be slightly more manageable.

The further away from Thanksgiving Day the better. Maybe Sunday before might be best, if that an option for you.

How durable are the wands? I know this sounds silly but if you play with the wands will they be likely to break? My son likes to play with the wands I buy lol.

How durable are the wands? I know this sounds silly but if you play with the wands will they be likely to break? My son likes to play with the wands I buy lol.

I've read a couple of reports a while ago of broken wands. They are made of resin.

mesaboy2 said:
I've read a couple of reports a while ago of broken wands. They are made of resin.

So if my son whacks it against the wall will it split in two? Is so I'm putting an alarm on my case

Nasscar159 said:
So if my son whacks it against the wall will it split in two? Is so I'm putting an alarm on my case

I'd say that's very possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter