Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by ChrisFL, Apr 8, 2010.

1. wildekatza

wildekatza Earning My Ears

Hello, just joined today and am already asking my first question:

I have a weak lower back. I was told by several friends recently (who really are wishy washy on certain information items) that the FJ was too rough to ride and that the DD ride in WWoHP would actually be smoother on my lower back? I try to baby my back as much as I can so am checking to see what the general concensus on this is. ;) Also, son and I are going for the first time EVER to US and IOA the week of the 21st of this month. Any suggestions? Crowd calendars show mostly red. We are staying on site so that will help. Surely kids are still in school during the week??? Any other suggestions on rides to def avoid that would be jarring to the lower back?
    Thanks in advance all!
    :hippie:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I don't find FJ jarring at all. There is a lot of movement but it is smooth movement.

4. wildekatza

wildekatza Earning My Ears

Thanks,Damo! That was music to my ears! Was looking fwd to this first trip and am already missing out on a number of the rides I think for my back.
    Good thing DS isnt a fast coaster type of boy!
    :hippie:

5. alexensmom

alexensmom Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advise! We are actually in Jacksonville on our way to WDW!!:woohoo: Didn't have any more time this week for planning since we were packing and DD had three softball games, so I'm throwing caution to the wind. I have been studying the IOA map. DS is too small for many of the rides so DD said she will gladly do Spider Man and Cat in the Hat area since we are going to wwohp just for her. She said she doesn't want to buy a wand at Olivander's so if we hit it first, it won't be taking up much time.

Thanks again!!! Two more hours!!!:cool1:

6. Magistra

Magistra Earning My Ears

This may be too late for you, but thought I'd post it for other readers - lots of the HP merchandise is also sold in the big trading post in the port of entry area so if the crowds are too much in the WWoHP shops, you can get a lot of items at the port of entry shop. They have Pygmy puffs and crookshanks and several character wands (but maybe not as many as Ollivanders). I was pleased to see we didn't have to go back to Filch's Emporium outside of FG to get a cat for dd as they had them at the port of entry trading post.

7. mcjw2011

mcjw2011 Earning My Ears

It's not a question about the IOA WWoHP, just the announcement of another WWoHP in Osaka, Japan.

I'm curious since HP is BIG in Japan, why Universal Studios didn't go directly for that market after the Orlando one opened.

8. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

My guess is that they wanted something to increase business for Universal Orlando, which I think is the biggest of the Universal properties. Looking at attendance records for 2009, Universal Japan is way ahead of both Universal Orlando parks.

9. sammielynn

sammielynn DIS Veteran

After you enter the park what is the best path to take to WWoHP?

10. heidi8

heidi8 Looking for Vanellope

Just go straight through Seussland and keep walking until you get there. If there's a crowd in Seussland you can walk closer to the water past the Green Eggs & Ham station to avoid some of the crowd.

11. buffy24

buffy24 Earning My Ears

If it is a busy day, aka the park opens at 8am, will they still let people go through Seuss land or will the make everyone funnel to the left? We are visiting on a Sunday in June and we know it will be packed, but we plan on arriving very early.

Thanks for any help you can give!

12. Denise W

Denise W Disney Veteran

Hi everyone,

We are at WDW this week but want to go to UO/IOA mainly for the Harry Potter ride. We are going tomorrow (Thursday) and will just be there one day.to minimize the wait time, should we be at the park at opening, or go later in the day? Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Denise

13. fmiaw

fmiaw Earning My Ears

Can't wait to go!

14. DisneyAngel05

DisneyAngel05 What's 12 hours on a plane, when DISNEY is waiting

Can anyone who's been to the Harry Potter world tell me -

are there any giant spiders in the rides/stalls etc to be aware of?

Sorry for such a ridiculous question, but I'm horrifically aracnophobic, and it pays to know so there aren't any spiders! We had a HP exhibit at MovieWorld in Australia, complete with giant robot spider - not the best experience of my life.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

15. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

spiders are there.
    in one segment you will see them.
    just close your eyes and you'll pass through that section quickly.

16. Lidian

Lidian DIS Veteran

^^^

That's exactly what I had to do ... :thumbsup2 Trust me, it's worth it to endure a few seconds of spiders and closing eyes!

17. TwingleMum

TwingleMum DIS Veteran

I think the spiders (actually I think its Aragog) is in the Forbidden Forest. So if you see the forest get prepared. Its quick and not bad. The ride is sooo cool don't miss it.

18. kittyninja

kittyninja Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy!

Yeah, here's a tip, after you see the Dragon...close your eyes!! When you hear harry's voice again you're okay. :D

19. Halloween Baby

Halloween Baby Mouseketeer

We are going to weigh with early entry and have 10:30 reservations at Cafe la Bamba. How long is it going to take to get from place to place. We will have a stroller but are in good shape and can walk quickly!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

20. disneyhockeymad

disneyhockeymad <font color=magenta>˚o˚ ˚o˚ <font color=blue>Shari

Hi there :wave:

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but as much as I've tried to go back through the 51 pages of this thread I've hit overload point and can't take in any more information!!

We're heading to FL in September (6-20) and plan on going to IoA on at least one of the Sundays/Mondays, does anybody have any tips for what we should be doing? We're going to try and get there as early as we can and make a b-line for WWoHP as soon as we're let in but after that we're a bit stuck, obviously FJ is a must-do but other than that we're not entirely sure. I'd love your input!

Also, what's the quickest way to get there from the main gates, and what are the crowds normally like around September? We're fully prepared to be there all day, we're just wondering when's best to drop off to other areas of the park and do the other rides!

21. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

you would have less crowds if you went on Sunday and not Monday.