Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Hi! I've been lurking this board for a few months, but am just about to leave on vacation. (I'm headed to Costa Rica first, followed by two days at Universal). I was wondering what are people's favorite and least favorite candy at Honeydukes? I've heard some of the candy is poor quality and bad tasting, and for the prices that I've seen I'd like to know what (if any) of the candy do you guys recommend?

I will getting chocolate frogs and cauldron cakes :) But am lost beyond that.

the cauldron cake i had last year was dry.
don't know if anyone else experienced that.

the chocolate frogs are good.
instead of buying them at parry hotter, i buy mine at jelly belly.
it's much cheaper then.

but, you can't go wrong on the chocolate frogs.

have fun on both locations on your vacation!

We really liked the Lemon Drops - the ones in the glass container, not the one you can buy by the pound (for some reason those are not as good). I actually didn't like the chocolate frogs. The packaging is cool and you get a card, but the chocolate itself tasted like that cheap Easter egg chocolate.

i've heard others say the chocolate frogs have that palmer easter candy taste.
i had that impression with the ones when they first came out, but last year i didn't.

guess i just got lucky.

Hello everyone,
what a wonderful thread full with so much info :)
We are Universal newbies and going there next week:cool1: Reading all the posts, seems that we are going there the busiest days - Friday and Saturday. We are staying onsite and will do the early entry for IOA. I have read to do the Oleanders first and then FJ. Would the store be open for early entry, and if we get on line for the store first would we miss on FJ - meaning when done with the wand store, would FJ's line be really long? We also have Breakfast res for 9:30, so looking for some input on what is the best way to utilize our time. TIA

Hello everyone,
what a wonderful thread full with so much info :)
We are Universal newbies and going there next week:cool1: Reading all the posts, seems that we are going there the busiest days - Friday and Saturday. We are staying onsite and will do the early entry for IOA. I have read to do the Oleanders first and then FJ. Would the store be open for early entry, and if we get on line for the store first would we miss on FJ - meaning when done with the wand store, would FJ's line be really long? We also have Breakfast res for 9:30, so looking for some input on what is the best way to utilize our time. TIA

Everything within WWoHP should be open for EE. Note that Ollivander's is not a store, but a show that reenacts the scene from HP1 where Harry gets his wand. If you go to that show, you are dumped into the Owl Post, where you can buy a wand and other things. You do not have to go to Ollivander's to get into the store.

But yes, go to Ollivander's first if you're interested. The line for it builds fast and stays long all day long. Forbidden Journey is a people-eater and an interesting queue anyways.

If you show up for early entry when it opens, or even a few minutes before would be better, than you should have no trouble getting Ollivanders and FJ done before your 9:30a breakfast (I'm assuming at Three Broomsticks).

I really liked my choc cauldron... didnt eat my frog he is still in the box :) anyone tried that pumpkin tart?

Everything within WWoHP should be open for EE. Note that Ollivander's is not a store, but a show that reenacts the scene from HP1 where Harry gets his wand. If you go to that show, you are dumped into the Owl Post, where you can buy a wand and other things. You do not have to go to Ollivander's to get into the store.

But yes, go to Ollivander's first if you're interested. The line for it builds fast and stays long all day long. Forbidden Journey is a people-eater and an interesting queue anyways.

If you show up for early entry when it opens, or even a few minutes before would be better, than you should have no trouble getting Ollivanders and FJ done before your 9:30a breakfast (I'm assuming at Three Broomsticks).

This is wonderful information - thank you very much! My DD is really interested in Ollivanders, so will do that one first and then FJ. And yes breakfast is at Three Broomsticks. Thanks a lot for your help!

DH and I are going to WWoHP for the 1st time on Sept 19th. Are there any crowd calendars out there for Universal like there are for the Disney parks? I was just wondering how busy it may be. :confused3

My best friend really wants me to send a postcard from WWoHP because apparently you can get a Hogsmead post mark... Is this true? And if it is where do I do this from? Thanks :)

Right outside the entrance to Owl Post when I was there. So, next door to Ollivander's and under the big Owlery shelter beside the shop door. There was a podium and a woman in a robe and hat was rubber stamping anything you asked her to. I got a Hogsmeade stamp in my passport for my birthday! I also mailed a card in an envelope that I had already addressed and stamped at home, so it was sent from Hogsmeade.

ksromack said:
Will the WWoHP be decorated for the Christmas season.

I don't remember much in the way of Christmas decorations there in past years--maybe wreaths on doors or something similar--pretty understated if they're there at all.

Seuss Landing goes all out, as does parts of the Studios, but that's all I recall.

I really liked my choc cauldron... didnt eat my frog he is still in the box :) anyone tried that pumpkin tart?

I LOVE the pumpkin tart! Can not wait to have it again in Sept. for my birthday. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

PumpkinTartresizedforphotobucket.jpg

We are staying onsite. For us Ollivanders would be neat, but FJ is a must. Which would you head to first? We plan to try to make EE, but due to time differences, I may have difficulty motivating my DH to get there that early. What would be the next best time to go? Does HHN have any effect on crowds here? We will be going Oct. 18-20. Which day would you recommend to hit the HP attractions?

since you are staying on site, use the early entry.

your waits for fj are less when the park first opens and the last hour the park is open.

if you have never been to UO/parry hotter, i would imagine that the first morning you are there, you would hit parry hotter.....
or in the evening of when you check into the hotel.

ollivanders line grows as the day goes on.

do one morning for ollivander and another morning/evening for fj.

hhn is at the studios, this does not effect ioa.

studios will close at 5:00 on the evenings hhn is happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter