Happy Hour!!! Universal Happy Hour Information

We were at US and IOA last weekend. Looks like the happy hour prices have changed. Also, a bartender told us Miller Brewing now has the main contract instead of ABusch. So, the result is the carts now seem to carry only miller light (gross) or Yeungling. Miller light was $3.50 during happy hour. Finnegans imports were a whopping $0.25 off during happy hour. So, a harp went from $6.50 to $6.25. I guess that's better than nothing. I'll try to update the first page of this.

Also, of note - the watering hole's sign (which is included in this thread) has been changed. It now has the Coke logo and the dinosaurs are now drinking Cokes.

Another note:
Margitaville's happy hour is now 1/2 price Margaritas & $2.50 for Pabst Draft (updated Dec 11).

The pabst cup is pretty small. I didn't measure it but it is probably 12oz.

Just an update for everyone regarding the refillable pilsner glass: I bought one this past weekend and it seems that at some point Universal has closed the 'extra 4 oz' loophole as when I returned home, curious, I went ahead and measured the capacity of the cup. Yep, right at 20 oz.

So, anyone who has the 24 oz version, hold on to it!! As now it seems the only advantage to toting the new pilsner glass around to refill is so you have a rigid glass rather than a crushable cup. :confused3

Thanks squaresville!! I checked mine and they are 20oz too. Our old 24oz mugs cracked last year and we Universal kindly replaced them for us. I suspected the colored ones were smaller but I thought the clear ones were still 24oz. I'll update the intro message.

Thanks again.

I wonder if the plastic cup is smaller now. Maybe it is 16oz. I'll check next time we go unless someone can check in the meantime.

I wonder if the plastic cup is smaller now. Maybe it is 16oz. I'll check next time we go unless someone can check in the meantime.

Right, I have been to p.5 and been thoroughly informed about 'well' drinks - thanks, but what I want to know is - if I want a JD and coke and chances are I will want a fair few then do i ask for a JD and coke or is there a chepaer bourbon brand that would be a well drink? Or is JD counted as a cheaper spirit over there?

I can pretty much guarantee Jack Daniels (JD) would NOT be a well. If you want JD ask for JD. You might want to try the well first to see if you like it. You'll save a few $$.

Can anyone reply with the bourbon brand US/IOA uses for well drinks?

So it counts as a premium bourbon - over here it is pretty much the only one!

So what would I ask for if I wanted to try the well version? I have read that it would just be a whisky and coke - which here would get you a scotch and coke - so confusing!

<cant believe I'm focusing on this over other things :rolleyes1>

thank you for keeping this thread alive and current.

many of us appreciate what you are doing.

when i go in october, i'll do some pictures to add on here.

I echo this - and I'll do my best to bring back pictures and let you know - I'm interested in finding out about Hogshead - since you last updated you said that AB contract was out and Miller was in - so I'm curious where that puts the InBev beers in Hogshead! (I had read the Hogshead beer was something similiar to a Killian's but with Bud's Red Amber, according to the link partythroughtheparks.com website!)

I'll do my best! :thumbsup2

So what would I ask for if I wanted to try the well version? I have read that it would just be a whisky and coke - which here would get you a scotch and coke - so confusing!

I like your priorities!! To heck with what rides to ride or shows to see. You want your drinks!! Cheers!!

Anyway - just ask for bourbon or whiskey & coke and you will be fine. They make ask what brand though.

By the way - Jack Daniels is a whiskey. Something like Wild Turkey (my favorite) is a bourbon. I'm mainly a beer drinker so the difference is lost on me.

By the way - Jack Daniels is a whiskey. Something like Wild Turkey (my favorite) is a bourbon. I'm mainly a beer drinker so the difference is lost on me.

jack is a sour mash whiskey.
i :love: TN..

it's the best in ordering a cojack.

and i hate it when they substitute RC Cola for Coke in that drink......

Just an update for everyone regarding the refillable pilsner glass: I bought one this past weekend and it seems that at some point Universal has closed the 'extra 4 oz' loophole as when I returned home, curious, I went ahead and measured the capacity of the cup. Yep, right at 20 oz.

So, anyone who has the 24 oz version, hold on to it!! As now it seems the only advantage to toting the new pilsner glass around to refill is so you have a rigid glass rather than a crushable cup. :confused3

we may have one...or two....or ten lying around :lmao: Thanks for the heads up!!! I want my 4 ozs ;)

PRIORITIES!!!! LOL.......enjoy your vacation :goodvibes

jack is a sour mash whiskey.
i :love: TN..

it's the best in ordering a cojack.

and i hate it when they substitute RC Cola for Coke in that drink......

macnjack :worship::lovestruc

I'm stopping back in this weekend so I'll try and buy something in the disposable cup....for Science!

Unlikely, but if anyone discovers where to find one of the old 24oz pilsner glasses, feel free to let me know!

It's official - The refillable cup is the same size as the throwaway cup. So, there is no reason to tote around the refillable unless you want a keepsake. Sad.

In other, happier, news - it appears that Alcatraz is now open permanently - and they have happy hour even during Marti Gras. It is open because of the closing of the Jaws/Amity area. Yea!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter