Happy Hour!!! Universal Happy Hour Information

No HH during Marti Gras this year again. IOA still has HH though. So hit hit IOA first than stroll over to US for the parade.

Anyone else have any other news?

Remember I keep the first page updated with any new info.

thank you for keeping this thread alive and current.

many of us appreciate what you are doing.

when i go in october, i'll do some pictures to add on here.

I think there are a lot of newbies to US/IOA lately so I just wanted to remind everyone about the Happy Hour's through out the parks. See the first page of this thread.

Cheers,
Bryan

I think there are a lot of newbies to US/IOA lately so I just wanted to remind everyone about the Happy Hour's through out the parks. See the first page of this thread.

Cheers,
Bryan

Great thread, UA :thumbsup2

I'm a Universal newbie that likes good beer. Since you appear to be the designated Universal Alcoho...er..."Libations Expert," do you happen to know where good craft/micro brews are located in the two parks and citiwalk? We prefer to drink the good stuff, especially while on vacation ;)

Great thread, UA :thumbsup2

I'm a Universal newbie that likes good beer. Since you appear to be the designated Universal Alcoho...er..."Libations Expert," do you happen to know where good craft/micro brews are located in the two parks and citiwalk? We prefer to drink the good stuff, especially while on vacation ;)

When you find yourself in Finnegan's at US, be sure to try their beer sample:

PP5150201_201.jpg

Universal027.jpg

... do you happen to know where good craft/micro brews are located in the two parks and citiwalk? We prefer to drink the good stuff, especially while on vacation ;)

Excellent question.

However, finding craft/micro brew in the parks will be challenging. Finnegans has an excellent selection of imported beers (UK mostly) all on draft. In my experience, just finding a place that has something besides Bud Light is a bonus. You can find Yuengling, Amberbock, Heineken at some locations (try Backwater bar, watering hole). Also, the Harry Potter bar has a decent selection of non-Bud-Light beers. I typically only drink draft in the parks so there may be more options if your ok with bottles.

I'm sure we'll get some more good responses to this question. Keep posted.

One of my must haves at Universal is at Citywalk. Go to the Lone Palm Bar and get a Lone Palm Ale. It is only served here and not anyplace else. They do not even serve it in Margaritaville restaurant. It is a pretty good beer if looking for something other than Bud Light. When we eat at Margaritaville I have to go outside to get one then bring it to our table.For me no trip would be complete without one or six.

When you find yourself in Finnegan's at US, be sure to try their beer sample:

PP5150201_201.jpg

Universal027.jpg

I'll definitely have to check out Finnegan's. Based on the name alone, it has to be decent :thumbsup2

Excellent question.

However, finding craft/micro brew in the parks will be challenging. Finnegans has an excellent selection of imported beers (UK mostly) all on draft. In my experience, just finding a place that has something besides Bud Light is a bonus. You can find Yuengling, Amberbock, Heineken at some locations (try Backwater bar, watering hole). Also, the Harry Potter bar has a decent selection of non-Bud-Light beers. I typically only drink draft in the parks so there may be more options if your ok with bottles.

I'm sure we'll get some more good responses to this question. Keep posted.

Thanks for the info. I definitely plan on stopping by Hogs Head and having a brew. Heck, we actually love to have Yuengling when we're down there. They don't distribute where we live, and it's decent beer, especially for the price.

One of my must haves at Universal is at Citywalk. Go to the Lone Palm Bar and get a Lone Palm Ale. It is only served here and not anyplace else. They do not even serve it in Margaritaville restaurant. It is a pretty good beer if looking for something other than Bud Light. When we eat at Margaritaville I have to go outside to get one then bring it to our table.For me no trip would be complete without one or six.

Nice, I love trying local beer. I'll definitely try and sample the Lone Palm Ale. Are you able to bring a child into the establishment or get a couple to go?

"is it kid friendly"..

All the bars/restaurants at US/IOA and citywalk are kid friendly during the day. You would only have to worry about some of the clubs (groove,...) at night with the kids. We have a 9 & 7 yr old and have been going to the parks (& the pubs) since they were babies.

I'm at IoA right now and I asked the bartender at Hog's Head and he confirmed that the only happy hours in IOA are at the Watering Hole (if it's still called that) and Confiscos.

Hog's Head Ale is $6 but not bad. Still prefer a Newcastle.

Partythroughtheparks.com claims Nascar Cafe will give you a free bucket of beer with a parking receipt during any college or NFL game. Can anybody confirm this? Seems too good to be true.

as i am from australia, can someone please explain what a 'well' drink is in your happy hour postings?

we are coming to visit next month & i like to be prepared ...

as i am from australia, can someone please explain what a 'well' drink is in your happy hour postings?

we are coming to visit next month & i like to be prepared ...

cheapest brand booze....Gordons or equivalent.

The well/rack is the tray in front of the bartender where the most used (and usually cheapest) booze is held for easy and fast access.

I saw that in the movie Cocktail. :cool1:

cheapest brand booze....Gordons or equivalent.

The well/rack is the tray in front of the bartender where the most used (and usually cheapest) booze is held for easy and fast access.

I saw that in the movie Cocktail. :cool1:

does this include normal 'spirits' such as bourbon/vodka etc. or are we only talking beer here?

cause i love a good, neat bourbon but if it's cheap, maybe i'd be better off with a slushie/cocktail kind of concoction

Any tips for saving $$ on drinks at HHN?
  1. Visit a nearby off-site restaurant like Fridays or Alehouse - both chains have locations on Kirkman just off Universal property - before heading into the event.
  2. If you have a 2-park pass or an Annual Pass, take advantage of the HH specials at Backwater in IOA.
  3. Take advantage of HH specials at some of the Citywalk restaurants before heading into HHN.
  4. Get your drinks at Finnegans rather than at the stand-up bars. Better pours and better prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter