HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note where the air conditioned locations are so you can duck in when you start overheating in a costume. We did this last year, and it was a real help. Shops, restaurants, Golden Horseshoe treat trail, Market House, First Aid, etc. When you need a heat break, knowing where you can get to quickly can help keep you sane.

Am here now waiting for fireworks. Oddly the heat wasn't that bad. The clouds came in and covered the sun. Was more pleasant today then yesterday oddly.

Am here now waiting for fireworks. Oddly the heat wasn't that bad. The clouds came in and covered the sun. Was more pleasant today then yesterday oddly.

How busy does it feel ? How close are you for fireworks and when did you grab a spot?

Is this party sold out ? I'm debating cancelling our dinner at BB since the parade is short and seems like spots aren't impossible to find.

Just got back from the party. Our morning in the parks was miserably hot. We were in DL for about an hour and a half then DCA for the same. Took a break this afternoon then headed back to the party about 2:45. It got cloudy so wasn't as hot.

Security was a breeze as were the turnstiles. We rode Indy as walk on, ate at Plaza Inn with no wait, got FP's for Star Tours then headed to Toontown. Lines for meet and greets and treat trails were crazy. We rode the two rides, got one photo then left. Rode Star Tours with the FP's, met Peter and Wendy, did Pirates, HM, and BTM. Headed back to the other side of the park, and rode a few more rides. Sat down at IASW about a half hour before the fireworks and had a snack. There were NO projections but the fireworks were good and we got to sit! We then went and rode BTM one more time then got second row seats in front of Carnation Cafe for the second parade about 15 minutes before it started. In between we hit up treat trails and between the four of us probably filled up one of the large reusable totes we bought. All in all we got a lot done and had fun.

Just got back from the party! It was super hot of course, but tolerable once the party started and the sun went down (although I have no idea how those with elaborate costumes survived). I ditched my usual black Halloween t-shirt in favor of a much lighter shirt, and don't regret that decision one bit.

Treat trails seemed pretty quick, even at the start of the night -- faster than I remember from previous years but then again this is my first Monday night party. I only stopped at maybe half the treat trails but I still somehow ended up nearly filling my AP tote (which you can pick up where Big Thunder Trail ends, and also "see" the dragon). My favorite treat trail is the one that goes through the Launch Bay -- not just because it's indoors and air-conditioned (sooooo nice!), but also because it was pretty cool to go trick-or-treating in the cantina. Plus, when I reached the last station, they were refreshing it with a bunch of Peeps and I was like, "ooooooh, Peeps!" and the guy gave me two handfuls. :)

Based on the reports from the first night, I decided to wait until the second parade since I figured it would be easy to grab a spot (and I would be wilting by then, anyway, and happy to rest before heading home). But most of the curb spots for the second parade were already claimed pretty much right after the fireworks.

I thought it'd be easy to snag a spot at 10pm but ended up going all the way to Town Hall and finding a bit of curb still free right in front (here's a tip -- you'll find a couple of carts parked right in front, selling those light-up toys/ears/etc -- they'll move a few minutes before the parade and you can claim that bit of curb without having to wait forever!).

I'm generally not a fan of parades (although I loved PtN) so I wanted to see this more for the novelty, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Dr. Facilier even winked at me! ;) Definitely recommend taking the time to watch the parade, even if you're not a parade person.

Even though I wish the weather would have been nicer, it was totally worth it and I'm already looking forward to next year. Now I have to sort out the candy and figure out which ones are worth keeping and which ones I'll give away. Thankfully, there are none of those awful "peanut chews" this year -- it's all the good stuff!

For those who have been to the party already, have you seen guests with props? What is security allowing inside the park? For example, friends of ours went last year as the Sanderson sisters, complete with a small broom, small mop, and a child's vacuum cleaner. Would those kinds of props be allowed in this year?

I read on another forum that there are tons of people at the party without wrist bands. Did anyone notice anything like that? The last time I went to a DL Halloween party, they did a really good job kicking people out.

We were checked multiple times for wristbands at the beginning of the party

Sorry I didn't notice anyone with props at the party... I also didn't really see many really elaborate costumes but wasnt paying that much attention

Last edited:
If anyone is interested - Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is doing their haunted gingerbread event. Tickets are on sale now. Last year they sold out pretty fast, but this year they do not have them on their site, it was announced on their FB page. here is the link for the tickets -
http://www.eventbrite.com/o/ralph-brennans-jazz-kitchen-11344216513

I am thinking about doing this with DD, looks like something right up her alley since she loves anything remotely culinary (DH is very proud since he is a chef ;)). Since we are not doing the party maybe this is a good Halloweeny thing to do.

Wow, the heat :eek:, and NO peanut chews :thumbsup2! Keep these great reviews and tips coming. Definitely rethinking costumes. Last year my son ditched the mad hatter wig and hat before the party even officially started. It had to have been at least 90.

If anyone is interested - Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is doing their haunted gingerbread event. Tickets are on sale now. Last year they sold out pretty fast, but this year they do not have them on their site, it was announced on their FB page. here is the link for the tickets -
http://www.eventbrite.com/o/ralph-brennans-jazz-kitchen-11344216513

I am thinking about doing this with DD, looks like something right up her alley since she loves anything remotely culinary (DH is very proud since he is a chef ;)). Since we are not doing the party maybe this is a good Halloweeny thing to do.

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a fun thing my 5 year old could do with one of us while the other takes the toddler back to the hotel for nap!

Our costumes are complete...This should be fun, it will be the first time we dress up as a family.
The 8 year old is Han Solo, sadly no blaster due to Disney rules, but we did find a "better than Spirit store" costume on the bay and awesome hush puppy riding boots. I'm Indiana Jones as I already had the hat, holster and an original Mark VII British gas mask bag, but have to go Woody style (empty holster) due to gun rules. My wife is Marion Ravenwood (Market/basket scene) and will be the most comfortable as her outfit is like wearing her pj's! She can wear my jacket if she gets cold...
Grand mom has a scooter if it gets too warm and we need to remove items...Now all we do is wait.

Mike

Just got back from the party! It was super hot of course, but tolerable once the party started and the sun went down (although I have no idea how those with elaborate costumes survived). I ditched my usual black Halloween t-shirt in favor of a much lighter shirt, and don't regret that decision one bit.

Treat trails seemed pretty quick, even at the start of the night -- faster than I remember from previous years but then again this is my first Monday night party. I only stopped at maybe half the treat trails but I still somehow ended up nearly filling my AP tote (which you can pick up where Big Thunder Trail ends, and also "see" the dragon). My favorite treat trail is the one that goes through the Launch Bay -- not just because it's indoors and air-conditioned (sooooo nice!), but also because it was pretty cool to go trick-or-treating in the cantina. Plus, when I reached the last station, they were refreshing it with a bunch of Peeps and I was like, "ooooooh, Peeps!" and the guy gave me two handfuls. :)

Based on the reports from the first night, I decided to wait until the second parade since I figured it would be easy to grab a spot (and I would be wilting by then, anyway, and happy to rest before heading home). But most of the curb spots for the second parade were already claimed pretty much right after the fireworks.

I thought it'd be easy to snag a spot at 10pm but ended up going all the way to Town Hall and finding a bit of curb still free right in front (here's a tip -- you'll find a couple of carts parked right in front, selling those light-up toys/ears/etc -- they'll move a few minutes before the parade and you can claim that bit of curb without having to wait forever!).

I'm generally not a fan of parades (although I loved PtN) so I wanted to see this more for the novelty, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Dr. Facilier even winked at me! ;) Definitely recommend taking the time to watch the parade, even if you're not a parade person.

Even though I wish the weather would have been nicer, it was totally worth it and I'm already looking forward to next year. Now I have to sort out the candy and figure out which ones are worth keeping and which ones I'll give away. Thankfully, there are none of those awful "peanut chews" this year -- it's all the good stuff!

No peanut chews?! It's a Halloween miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter