HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I saw, at 7:45pm there were lots of second row spots all down main street. Once the parade was over it was easy to walk up to almost the partners statue.

The fireworks are after the parade right? Would it be easier for me to watch the fireworks and then maybe walk towards it's a small world for the 2nd parade and sit in that area if I choose to go to the 2nd parade instead of the 1st?

The fireworks are after the parade right? Would it be easier for me to watch the fireworks and then maybe walk towards it's a small world for the 2nd parade and sit in that area if I choose to go to the 2nd parade instead of the 1st?
Yes. I saw people grab spots at small world as the parade was passing by so no need to get there early.

Yes. I saw people grab spots at small world as the parade was passing by so no need to get there early.

Thank you for all your info!! I feel a little less stress about getting a decent spot to watch the parade and fireworks! Especially since Monday still isn't sold out!

I arrived around 2:15 yesterday to pick up my ticket. I wandered maybe 15 minutes in World of Disney, and by the time I got through the ticket line it was about 3:50. I had to leave for a little bit so as I was driving out at 4:45, I could see the overpass to the parking garage was packed. Manchester/Ball was filled and Harbor/Ball was a mess.

Do Winnie the Pooh & friends wear Halloween costumes in the meet & greet at the parties?

Aside from the parade and fireworks what are the MUST DOs of a MHP? We are going on Oct 29th and I am feeling a little lost as this will be different from any other DL trip we have made. We wont be in the parks in the morning as we only have the MHP tickets so we will be there to get in at 4 and then try to do as much as possible throughout the night until the party is over. We will have 4 adults and 3 girls ages 9, 8, and 6.

I just watched the frightfully fun parade on YouTube. Am I the only one that thinks it is really dark for kids? I am taking my 6 and 4 year old. We have reservations for BB and I am considering canceling and skipping the parade altogether. Can anyone that was there share your opinions on it?

I just watched the frightfully fun parade on YouTube. Am I the only one that thinks it is really dark for kids? I am taking my 6 and 4 year old. We have reservations for BB and I am considering canceling and skipping the parade altogether. Can anyone that was there share your opinions on it?

I also heard it is darker/spookier but I didn't watch the youtube since I want to remain unspoiled. I am planning to prep my 6 year old niece by talking to her about how its spookier but also just fake and just people in costumes pretending to be spooky for fun. then before it starts I plan to try to get her into the mood by having her and my son and nephew pretend to be spooky and make a joke out of it so she can get into the mindset that it's all just pretend. Also in the car on the way down I am going to have them watch princess and the frog since it has similarly spooky scenes and also has Dr. Facilier who is one of the villains in the parade. hopefully all of that will help combine into a schema that allows her to enjoy it and be less frightened by it.

But I also tend to over think things so for all I know she would find it to be just fine. :rolleyes:

Has anybody seen character photos? Some of you know I am drawing and I like to be prepared. I got caught out last year when Bullseye showed up and I'd really like to avoid that. :D

Last edited:
Can someone give me some tips regarding crowd flow based on days there is a MHP? Or link me to where that is discussed?

We are going for 4 days, and there are 2 MHP while we are there. I'm assuming the days with MHP, Disneyland is typically less crowded?

Any help would be much appreciated.

It didn't seem dark at all for us watching it live. My daughter is 6. Honestly though she's used to haunted mansion, etc. So we might not be the best to judge by. However, I wouldn't say "the mood was dark". It was lively and fun.

Can someone give me some tips regarding crowd flow based on days there is a MHP? Or link me to where that is discussed?

We are going for 4 days, and there are 2 MHP while we are there. I'm assuming the days with MHP, Disneyland is typically less crowded?

Disneyland was not crowded at all until the party people were let in, then it's a zoo until the non party people leave.
I heard DCA gets crazy after that time.

Does anyone have information about the menu served at the BB package? Was there any extras besides the dinner and parade viewing? Do you think it's worth the price?

Does anyone have information about the menu served at the BB package? Was there any extras besides the dinner and parade viewing? Do you think it's worth the price?
I didn't take a picture of the menu, but you got to choose an appetizer, entree and desert.
Appetizers were a salad (I had it, good) gumbo or something else I forgot. There were like 5 or 6 things to choose from for entrees including filet mignon, surf and turf, short ribs, the portobello mushroom and rice dish (I had this as I don't eat meat or fish - very good) and I forget what else. Maybe a salmon? I think the menu is almost the same as the dinner menu. Dessert had 3 options. Chocolate mousse thing, chocolate hazelnut cake (I had this - average) and creme brûlée.

Is it worth it? Depends on your opinion of worth. But if I didn't already plan to eat there, I wouldn't have spent the money just for the viewing area. The area was great, on main street, but there wasn't a crazy crowd lined up so still good viewing 45 minutes before the parade or for the second parade. Extras we got were a lanyard that lights up and a large bag of candy.

Do Winnie the Pooh & friends wear Halloween costumes in the meet & greet at the parties?

The last 2 years, we've taken photos with Pooh (dressed as a honeybee) and Eeyore (don't remember his costume). Not sure if Rabbit had a costume. But Pooh and Eeyore definitely did.

As mentioned by another poster, the overlap hours when MHP guests are allowed in early (starting at either 3pm or 4pm, depending on the party start time) can get pretty crowded. Main Street can get very congested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter